Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning all.
H I do agree with you about the spuds, some of them are dreadful. I don't frequent our farm shop.....thats another story, a damn farmer who doesn't like dog walkers and barrs the way on all his land
Our corner shop sells the best spuds around here and cheaper than Sainsburys or Morrisons.
Moyra it must be a day for bad knees cos mine are giving me gee up today
Taffsmum You are braver than me, I refused to be turned upside down to kiss the Blarney stone
Everyone else have a great day, speak later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Off to meet my friend with the greyhounds shortly for a leisurely walk .... and a coffee. I'll drop back in at lunchtime. So sorry to learn that Kazz lost her lovely SBT Sal this morning.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 08:56 AM

I have not read anything yet because after a ghastly night I then managed to get another couple of hours sleep after the 7am pill alarm. Just got onto Dogsey for a few minutes then a van pulled up outside and the "blanket man" appeared. My new carpet had arrived.

Minor problem in that it is quite a bit bigger than the 1.80 x 2.70m [or whatever] I had expected, so I am going to have to find a couple of men to lift a couple of things slightly so the carpet can go under to take up the extra length and width. For the moment it is a bit "wobbly" from where it was folded so it is down with edges slightly up against bamboo bookshelves one end and a bamboo unit t'other end. As for width, it needs to go under the couch to pull it back a bit, but it needs to settle a bit first.

The guy [and his driver] would not come in to put it down for me as they are scared of dogs - they are Israeli Arabs and like many Arabs are not too keen on dogs, and there is nowhere in my bungalow that I could shut or tie Pereg up out of their way.

But I really do like the colours and pattern - would probably have chosen it myself had I seen it in a carpet store - and will have no problem with the size once it is down properly. Had to have a wee bit more haggling as I had originally haggled him down from the initial quote when I asked him if he could get me a carpet, and this being bigger he wanted to up it by 100 shekalim, so we agreed to split the difference. Still an excellent price and a fraction of what a carpet this size would cost in a store - no delivery charge either.

Now all I have to do is try to convince Da Booga to eat her bones/bone meals on a large towel and not on the carpet itself.

Strange thing though. I noticed a tiny gold "something" and when I picked it up it was one of my earrings [I have two tiny earrings in each ear] only when I felt I was still wearing them all. It was one that had caught on something a few years ago and fallen out somewhere, and when I could not find it I bought another pair. And I still have the other one of this pair, together with another odd earring which also lost its mate.

ETA I noticed Karen's post about her beloved Sal after I had typed this but had not yet posted it - a phone call interrupted me then a quick shower was needed before I did so. Sad day, sad day.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
So very sorry to hear about your Dad, Sally. he is at peace now and I'm sure you and your family will be too in the knowledge that he is not suffering anymore xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Morning everyone

Kazz - I've seen your sad news, I'm so sorry.

Lynn - I'm glad you had a better night and your mum seemed cheerful. That has to be a good sign!

Taffsmum - how exciting! My mum is over in Ireland at the moment and tells me the weather is really good. It won't be when we go! Enjoy your day in Cork.

Jenny - I hope you have a lovely walk with your friend.

Sally - I hope you are ok. x

We've had a visitor - a mouse, and we had no idea! You'd have thought at least Loki might have heard or smelt it but no! It's been living in a cardboard box under the sink. The box just contained various cleaning things and it had made a nest in a brillo pad and eaten half a bar of green soap! There were droppings and I wonder if it might have had babies, but none of us heard a thing and it's gone!

Carys was finally able to take in her swimming certificate to show in school today - yay! She was very excited to do so.

Have a lovely day.
x
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Lynn... I had a suspect email through my Yahoo mail late last night, it was from you... well I know it wasn't from you, cos it was very suspect..... Thought you ought to know in case your Yahoo has been "got at"
Dont know how it found me as I am sure we have not sent any through Yahoo it did show it had gone to others.

Hope everyone else is OK, I do read the daily and have a giggle at some of it and commiserate when things dont go well. I may partake sometimes, if i am allowed...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good Morning everyone, another lovely day here and the washing machine is chugging away! Back and knees were still bad this morning but since taking my tramadol seem to have gone off. More likely Ambers walk that helped. Have a lovely day all, God bless. Moyra
Morning Moyra good to hear the knees and back are easier after the medication or the walk but whatever has eased them that's got to be good.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Top of the morning to you. I'm turning all Irish.
Looks like another lovely day here today. Just finished another lovely breakfast. Been awake since before 6 though. Didn't sleep well last night & woke up with cramp at 5-30.
Glad Dillon let you have a better night Lynn.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Sally. At least he's at peace now which is what you all wanted.
I'm going to kiss the Blarney Stone this morning (you might not be able to shut me up later ) & then we're going into Cork as we have a free day today. We spent the night in a pub round the corner last night. Only called in for an hour but ended up staying till chucking out time. There was Irish music & dancing on so a brilliant atmosphere. OH on the Guiness. - he's not been able to drink for over a year due to medication but he chanced it last night. I only stuck to coke though. We were talking to a couple over from Florida at breakfast this morning - they find the driving difficult over here, narrow roads & being on the wrong side of the road
Have an enjoyable day everyone till I catch you later.
Morning Lynne sounds like you are having a lovely time.
Glad the weather is being kind and enjoy kissing the blarney stone.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
H I do agree with you about the spuds, some of them are dreadful. I don't frequent our farm shop.....thats another story, a damn farmer who doesn't like dog walkers and barrs the way on all his land
Our corner shop sells the best spuds around here and cheaper than Sainsburys or Morrisons.
Moyra it must be a day for bad knees cos mine are giving me gee up today
Taffsmum You are braver than me, I refused to be turned upside down to kiss the Blarney stone
Everyone else have a great day, speak later.
Morning Jenny classic case of gerrrroffff my land then.
Hope the knees feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I have not read anything yet because after a ghastly night I then managed to get another couple of hours sleep after the 7am pill alarm. Just got onto Dogsey for a few minutes then a van pulled up outside and the "blanket man" appeared. My new carpet had arrived.

Minor problem in that it is quite a bit bigger than the 1.80 x 2.70m [or whatever] I had expected, so I am going to have to find a couple of men to lift a couple of things slightly so the carpet can go under to take up the extra length and width. For the moment it is a bit "wobbly" from where it was folded so it is down with edges slightly up against bamboo bookshelves one end and a bamboo unit t'other end. As for width, it needs to go under the couch to pull it back a bit, but it needs to settle a bit first.

The guy [and his driver] would not come in to put it down for me as they are scared of dogs - they are Israeli Arabs and like many Arabs are not too keen on dogs, and there is nowhere in my bungalow that I could shut or tie Pereg up out of their way.

But I really do like the colours and pattern - would probably have chosen it myself had I seen it in a carpet store - and will have no problem with the size once it is down properly. Had to have a wee bit more haggling as I had originally haggled him down from the initial quote when I asked him if he could get me a carpet, and this being bigger he wanted to up it by 100 shekalim, so we agreed to split the difference. Still an excellent price and a fraction of what a carpet this size would cost in a store - no delivery charge either.

Now all I have to do is try to convince Da Booga to eat her bones/bone meals on a large towel and not on the carpet itself.

Strange thing though. I noticed a tiny gold "something" and when I picked it up it was one of my earrings [I have two tiny earrings in each ear] only when I felt I was still wearing them all. It was one that had caught on something a few years ago and fallen out somewhere, and when I could not find it I bought another pair. And I still have the other one of this pair, together with another odd earring which also lost its mate.

ETA I noticed Karen's post about her beloved Sal after I had typed this but had not yet posted it - a phone call interrupted me then a quick shower was needed before I did so. Sad day, sad day.
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
So very sorry to hear about your Dad, Sally. he is at peace now and I'm sure you and your family will be too in the knowledge that he is not suffering anymore xxx
Morning Malka glad the carpet has finally arrived, not so good it is bigger than you thought. I hope you can find someone willing to come and lay it for you.
Sorry you had a bad night and what a funny thing to happen with the ear ring.
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Kazz - I've seen your sad news, I'm so sorry.

Lynn - I'm glad you had a better night and your mum seemed cheerful. That has to be a good sign!

Taffsmum - how exciting! My mum is over in Ireland at the moment and tells me the weather is really good. It won't be when we go! Enjoy your day in Cork.

Jenny - I hope you have a lovely walk with your friend.

Sally - I hope you are ok. x

We've had a visitor - a mouse, and we had no idea! You'd have thought at least Loki might have heard or smelt it but no! It's been living in a cardboard box under the sink. The box just contained various cleaning things and it had made a nest in a brillo pad and eaten half a bar of green soap! There were droppings and I wonder if it might have had babies, but none of us heard a thing and it's gone!

Carys was finally able to take in her swimming certificate to show in school today - yay! She was very excited to do so.

Have a lovely day.
x
Morning Linda a mouse I don't mind them to much in the garden we used peppermint essence once to keep them away from our peas it did work and is safe for animals.
It must have cast iron innards if it has survived brillo pads and green soap.
Lovely to read Carys has her certificate at last to show off.

The news of Kazz's Sally brought a tear to my eye when I read the thread. Thinking of you Kazz.

My crumpets have just popped so off to eat them with marmite and watch Love and Marriage on catch up.
See you all soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Lovely day here once more, looking slightly hazy, sun is out though and I'm getting myself organised to take Mabs and Keshi out, as it is Keshi's Special Day today, she is 7 months old. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how ginormous she has become
Ended up watching the telly upstairs last night, because that one is working fine off an indoor aerial, the downstairs one, well I have gone back to Factory settings, I have re-configured it twice, and it resolutely refuses to show any ITV programmes, one of my friends phoned up whilst I was in the middle of it, and apparently it is to do with ITV doing something or other and she had to re-do hers last night, so she was on the phone giving out her instructions, but still no luck, Youngest Son supposed to be coming over today, no idea if he will or not, everything was fine till he 'mended' the main aerial lead and I unplugged the indoor aerial I had been using and he took it away with him for his OH's sister's TV, I may experiment using the aerial I am using on my upstairs TV, will see if youngest son appears first.
Glad you got a peaceful night with Dillon, Lynn, it sounds as though things are calming down for him on the hormone side of things, long awaited relief for you or what
How did you manage to get the carpet down Malka, I really hope you didn't have to manage on your own because you could have ended up in a real mess and hurt yourself, please please take care
Will do a proper catch up later when I am back in from walking all girlies.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Anyone want to see my new carpet?

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Lynn... I had a suspect email through my Yahoo mail late last night, it was from you... well I know it wasn't from you, cos it was very suspect..... Thought you ought to know in case your Yahoo has been "got at"
Dont know how it found me as I am sure we have not sent any through Yahoo it did show it had gone to others.

Hope everyone else is OK, I do read the daily and have a giggle at some of it and commiserate when things dont go well. I may partake sometimes, if i am allowed...
Morning nice to see you. Sorry about the suspect email Malka also received one.
I have changed my password now I had loads of mailer demon messages on my account. I am hoping now I have changed my password it will stop.
You are more than welcome to partake in the morning thread if you like we welcome everyone here.
It is not compulsory to join in every day if you do not have time or feel you do not want to join in one day or for a few
We look forward to seeing more of you..

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lovely day here once more, looking slightly hazy, sun is out though and I'm getting myself organised to take Mabs and Keshi out, as it is Keshi's Special Day today, she is 7 months old. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how ginormous she has become
Ended up watching the telly upstairs last night, because that one is working fine off an indoor aerial, the downstairs one, well I have gone back to Factory settings, I have re-configured it twice, and it resolutely refuses to show any ITV programmes, one of my friends phoned up whilst I was in the middle of it, and apparently it is to do with ITV doing something or other and she had to re-do hers last night, so she was on the phone giving out her instructions, but still no luck, Youngest Son supposed to be coming over today, no idea if he will or not, everything was fine till he 'mended' the main aerial lead and I unplugged the indoor aerial I had been using and he took it away with him for his OH's sister's TV, I may experiment using the aerial I am using on my upstairs TV, will see if youngest son appears first.
Glad you got a peaceful night with Dillon, Lynn, it sounds as though things are calming down for him on the hormone side of things, long awaited relief for you or what
How did you manage to get the carpet down Malka, I really hope you didn't have to manage on your own because you could have ended up in a real mess and hurt yourself, please please take care
Will do a proper catch up later when I am back in from walking all girlies.
Morning June happy 7 month birthday to Keshi gosh it has gone quick.
What a nuisance over the tele I hope it gets sorted ok.
Dillon is settling down nicely now. He is 19 months and with the neutering seems to be becoming more grounded.
We even do some training again in the morning on our walks. Just sits, stays, heel come and without barging into me that one he finding hardest.
Enjoy your walk.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »