Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Have you ever heard the expression "Do not teach your Grandmother how to suck eggs"?

You have only just joined this forum and every one of your posts has been condescending and/or sneering as if nobody on Dogsey knows anything about canine nutrition.

Well the majority of us do. And being rude to long-time members will not gain you any brownie points.
Well lady, if I'm new, doesnt mean im not experienced enough to teach grandmothers Your attitude towards my post and thing that you cannot prove your opinion is really sad. If you would prove me why feeding dogs by crap are healthy and good for them I would start to believe you
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
Well lady, if I'm new, doesnt mean im not experienced enough to teach grandmothers Your attitude towards my post and thing that you cannot prove your opinion is really sad. If you would prove me why feeding dogs by crap are healthy and good for them I would start to believe you
I have asked you if you are a canine nutritionist. You have not replied.

Perhaps English is not your first language?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I asked what you feed your dog and you have not replied.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I have asked you if you are a canine nutritionist. You have not replied.

Perhaps English is not your first language?
I have made a lots of research about dog foods and their nutrition. I'm vet assistant (nurse) but going for higher qualification.
Sorry for my writing, but English is not my first language.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I asked what you feed your dog and you have not replied.
I feed my Akita Nutrivet, before we tried Orijen. The most important thing is meat content in food.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I have made a lots of research about dog foods and their nutrition. I'm vet assistant (nurse) but going for higher qualification.
Sorry for my writing, but English is not my first language.
So you are not a canine nutritionist.

I thought not.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 09:06 PM
So you are not a canine nutritionist.

I thought not.
I dont have to be a nutritionist to know lots of information about different brands and nutrition values of them. That was 2 years of research so I feel myself right at this point
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I have been TOLD by my vet to feed chappie
She said its either that or prescription food but she said chappies just as good

Not all dogs do well on high meat/ nutrition foods
Marley needs bland as possible
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
I have been TOLD by my vet to feed chappie
She said its either that or prescription food but she said chappies just as good

Not all dogs do well on high meat/ nutrition foods
Marley needs bland as possible
Since when bland means " Feed your dog Chappie?" I just ask you one thing. Please go and read label and nutritional information about Chappie. There's a bunch of preservatives, artificial colourings, taste exchangers and nothing usesefull at all. If you need something that suit your dog well you can always have way better alternatives.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 06:44 AM
I dont have to be a nutritionist to know lots of information about different brands and nutrition values of them. That was 2 years of research so I feel myself right at this point
Many people on here know a lot about different brands and nutrition values, but that is only part of it. You need to learn that just because it looks good on paper it doesn't mean it suits all dogs.
Most people strive to feed what looks best nutritionally for their dogs, but unfortunately sometimes it just doesn't work in practice.
Knowing about dogs nutrition is not just a case of finding a food with a high meat content and saying feed that. There is a great deal more to add to the mix.
Every dog is different and different dogs need different things.

As you work at a vets I would take a look at the ingredients in a lot of these prescription diets, their ingredients are actually rubbish, with usually the main ingredient being cereal based (which is no good if the dog is wheat/gluten intolerant) and the other main ingredient is usually animal fat which has shown can cause bloat in deep chested breeds when it is at the top of the list for ingredients. They are also extortionately priced for the low quality ingredients they contain, wheras something like Chappie if the dog is not intolerant to those ingredients works just as well at a fraction of the price.

There are also breeds which shouldn't have high protein diets e.g retired greyhounds. Ideally they should be fed a food with 20% protein or less.

So you see I think before you go round putting people down if they don't feed their dog what you deem to be the best on paper, take a look at that individual dog/breed/health problems, which i think before you can give advice you need to look at.
Working at a vets does not make you an expert on nutrition and most vets if honest will tell you they know nothing really about it unless they have gone on and done a seperate course in canine and feline nutrition, they just sell foods that the practice stocks.

If your attitude with clients is like it has been on here I feel sorry and actually worried for clients you are advising feeding for.
You have a lot to learn.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >