Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Morning Looney Toons!!
Just had a quick run through,rushing out to take her lady ship to the groomers for a pamper
oh would so love to have seen the butterflies, sounds lovely.Next month it'll be the wasps
Catch ya later xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 08:18 AM

Did anyone else get the thunder storm last evening? We had a humm dinger. The rain was bouncing off the car, which is parked outside my bedroom window, sounded like a machine gun. Did the garden good though
Today is all hot and sticky again though and I have just had to take off my trousers and tee and put on a vest and skirt.
Helena have you thought of doing the butterfly count. I have done it for a couple of years now.
http://www.bigbutterflycount.org/

Hope you all have a good day , back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Black clouds gone sun out and warming up to a temperature I did think we might miss with the small thunderstorm and small amount of rain we had.

Going to put the washing back out to air and the whites which need to dry out.

Bev I wouldn't last 5 minutes doing what you do now use to do it when the boys were small but have been very spoilt over the years.
I really do marvel at how you cope.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Lynn - Thunder? Oh send it here please!

Jenny - Yes, he does feel the heat. I think he misses the stream (it's dry) and doesn't seem interested in the paddling pool. I do chase him with the hose or water pistols sometimes, and he seems to enjoy that. I've left a fan on him too.

Helena - wow, how lovely. We went to Butterfly World a while back and it was lovely to see all those butterflies. Exotic ones too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 08:46 AM
It didn't do much good Linda.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Another lovely day here I know everyone seems to hate it, but loving the sun, because we have so many many months without seeing it properly, so I am making the most of it.
Not sure about all dog breeds, but mine have a double coat which acts as an insulator which can either keep them cool or keep them warm, depending on the weather. Mine will quite happily swim in an icy river and lie out in the snow.
I do keep the umbrella up and I do make sure they have plenty of shade in this heat, but I have often found Cariad lying in full sun probably because her coat keeps her insulated, she does move into the shade eventually though.
When we are on the river she alternates between lying on the foreshore or paddling, very occasionally she will go into the bushes in the shade, but not seen her do that at all this year and it the hottest it has been so far.
I am going to see if we can get on the river today without any uninvited guests. Would have taken all 4 with me, but just going to go with Cariad and Lona to suss out whether this woman and dog are permanent fixtures. I am really hoping that she will have been put off by the initial look of where she was because it is full of stuff that has been washed to the side and doesn't look good, I find it handy to use to climb over to get to the good bits though a bit like life, you have to wade through a lot of cr@p in order to get to that nice area you are striving for!!!
Helena, why don't you sell them the van that they want to buy off you if they are offering you what you paid for it 4 years ago, you have made profit on it and can use the money to go and buy another newer model, I think that is the opportunity of a lifetime. Even if they decide to let it I very much doubt it will be to your standards, and you will have another newer van that IS to your standards.
Thinking of poor Gordon travelling to London in this heat, rarely travelled across London, the only one I have used is the Northern Line to get to Waterloo from Euston, and that was evening and it was pretty busy then, so no idea what rush hour would be like. Is it Wednesday when you get word of the mortgage from the couple who are buying your house, then you will be really motoring and fingers crossed you can put an offer in on the little cottage you liked.
Glad to hear the boys are completely back to normal after the scare they gave us all Jenny.Have a lovely day, and well done for your fortitude in appearing so interested in the vid shot from the OH's car, dedication indeed!!!
Malka, will there be any hope of your access being sorted out today do you think, they must be totally thick or very very uncaring to leave you the way they are doing, no wonder Pereg barks at them.
Bev have a good day, are there no blinds in this glass building, thank goodness you don't have to work there every day!!!!
Well got a few phone calls to make - as ever - and will be back later
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Morning all,

Malka, looks like you are in for a disturbed day, hope these roadworks stop soon.

Helena, sounds like Zena enjoyed her bath, it's great when they smell nice.

Lynn, I don't envy Gordon in this heat. It's lovely here but I can imagine it being oppressive down the road.

Well today is unpacking the remainder of my stuff, then relaxing with the books. The boys have all been fed, I'm having my breakfast just now then getting going. Not planning on going anywhere, that may change though.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 10:05 AM
was having a chat with the groomer.She had a rescue dog in there, apparently had been reported as neglected and was removed from owners. OMG,you should have seen the state of it, all matted, filthy, couldn't even see his eyes!! His hair was so long,can only imagine this heat must have been unbearable Probably won' t get to see him finished cause she reckons it'll take most of the day to get him sorted. Poor wee guy was wagging his tail at Lacey.... Only part you could really make out. I'm not a violent person but the thoughts that went through my head for the people responsible weren't pleasant Feel sick.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 10:50 AM
What an awful sight to have had to witness there Eileen, it would haunt me for days/weeks/months even seeing that poor fella like that Just think though, by the end of today, he'll be rid of all that matted up fur, been given some good food and he'll be taken somewhere cool, you've always gotta look on the bright side when you see something like that, at least this guy got his happy ending.

Bev, switch on the air con when you get in that building!

June, Oh that did make me laugh, I can picture you now delicately making your way over all that rubbish and rocks to get to YOUR rock no doubt If this other woman is going to be a regular I dread to think what might happen if she's planning a big coup on your rock there Have you claimed ownership of it yet,maybe find a crack in it to stick a bit of wood claiming you own it huh? I expect everyone's looking for a bit of water to take their dogs to in this heat, let's hope like you say, she decided against it and didn't venture any further. Maybe put a gate up with a big keep out sign on it?? Yes, I might consider getting rid of this small van, it's done its job for me, it was always only ever going to be a 5 year project to get what I wanted from my investment, but I don't think I would get another one just yet. It's such a worry with 2 plot rents, that's £8K I've got to find every October and then hope to God I reap that back the following year before thinking about profit. I shall have a play around with my figures, cos two does look so much better than the one, so you could be right there.

Flaming hot out there now, no sign of a cloud let alone any rain darn sarf Might get the curtains washed they'll be dry in 5 mins in this heat, and it'll be nice to have a freshen up after all that building work that was going on over the past year, we never did take any curtains down.

Lorraine, glad you had a great week even though it was probably very hot even up there, but at least you were out in the open.

I'm staying indoors now, got the air con going, doors open (yes, I know that's not the way to do it, but we like it like that lol!) and I've got a lovely bit of fish for lunch, fresh out of the sea from down on the seafront, and I've already made the mash and got some lovely fresh bread to go with it, can't beat it, I think I could live on fish, but it has to be dover sole (the most expensive of course!!!! )

Please tell me it's heaving down and cooling down where you are and that it's on it's way to me, cos I really don't like all this, especially for so long
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Too right Helena, someone will love that little guy, bright side is the way to go
Was gonna do loads but then thought...sod that,I'm off outside to sunbathe,little bit of me time!!
Hope everyone is having a good day
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »