Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
You will not get flea bites on your legs because you will presumably have taken your socks off as soon as you see if and where there are fleas.
Better get long socks then, the little blighters can jump up to 10 inches high.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Our vet prescribed Comfortis a chewable tablet because we couldn't get anywhere near Pepsi with the spot on treatments.
She takes this with no problems and it certainly seems to work .
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Better get long socks then, the little blighters can jump up to 10 inches high.
I am sorry - I should have said long white socks, only I thought it was obvious. I apologise for my error.
paperwrist
New Member!
Female 

07-10-2013, 11:48 AM
I can't remember the name which is deeply unhelpful I know but I use a 3 month prescription flea and tick collar which has really done the trick for me and Winston, also all the people at the vets use it for their dogs too and swear by it ..... I think it starts with S, might be worth asking your vet!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Would that be the Seresto collar?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 01:05 PM
If there are THAT many fleas in her home, she'd have already been bitten by them. And like Apache said, they'd itch a lot so she'd know they were there. I don't think her home is highly infested yet.

I just think her pet is! In highly infested areas such as mine, Frontline is said to not work well. I tried Bayer Advantage and it worked pretty well, but costs too much, so nope!

They say Revolution works, too... but you can only get it at the vets. I'd steer clear of Comfortis... I've heard many bad things about it.

Our dogs wear flea collars, as well as getting brewer's yeast and garlic tablets (they make these especially for dogs). No fleas or ticks. It helps with Jade's awful shedding, too.

BTW, I don't think keeping the dog in the utility room will matter much. Fleas can get underneath doors anyway and when she comes out to potty etc, there that goes. Good luck!
paperwrist
New Member!
Female 

07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
thats the one Malka thank you
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
The Seresto collar is supposed to last for eight months. Unfortunately it is contra-indicated for my dog but Frontline Plus works fine where I live so I will stick to the regular monthly application of it for her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:05 PM
mjfromga, You say you have heard many bad things about Comfortis. I have only heard good We have been using it for about 2 years now. No ill effects for Pepsi and no fleas either.
I wonder if location has anything to do with this?!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
mjfromga, You say you have heard many bad things about Comfortis. I have only heard good We have been using it for about 2 years now. No ill effects for Pepsi and no fleas either.
I wonder if location has anything to do with this?!
Ahh, maybe so. I guess it might have been wrong to tell someone to avoid it, having no experience with it myself... as well. In any case, we all just hope she finds her own solution to solve her pets flea problems, right?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >