Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Neither have I Sarah but for me that is a minor consideration because my dog would eat anything given the chance including chopped up old boot I am pretty certain of that
mine is the same
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Okay... I'm not from the UK... and I know nothing about these brands of dog food (except Orijen, which they hardly sell here, anyway) but can someone tell me this...

Since WHEN is potato better for a dog than barley?? They are both merely filler products, and I certainly think barley, a grain is better for dogs than potato, a pure starch.

Barley is surely better for us than potato... last I heard. To feed a dog potato and not barley kinda doesn't make sense to me, so in all honesty.. maybe I'm missing something, so could someone PLEASE explain?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Okay... I'm not from the UK... and I know nothing about these brands of dog food (except Orijen, which they hardly sell here, anyway) but can someone tell me this...

Since WHEN is potato better for a dog than barley?? They are both merely filler products, and I certainly think barley, a grain is better for dogs than potato, a pure starch.

Barley is surely better for us than potato... last I heard. To feed a dog potato and not barley kinda doesn't make sense to me, so in all honesty.. maybe I'm missing something, so could someone PLEASE explain?
Hi Myra some dogs have an intolerance of barley and all cereals but not usually potato because it is a vegetable.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Hi Myra some dogs have an intolerance of barley and all cereals but not usually potato because it is a vegetable.
I see, thanks a lot. I always knew that barley as a whole was better health-wise than potato... but I heard people here argue against it. I see now that it's an intolerance issue and not a health issue.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2