Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Hope you and Pereg have a restful day Malka x
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Pereg has had a other seizure, it must have been a nightmare.

Hope she has settled today & you both have a peaceful night.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Oh Malka I am so sorry for you and poor Pereg. I do hope she will settle again. Maybe an upping of her medication is on the cards. I do hope you get some rest and get it sorted. Do take care.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. (((hugs))) to you and Pereg.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Oh no, poor Pereg and you, it must be horrible to feel unable to do anything to help her.

I have everything crossed that she wont have another seizure. It sounds like you both need a good rest.
Thank you Gerry. Pereg has been dozing on and off all day so at least one of us is getting some rest!

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
And exhaustion unfortunately too Malka You must be shattered.
I am too old to cope without proper sleep and I am just about running on empty - I think I am in automatic mode right now.

Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry, Malka
Poor Pereg (and you!)

Hope things are better for you both today x x
Thank you Erin.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
So sorry for Pereg & you Malka. It must be so frightening for you when she is having a GM. It would be bad enough if you were able bodied & could help her but with not being ((( Hugs))) to you both.
Thanks for the hugs Lynne. That was the main problem - my chair has half arms so I can get up close to the table, so I have to reverse quite a way before I can get out of it. Once I was on the floor and could get to her I did not feel so helpless. I was so afraid of running over one of her front legs though.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this Malka, it must have been just awful, and so soon after the last one. Have you been in contact with your vet at all? Do you think you might have to review the meds?
No Linda, I thought about telephoning Ram but decided not to bother him. I mean there is nothing he can do at the moment and I do not call him each time Pereg has a GM. Just put it in the seizure diary and take a print-out when I take her for her check-ups. I will only call him if she starts clustering badly again or it is an emergency situation.

Like an idiot I forgot to note down when we increased her Pb but it was only by 45mg/day [from 50mg TID to 65mg TID] and her levels last time were well within limits so there is plenty of scope to increase it again if absolutely necessary. There is no way either of us will consider adding Kbr because of the possible side effects [she does not have any side effects on Pb], and he does not believe that any of the other AEDs will be of any help. They may be widely used, especially in the US and Canada but they have never been tested on dogs as they are human AEDs, and I do not intend to be one of those epi owners who add more and more different drugs in the hope something will work.

Pereg is perfectly normal the rest of the time and I do not want her to turn into a drug-induced zombie - who would probably still have seizures.

It was just particularly bad because of trying to calm her during the Psychomotor seizure then this particularly bad GM - especially as she was in wedged into such a small and potentially dangerous space. And her post-ictal behaviour was just plain horrid.

Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Hope you and Pereg have a restful day Malka x
Thank you Maureen.

Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that Pereg has had a other seizure, it must have been a nightmare.

Hope she has settled today & you both have a peaceful night.
Thank you Yvonne - it was definitely a waking nightmare.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Oh Malka I am so sorry for you and poor Pereg. I do hope she will settle again. Maybe an upping of her medication is on the cards. I do hope you get some rest and get it sorted. Do take care.
Thank you Moyra.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I am so sorry to hear this. (((hugs))) to you and Pereg.
Thank you jenny.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Checking in as soon as I can to see if everything is still Ok or if she has had another one, sounds like for the moment all is quiet and I hope you get some sort of rest because you are, like you say, running on empty at present.
Every time this happens I say I hope it is the last for a very long time and then it happens again, I don't know what comfort to offer you apart from lots of hugs from us all ((((((((XXXX)))))))))
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear about Pereg's seizures. Hope you're both feeling a bit better today.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Just read this! You really are going through it Malka and I am so sorry that we are all so far away and can't help you. I hope you had a peaceful day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Checking in as soon as I can to see if everything is still Ok or if she has had another one, sounds like for the moment all is quiet and I hope you get some sort of rest because you are, like you say, running on empty at present.
Every time this happens I say I hope it is the last for a very long time and then it happens again, I don't know what comfort to offer you apart from lots of hugs from us all ((((((((XXXX)))))))))
Thanks June - Pereg has been her normal self today but then she was acting perfectly normal yesterday until she started skittering about and I thought a fly had come through the open door as she always chases after them if they get in, but it was the psychomotor seizure and it just got more and more frightening. Then when she went down in just about the worst place to have a GM I was so scared she would hurt herself.

But - no point in wondering why or when it will happen again - because worrying and wondering will not make it stop, will it.

Originally Posted by Pysces View Post
Sorry to hear about Pereg's seizures. Hope you're both feeling a bit better today.
Thank you Emma.

Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Just read this! You really are going through it Malka and I am so sorry that we are all so far away and can't help you. I hope you had a peaceful day.
It would not really help though if I was not so far away, would it Pam. We just have to accept that our dogs are epis and cope, and enjoy them when they are sz-free.

Fingers cross that there will not be another one so quickly.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
It would not really help though if I was not so far away, would it Pam. We just have to accept that our dogs are epis and cope, and enjoy them when they are sz-free.

Fingers cross that there will not be another one so quickly.
Only that you might be able to get some rest if there was someone there to help.

Absolutely!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >