View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Me personally..... I would get rid of the boyfriend!!!! How can anyone who works with horses as I believe he does, treats another animal with such disdain..... OK so they were dumped on you, neither you or he wants them, how long before he does kick and punch them???????????

REHOME THEM NOW!!!!!!!! Those poor dogs deserve a better place than with you two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Welcome to Dogsey.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree rehome them is best, but I think we are being a little harsh on the OP and her boyfriend, they didn't chose to have dogs and seem to have had them rather dumped on them.

Not the dogs fault obviously but not their fault either. And dumping the boyfriend or leaving a job ? Well obviously said by someone never having worked in job with tied accommodation, or not aware how hard it is to find jobs these days. Also it sounds like the OP and boyfriend are well matched if neither want dogs because lets face it not everyone has to love dogs and certainly not everyone should have them.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Agree with you Julie but whether you like dogs or not there is no excuse for even thinking about hitting or kicking them I dislike cats but I would never dream of harming one.these poor dogs have been abandoned and are now living under the threat of being physically hurt,its abuse no matter what way you look at it
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by thrillmonkey View Post
My boyfriend, however, HATES dogs. He has never had them, and has never wanted them. It's hard to watch because my otherwise loving and peaceful boyfriend wants to kill these dogs. Literally. He's threatened to kick them and hit them and I know he really wishes he could because they are constantly under foot and begging at the table and getting on the furniture (all things that are major pet peeves of his).
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I agree rehome them is best, but I think we are being a little harsh on the OP and her boyfriend, they didn't chose to have dogs and seem to have had them rather dumped on them.

Not the dogs fault obviously but not their fault either. And dumping the boyfriend or leaving a job ? Well obviously said by someone never having worked in job with tied accommodation, or not aware how hard it is to find jobs these days. Also it sounds like the OP and boyfriend are well matched if neither want dogs because lets face it not everyone has to love dogs and certainly not everyone should have them.
Re-read the above quote from the OP. Does this sound like a stable and safe place for these dogs? She asked for help and the only smart thing to do is find a way to re-home them which is what many of us has suggested.

You're exactly right Julie, not every one has to like dogs or have them and I truly hope these dogs find a way out from a home that basically hates them for going up on the furniture and having the typical energy of a Springer....the horror.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Just while you're on here,there is something I've been meaning to ask....any chance you might let me have Frankie??
Everyone wants Frankie and he's such a little oike I know he looks cute but his looks hide his true nature, but no I wouldn't part with him. My Mil keeps trying to steal him but she'd ruin him by over feeding and under exercising not to mention being a total pushover.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Everyone wants Frankie and he's such a little oike I know he looks cute but his looks hide his true nature, but no I wouldn't part with him. My Mil keeps trying to steal him but she'd ruin him by over feeding and under exercising not to mention being a total pushover.
Was worth a try
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Re-read the above quote from the OP. Does this sound like a stable and safe place for these dogs? She asked for help and the only smart thing to do is find a way to re-home them which is what many of us has suggested.

You're exactly right Julie, not every one has to like dogs or have them and I truly hope these dogs find a way out from a home that basically hates them for going up on the furniture and having the typical energy of a Springer....the horror.

No it doesn't which was why I agreed rehoming the dogs was best. TBH I can understand people having murderous thoughts about dogs if they have not wanted them and suddenly find themselves living with them. No where does the OP say anything untoward has happened to the dogs it actually sounds like they are both doing their best but are not enjoying it at all.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Was worth a try
Well you never know unless you ask. I actually acquired Frankie as a private rehome on here when he was only 20 weeks old.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

I stand by what I say, and yes I have been in a position where I left everything behind, so dont judge me, you dont know me!!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »