View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning all. Much cooler & overcast here today.
Good luck with the TV Helena. Don't blow yourself up.
Sorry you had a bad night with Dillon Lynn. Enjoy the zzzz's if you get chance of some.
Slow down Bev. You'll be Ill before the wedding at this rate.
Ive been hobbling round like an old woman this last two days. Got sciatica in my right leg & my left knee is playing up as well. It's bdooly painful. I'm sat here with a heat pad on my bottom at the moment. It did ease a bit when I took Taff out but it comes back after a sit down. Never mind it will go eventually & other people are worse off than me.
Not much planned apart from the dreaded ironing.
Hope everybody else is going to have a good day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Bev, try and slow down a bit as Pat says, you do far too much far too quickly imo, and I didn't realise inbetween all this you've been organising a wedding in 3 weeks Jeesus you really are superwoman you knock spots off me!!
Yes H charly and Ash wedding in 3 weeks and I hope to be moving 2 weeks after that.
Got to do the packing and move myself now as Charly and Ash won't be in Essex to help.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Morning.
A quick hello before I go shopping, see you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Bev I had no idea the wedding was so soon!
More work at royal ascot for me today. I'm so tired, is it normal for your back to ache after a day on your feet? Haha
Morning E. Ascot sounds fun but very hard work.
Everyone's putting me to shame with their busy lives.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Bev, Pat, Emma and all

Just had a lovely long walk around the woods, and only met a young lad with a staff, but he was fine he ignored us (the dog, not the man) and that's fine by me! Zena got slower and slower, didn't trot on up ahead at the end of the walk, so I'm still a bit concerned about her, but then it is hot and we'd almost done an hour. She was happy to go in her pool with the ball and have a splash about on our return and seems fine now.

Got wired keyboard on the go this morning, and there I was all ready and waiting at 6 am but nobody was in here. Typical, when yesterday it was my turn and I couldn't blooming type!

Bev, try and slow down a bit as Pat says, you do far too much far too quickly imo, and I didn't realise inbetween all this you've been organising a wedding in 3 weeks Jeesus you really are superwoman you knock spots off me!!

Lynn, sorry you've had a restless night on the sofa, and Zena was the same, she didn't want to come in last night, I had to let her out last thing with the collar and lead on so I could drag her in! I couldn't possibly leave her out there with that nasty badger visiting, let alone the fox. Talking of which, I got some great shots of the fox on the lawn yesterday, and it had the darn cheek to have a wee on my grass It looks about 9 months old which would be about right, but looks very thin

TV for me today, I've googled how to fit that base by watching a video but I kind of guessed that. What I don't know is, because we have this freesat box sat up there and a dish I don't quite know which option I'm gonna choose on the menu when I first turn it on to tune itself in, but I guess it'd be the "satellite" and not the "digital"? Or maybe it is the digital? Heeeeeeelp please Barry if you dare venture in again today!!!

Got to go to B&Q first to get a small ornamental tree for that pot by the front door up there cos being empty, it doesn't look too inviting! Will get a broom too whilst I'm up there cos since Dave last used mine it's gone awol.

Rang the vet yesterday and he said by all means put Zena back onto one metronidazole a day if the half isn't working, so today I will do that.

June, waiting for those glorious pics down by the river when you've managed to upload them

Jenny, so glad you're pleased with the new hairdo, but as for losing a stone in 2 weeks, what about a water diet??? Soup might be good. Dave has lost 4 stone since Christmas, cos during the week, all he eats is soup, ryevita and a banana and porridge each day, and then I stuff him with good food over the week-end, but he's still losing it rapidly.

Sorry, can't remember anymore, but it's so nice to be able to type again, and at least I know it's not the puter playing up, just the keyboard, which is now in the bin

Catch you all lunchtime when I'm half done (in!)
Morning Helena. Glad the keyboard is fixed.
I think if the vet agrees with going back to the larger amount of medication for Zena is ok then do it as yo know her best as we all do our own dogs.
Dillon is quite lethargic on walks at the moment too he does have a run around then wants to plod and get home.
I think even if the sun isn't out and we feel cooler they don't with their heavy coats. Although today not much sun but it is very muggy here.
Can't help you with the tele or whether its the digital whatchamacallit. Hope you find someone to help and get it set up.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. Much cooler & overcast here today.
Good luck with the TV Helena. Don't blow yourself up.
Sorry you had a bad night with Dillon Lynn. Enjoy the zzzz's if you get chance of some.
Slow down Bev. You'll be Ill before the wedding at this rate.
Ive been hobbling round like an old woman this last two days. Got sciatica in my right leg & my left knee is playing up as well. It's bdooly painful. I'm sat here with a heat pad on my bottom at the moment. It did ease a bit when I took Taff out but it comes back after a sit down. Never mind it will go eventually & other people are worse off than me.
Not much planned apart from the dreaded ironing.
Hope everybody else is going to have a good day.
Morning Lynne sorry to hear about the sciatica. Good job its cooled a down if you need a heat pad on your bottie.
Hope it eases soon.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Yes H charly and Ash wedding in 3 weeks and I hope to be moving 2 weeks after that.
Got to do the packing and move myself now as Charly and Ash won't be in Essex to help.
Oh no Bev might one of your sons be able to help ?

Back from a walk with Dillon we had the whole field to ourselves. He decided even though it is very muggy to have a charge around and a couple of the charges right at me.
The we had a stroll up the lane to his favourite puddle then home and a good brush as he will charge through the long grass and comes out covered in seeds. I am always having to stop him and clear his eyes and ears. Good training for sit and wait though.
Now sat here knowing I need to get some work done trying to muster the energy up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Morning everyone, Have been reading back yesterdays thread as well as this mornings. It is bound to rain today because I have put the washing machine on. Still might be able to hang the washing under the gazebo if it does rain.

Lynn Sorry you didn't have a good night, sounds as though Dillon did though.

Helena Mind how you go with that tv today. Glad you sorted a keyboard out so you could get back on here.

Bev Where on earth do you get your energy ? you'll be worn to a frazzle if you are not careful. If you get stuck for a dog sitter and walker for Lily you can always drop her over to me for the day. Hopefully when walking her and Amber they wont both pull on the same arm as my right one is used for my crutch. But the garden is big enough and secure enough for them both to play out in. I am about 3 miles north west of Sadlers Farm roundabout that's if you seriously contemplate dropping her over for the day. If Steve is home he may walk Amber while I walk Lily.

Have a lovely day everyone thinking about that I have completely forgotten everything else. Got a brain like a sieve these days. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning fellow members just got back from shopping and still have to put it away, not a task I enjoy.
It is dull but dry at the here with an air of impending storms , of course the moment I set foot out of the door with Chloe for her early walk it poured down .

I have lots of sewing to do today, it looks like being too wet to do anything in the garden.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning

Oh dear Lynn - Loki likes to lie outside at night when it's hot too. I hope you manage to get some sleep today to make up for last night.

Bev - what a busy time you are having! Good luck with finding that dress.

Tangutica - only 51! Far too young.

Helena - Dave has done really well! I could do with losing half a stone but I'm struggling. I think it's because I'm eating too much and not exercising enough .

Jenny - glad the haircut went well!!!

Taffsmum - aw sorry you're hobbling and I hope it eases soon.

Another sticky walk here and silly Loki really wanted to play fetch! It's clouding over now. I wouldn't mind a bit of rain today. I was thinking of taking Michael swimming but my tummy isn't too good today so I'll see.

Carys got two new badges at Beavers last night. Aw, she came skipping in to me, all proud to show me. I have the 'pleasure' of sewing them onto her uniform now and I am really not good at sewing.

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning.
A quick hello before I go shopping, see you all later.
Morning Jenny. Enjoy the shopping.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Morning everyone, Have been reading back yesterdays thread as well as this mornings. It is bound to rain today because I have put the washing machine on. Still might be able to hang the washing under the gazebo if it does rain.

Lynn Sorry you didn't have a good night, sounds as though Dillon did though.

Helena Mind how you go with that tv today. Glad you sorted a keyboard out so you could get back on here.

Bev Where on earth do you get your energy ? you'll be worn to a frazzle if you are not careful. If you get stuck for a dog sitter and walker for Lily you can always drop her over to me for the day. Hopefully when walking her and Amber they wont both pull on the same arm as my right one is used for my crutch. But the garden is big enough and secure enough for them both to play out in. I am about 3 miles north west of Sadlers Farm roundabout that's if you seriously contemplate dropping her over for the day. If Steve is home he may walk Amber while I walk Lily.

Have a lovely day everyone thinking about that I have completely forgotten everything else. Got a brain like a sieve these days. God bless.
Morning Moyra I hope the rain holds off for you.
Sounds like you and me are in the same club. (Missing brains).

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members just got back from shopping and still have to put it away, not a task I enjoy.
It is dull but dry at the here with an air of impending storms , of course the moment I set foot out of the door with Chloe for her early walk it poured down .

I have lots of sewing to do today, it looks like being too wet to do anything in the garden.

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning Mini. Sorry you have rain at least you won't have to water the garden today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2013, 09:49 AM

Late on parade and late doing just about everything today. Buzzed over the road to get some f&v and nearly fried on the way there and back - in fact I think my brains must have friend down to just a few scorched cells now as when I came back I realised I had forgotten to get a white cabbage and some bananas, which means going back again. Avner will open up again at 4pm until 7 or 7.30pm so I will leave it as late as I can in the hope that it will be a bit cooler by then.

Time for coffee and ketchup now as I just had a quick look when I surfaced and this thread has grown quite a bit since then! So I hope all is well with everyone here, and that some of our sun finds its way to you all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Can't they (or at least Charly) help you do some of it now in advance? I packed my stuff up months before moving and just kept out what I really needed. It's surprising how much stuff you can put away without missing it.

Are you having to do a lot re the wedding? Doesn't seem fair if you are as it was their decision to get married so quickly without warning.

My eldest son got married with 3 weeks' notice. Rush job as he'd taken a job in Cayman Is. and his partner wouldn't have been able to accompany him with full medical and other rights if they were not married.

I lived in UK then but didn't have to do a thing and nor did his partner or his partner's parents (they were in Poland) and he didn't take any time off.

He booked flights for the inlaws, bought his partner a lovely dress, booked the register office, a local restaurant, a boat trip from Caversham and a nice Caversham hotel for reception drinks afterwards - even booked me a room there! Then sent out email invites to their best mates and immediate family. (Hilarious he emld everyone to say he was off to G. Cayman for 3 yrs and added 'oh yeah and I'm getting married on Saturday if you want to come along' and put the details of the venue!

It was one of the BEST weddings I've ever attended. It was a lovely day - everyone enjoyed it. I think he said the whole day only cost him about £5K including hiring the riverboat for exclusive use.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »