Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 07:03 AM

Piddling down here
I'm going to the dentist in a while then taking Paul for more scans.
Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn, Pat, Helena and fellow members,

We've got the sun - at the moment anyway - which makes a change 'cos we didn't see a glimmer yesterday I too was up early but did manage to be in bed before midnight for a change which is good. Not sure what is in store for me today but a joiner is due here to replace two sections of barge-boards which are rotten and the painters too.

Lynn - I hope you have a more relaxing day today after you 'stressathon' yesterday ((hugs)).
Pat - Core, what a cheek those people helping themselves to a sunbed and dragging it away from the pool Have a good day .... has Bella still commandeered you day bed?
Helena - A busy day for you and Dave today. I think this afternoon looks like wall-to-wall sunshine for all of us down south. Good luck sorting the van garden and hopefully you and Dave will have a laugh doing it.

I hope any poorly people or dogs are on the mend.
See you all later.
Morning jenny pass the sun along please. Especially Dave and Helena's way they need it then rain tonight for the turf when its down.
Another busy day of you having workmen coming and going I bet you will be glad when its all finished.
Hope you have a stress free day too.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. Would you believe it's us that have the sun. Well up to now anyway. By the time I'm ready to go out it'll probably be raining
Have a good weekend with Dave Helena. Hope you get everything done at the van.
Enjoy your stress free day Lynn.
Glad lily has remembered she still has 4 legs this morning Enjoy your fencing - rather you than me!
I think I would be getting fed up of those painters & other workmen hanging around by now jenny. Bet it's costing you a fortune in tea, coffee & cake
Not much planned here. Just shopping & then upstairs needs doing.
Take care all of you.
Morning Lynne. I hope you keep the sun but only if we can have some please. it is trying to get out here.
Good luck with the shopping. I should do upstairs today too but not sure if I will.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Piddling down here
I'm going to the dentist in a while then taking Paul for more scans.
Hope you all have a good day.
Morning Jenny. Sorry you have rain.
Good luck at the dentist and with Paul's scans.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning all

It is cold and dreary here, don't worry about wishing summer away Lynn, I think we had it last couple of weeks!

I managed to get the caravan home in one piece, met a transit van almost where I met the tractor and got stuck on the mud, harder to get going uphill, rolled back a few feet and all was well. I need to book it in to have the other side done later this year.

It was gone over with a damp metre and pronounced a lovely sound van although it's 13 years old now. It is in better shape than the super swish van it was parked next to, that was only 16 months old!

The chap who worked on it got talking dogs as he has a Saluki. Just got to get the gate back on, I must have been full of adrenalin as I couldn't even pick it up last night!

I am working this afternoon and the rest of the weekend, should be quieter if this weather keeps up. It's a shame because there is a fundraising event on and a Food Festival.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning all

It is cold and dreary here, don't worry about wishing summer away Lynn, I think we had it last couple of weeks!

I managed to get the caravan home in one piece, met a transit van almost where I met the tractor and got stuck on the mud, harder to get going uphill, rolled back a few feet and all was well. I need to book it in to have the other side done later this year.

It was gone over with a damp metre and pronounced a lovely sound van although it's 13 years old now. It is in better shape than the super swish van it was parked next to, that was only 16 months old!

The chap who worked on it got talking dogs as he has a Saluki. Just got to get the gate back on, I must have been full of adrenalin as I couldn't even pick it up last night!

I am working this afternoon and the rest of the weekend, should be quieter if this weather keeps up. It's a shame because there is a fundraising event on and a Food Festival.

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri. That was good news about the van.
I bet your heart stopped for a minute when yo got stuck and started slowly rolling back.
Good luck with the gate.
I was thinking maybe we will get a late summer. That would be nice.
Don't work too hard and I hope the weather picks up for the food festival but then that means you will be extra busy so maybe not such a good idea.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Pat sounds like you are in for 3 months of annoying people, don't envy you that.
Am used to it by now madmare. Mixed feelings about it - obviously you want people who are having their annual holiday to have a good time. I just wonder if some of them 'carry on like that' at home? Downstairs door (one nearest my car) is also jammed shut now - that's a regular for the summer too. Stupid owners don't give them enough keys for it and every year some idiot tries to jam it open or force the handle when up and down to the pool. You find bits of wood jammed in it, bits of credit card or cardboard - to stop it closing properly so their kids can run up and down at will. Deep breaths Pat all will be serene by end Aug and I've got my own 'secret weapons' coming in August and GOD HELP anyone who dares to complain about them lol!

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good Morning everyone, Just cloud here. I have to give Amber her 6 monthly worming tabs and her monthly flea application she doesn't like that so I guess for the tablets it will be a small tin of pilchards. Where there's a will and if she spits them out like she did the A/Bs then it will be upsetting for both of us. Have a good day everyone. Hopefully a nice peaceful sunny one. God bless. Moyra
PS Wish me luck the car goes in for its MOT at 9.00am. Help!
I now always CRUSH the pills between two spoons. The resulting powder then stirred into the pilchard or mixed in a dob of butter - no probs. Everything crossed that your car SAILS thro' the MoT! Only have to have it done every two years here!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Not sure what is in store for me today but a joiner is due here to replace two sections of barge-boards which are rotten and the painters too.

Pat - Core, what a cheek those people helping themselves to a sunbed and dragging it away from the pool Have a good day .... has Bella still commandeered you day bed?
She must have spotted that comment on screen - she just dragged herself off it and out into the sunshine! Much cooler inside today - which is why I am dragging my heels about going out again!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Pat. What a bleep bleep. Words fail you sometimes don't they.
The dreaded holidaymakers will they be the silly English boys and girls who think its fine to get totally paralytic and think its fun to have no respect for the people who live in the country they are visiting.

Well the day starts badly before getting going. Dillon's insurance didn't go through the other day it missed some of Gorden's money going in by a day but they called for it again today and it went out so that was good news. But they charged us £20 for late payment.

Then BT took their money earlier than usual making us overdrawn again and taking my housekeeping money which I had just got back and they haven't included the free phone calls we always get. This is due to this new infinity broadband I expect the whole package has changed and confused them.

Gorden is going to ring them when he gets home and try to get the charges now incurred through them back.
I am sorry for wishing the Summer away but I will be glad when the end of September comes a regular wage and everything paid and no overdraft fees and bank charges and just knowing where we are with everything one wage one pay day. At least we have enough to eat and Dillon has food in his freezer. Oh well could be worse I suppose.
Mostly English who come over - lots of them Brit Cyps who have family still in Cyprus. Basically whatever their nationality it is those who think a POOL and ALCOHOL are a good combination that cause probs in the night times. I sometimes almost wish they'd drown their stupid selves! Ooops did I say that?

Things can always get worse but let's hope in your case they improve! I'd be wishing Sept. would hurry along too in your place right now. Had a few years of the self employed OH myself and remember never really relaxing about bills and the juggling involved. However it was me that did all the worrying and the sums. He was blissfully happy in his ignorance about it all!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Piddling down here
I'm going to the dentist in a while then taking Paul for more scans. Hope you all have a good day.
Well you've got a 'medical' style day ahead of you. Don't envy you the Dentist definitely not! Hope all goes smoothly.

I should put my clobber back on and hotfoot it down to the Port and pay these dratted commons. One of the reasons I'm putting it off is because I DO have complaints to make about the lack of regular maintenance here and with the now jammed door downstairs I have one more thing to MOAN ABOUT dagnammit. Pool lights aren't working either but I am wondering if that's a good thing as when illuminated it might seem more attractive to idiots during the night? Unless they are the sort of idiots who think it will be good fun to take a load of blimming candles down there (yes - that has happened and the pool was then covered in floating wax globules!)

I want to be bang up to date by Tuesday lunchtime. Before finance bod arrives so I can concentrate on that rubbish. I need to be quite precise about dates money will go into Cypriot account so I can TAKE IT OUT IMMEDIATELY and stuff it up the leg of my drawers. There's NO WAY I'm leaving more than a few hundred quid in a Cyprus bank now or in future! I will probably go guard the bank myself until I can withdraw it!

Want to ask him if I can have it paid into my UK bank instead this time. I can get Jen to bring some over and sort the rest myself when over for the wedding.

*Drives all thoughts to do with filthy money out of her head and determines to get out and get on with more mundane things!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Pat the holiday makers sound dire not sure I'd be able to cope with that haha.

LL good luck with the cars mot.

Today's the day I move out but degree results published at 9am which I'm a bit worried about!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning all, last day of my hols today, will be home tomorrow to see my little girl

Hope all is well with everyone , have a good day folks xx
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Got an email about my degree results..... They aren't publishing them till the afternoon. Arg.

Also spent all week cleaning my damn room and just kicked over my coffee which was on the floor by mistake. Know I shouldn't really have left it there but usually manage to without doing it! Had a seriously good go at it, and don't think it's going to stain. Nightmare!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Pat the holiday makers sound dire not sure I'd be able to cope with that haha.

LL good luck with the cars mot.

Today's the day I move out but degree results published at 9am which I'm a bit worried about!
Morning Emmis . Good luck with moving out and the degree results.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, last day of my hols today, will be home tomorrow to see my little girl

Hope all is well with everyone , have a good day folks xx
Morning Jackie have you mixed feelings today ? I bet you can't wait to get back to see Millie but are loath to leave the relaxed lifestyle and lovely weather. Assuming you had nice weather of course.
Safe journey home and I bet Millie will be beside herself to see you.

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Got an email about my degree results..... They aren't publishing them till the afternoon. Arg.

Also spent all week cleaning my damn room and just kicked over my coffee which was on the floor by mistake. Know I shouldn't really have left it there but usually manage to without doing it! Had a seriously good go at it, and don't think it's going to stain. Nightmare!
And breeeeeathe.

Pat good luck down at the whatchamecallmeit if you decide to brave it.

Just had a very sedate walk round the field and up the lane. Dillon had a couple of canters and a couple of trots and then plodded for the rest of the walk.
He is now laying in the garden not that its very pleasant here looks like it might rain.
I have a load of washing in too.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Good luck with the dentist Jenny, and with Paul's scans.
x
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »