View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Mini - I have a complex about being without light even though I can feel my way through my bungalow when it is pitch dark when Pereg needs to go out at night, and luckily have no stairs to navigate, but of course you were not in your own home so it must have been extremely difficult for you without a torch.

I have far too many emergency lights and torches but they mainly come into their own during power cuts in the winter when it gets dark so early as I hate sitting in the dark.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Afternoon everyone

Had a fab beach walk, got Zena in deep for a swim, and she thoroughly enjoyed herself down there and hasn't panted once since we got home after her hosing down. Hopefully we're now in for a nice, quiet, relaxing day.

Roast lamb in the oven (sorry Jen!) I must be mad! Dave has finished rubbing down and filling the front ballistrades ready for next week-end when the underneath part gets repaired and rendered, then the neighbour's sil will paint it all, so I don't have to do it - perfick

I decided to clean all the wrought iron down the front steps and they've come up really shiny and black, so all in all, it's going to look all lovely now.

Just had a shower cos it's so darn hot I got very hot and sweaty doing that. It's much hotter than yesterday and I think we reached almost 30 yesterday but today they said 32 Lovely and cool indoors though but it won't be this afternoon when the sun moves around to the front but we have that blind that comes right over the balcony which helps.

Hope you're all staying cool, maybe you've headed for the beach somewhere with the doglets, so enjoy and stay cool and safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Afternoon Helena and everyone my coloured washing is out and the whites are now in.
We are sitting here trawling the internet looking for properties we do still have some on hold but are casting our net to Northampton as well.
nothing floating my boat as yet we need something like the Wiggenhall property but without neighbours having access across the top of your back garden to use the front. If it wasn't for that I think we would of made an offer.

Malka hope Pereg got on ok at the vet.
Jenny I hope you aren't too worn out after cooking for everyone again today.

Your day sounds like another busy one Helena.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2013, 01:38 PM
We are home [had to feed Da Booga and then update my thread about her before coming back on here] then realised that the coffee I had made when I got up was still sitting in the kitchen...

Anyhow, all is well B"H and her levels have gone down to normal. PHEW. Ram was absolutely delighted with her health, plus the fact that even though she is eating extremely well [apart from last Saturday - not yesterday but the 13th when she did not want any food at all], her weight has gone down even more.

She was down to 16.6kg on her last official 6-monthly weigh-in on 28 April and is now 16.1kg and he says she is far from underweight, being absolutely perfect. He reckons that the majority of dogs he sees are overweight, at which point I was very glad that I was wearing a loose smock top so he could not see my fat belly!

I have said before that he does not charge a consultation fee, just charges for tests and treatment, and today's full blood work-up cost me just £47.75 which I certainly cannot complain about.

Right. My stomach is complaining that it is empty so I had better go and make my salad. I am just so very relieved and happy at my beloved Pereg's blood test results!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Good news Malka.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh my word is it hot or is it hot?

Lovely lunch, even if I do say so myself The lemon meringue pies with no peaks were delicious
They have all gone to the beach now and I am in the sitting room with the fan going about to have a nanny nap
31deg here now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Had a right performance off Keshi on the river. I had let her run loose as we got near the banking and Mabs followed her, got down the banking and there was only Mabs looking anxiously down river, and there in the distance I could see a dark blob running along the MIDDLE of the river in pursuit of a poor duck that obviously couldn't fly properly so it was skimming the water, keeping ahead of her, she was in her Norty element, and not giving a damn whether she was being called or not. Mabs had somehow managed to get her back pack off, so retrieved that and got that on and then she set off after Keshi and got to her and then Keshi followed her back, I think Keshi may have got a bit lost to be honest, because she did come back fairly quickly then. Believe it or not the damn duck only came back for more so this time they both shot off upriver after it, trudged after them, picking up the backpack from the middle of the river again. I was a bit worried because the middle of the waterfall is now missing (as you will see from the piccies) and they could have ended up miles away, however got to the waterfall and they were on their way back to me once more. Well I had no sooner met up with them than that flaming duck appeared once more, luckily I was (for the first time) on top of the situation and they both obeyed leave and the duck went on its way
I have never met or seen a duck that did that, usually they fly off if any of the dogs go near them, I am sure it couldn't fly but at the same time, unless there were several of them all with suicidal tendencies (and hot weather can get you like that I suppose) it did keep coming back!!!
Right, here is what it looked like before the EA started

and here is what it is like now, so you can see the difference already.

Here's the timbers that they've taken out of it already

Am wondering if this is going to be my New Viewing Station

Took Cariad and Lona on after that and that was totally uneventful and we played in the water for ages, I haven't half caught the sun. Just had a lovely cool shower, and washed my hair after cleaning the yard and kennels.
Will mop kitchen floor and then got a book, drink and some bits and pieces to eat and will sit outside.
I think the weather's beginning to turn actually, how very dare it definitely not as nice as when I was out a couple of hours ago
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Kamikaze duck June.

Glad they eventually obeyed and you all had a nice time in the river.
Dillon panicked yesterday he likes to do his business in the long grass when on the field so off he went and I decided to just walk a few paces up the field and wait up pops his head looking for me and can't see me he is looking to the path I would usually be walking along. He trots towards that path and then I decide to call him and he looks up and comes hurfing towards me with a look of relief on his face.

I think you deserve the rest Jenny after your valiant efforts in this heat.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Evening Malka and fellow members,

Very late on parade today as my laptop has died. OH is going to have a look at it later but I've logged in with his laptop.

Fantastic photos of the girls June and the vista has certainly changed of the waterfall What a mission Keshi must have been on after that daft duck

Neither of my dogs have been out for a walk - I'll take Rucksack much much later when it cools down a little. Still unbearably hot and Heathrow (our nearest weather station) recorded the hottest UK weather yesterday (31.4) and I wouldn't be surprised if its done it again today .... airless.

Flash had the most awful upset tum during the night and then sickness as well today. I'm almost 100% sure what has caused it. When I took him out yesterday he grabbed a few juvenile cherries which had come off a tree up the road. I managed to pull two out of his mouth but assume he ingested some and of course if he crunched any of the pips they are toxic He's kept no food down so have given up with that and he's not drinking so I'm syringing water in to his mouth every half hour or so. He's certainly picked up and I know I've stopped him getting dehydrated but I seriously think I'm going to have to muzzle him when out walking as this is the second time in two weeks or so that he has eaten something he shouldn't have

I hope you have all managed to keep cool today and all of you and your lovely dogs are fine. I'll only be getting on here when I can use my OH's laptop, get mine fixed or buy a new one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Poor flash jenny. Dillon eats the juvenile damsons pips and all and found some juvenile cherries too the other day which he munched luckily no repercussions from him.

I swear its getting hotter there was a breeze earlier not much use as it was so light and warm but now it has gone and the air is getting thicker. Wonder if we might get a storm.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >