View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Bev - ouch! My appointment for boob mangling is for this coming Sunday at 3pm of all times, which is yet another reason why I will have to miss it again.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Malka - all 'green' stuff here just vanishes once we haven't had any rain for a month or so.

The aircon guys have finished already! All done and dusted. Crane driver paid (they make you laugh because one of them gets on the lift and just asks for the money from the window or verandah - mention a receipt and they start mumbling about VAT and whatever - you never get any receipts from the Cherry Picker operators here. Dagnammit it's a better unit than the one in MY room bahh ... I will be calling into them later and asking if they can pop back and take a look at mine - didn't have it serviced when the living room one was repaired coz it had not really ever been used. But when I tried it boy was it NOISY. And the 'sleep' function which usually tones and quietens it down didn't seem to make any difference.

Now for the headache pills and go have a little read of the sample of the Kindle book I just downloaded on a recommendation from here (and must remember to log out of my son's Amazon account before I get carried away browsing and clicking to buy stuff! All my Kindle books go on his account - lovely boy loves his mumsie!)
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Bev - ouch! My appointment for boob mangling is for this coming Sunday at 3pm of all times, which is yet another reason why I will have to miss it again.
Ha ha Malka that is a perfect description of it.
Can you not contact them and change your appointment for a time to suit you, that what I had to do. Not that there is ever a suitable time to get mangled
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Ha ha Malka that is a perfect description of it.
Can you not contact them and change your appointment for a time to suit you, that what I had to do. Not that there is ever a suitable time to get mangled
I could but I will not, and to be honest Bev this will be the third year that I have missed the appointment. If it was just a matter of sorting out Pereg, going for the boob mangling and coming home it could be possible. But they always call me back for an ultrasound because even though it is marked down on my notes that the "things" that show up are just scar tissue from previous lumpectomies it is always a different doctor checking the results and each one wants to confirm what the previous on has said.

Anyhow, with Pereg only on Day 13 after this last lot of seizures, I am not prepared to leave her even at Day Care.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
...[snip]...Malka - all 'green' stuff here just vanishes once we haven't had any rain for a month or so.
It is the opposite here - the weeds start appearing once the ground is bone dry.

Some types do dry out and vanish, but the ground-covering stuff and some of the other pretty but rapidly growing weeds just carry on spreading and growing respectively.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 08:11 AM

Helena I bet you have a great day with your friends, pace yourself with that wine
Lynn I hope you get the two lots of good news that you are waiting for.
Jenny hope you "catch up"
Lore, a busy evening ahead for you.
Norma thanks for the hugs
Malka hope your ouchies are better
Tang shame isn't it when all we can do is look forward to young workmen coming in,still it sounds like you have more than your fair share
Moyra good luck with your hospital appointment and Bev good luck with your mammogram.
Ihope everyone is on the up, my son certainly sounds to be improving
Back to the washing
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning all.

Had a nightmare couple of days. Mum had another drug reaction (different tablet) a couple of days ago. Then yesterday they decided that she needed to be moved to rehabilitation. This means moving her to a dump of a nursing home, not sending all the medication with her or her care plan, and not even providing a denture mug - this home is for the elderly.

My sister (and myself, truth be known) were in tears all day yesterday. I couldn't go over to support both my mum and my sister as Dave had to go to the hospital in Boston for them to inject dye into his system to take a million photo's of his eye prior to the injections which should start this week.

I'm going over to Barnsley on Sunday to pick the grandkids up so will see her then. My sister said that for me to go today would only worry both her and my mum more (because they worry about the long journey especially when they know I'm tired anyway).

Gary still isn't right. The latest injury has thrown him into the doldrums again.

Dave's next appointment should be tomorrow (hopefully). Friday, we've to take Gary to meet his friends for their 'Friday to Monday' in Butlins.

Where the heck has my quiet life gone? Please come back, you are sorely missed.

Thoughts with Gorden today and hoping he gets on famously with the Head. Surely, this has to be 'the one'.

Shattered today so other than Rosie's walk, sorting out hospital appointments and a bit of housework - nothing planned.

Enjoy your day Helena. A few good belly laughs will do ya the World of good.

Sorry, haven't been keeping up so I'll just say that I hope you are all well. That anyone who has been ill is well on the mend and that life can be more stress-free for us all.

Have a good 'un all xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Doing the happy dance here! I saw an 'as new' sewing machine in the Eastern Cyprus Buy/Sell forum yesterday and emailed with my phone number. Just had a call to say I was first come so first served! I got it (just €90) and they are even delivering it from Paralimni for me tomorrow morning (I said I would be happy to pay the petrol - I've only just been all the way over there on Sat to the Auction Rooms)

Bought it new for his wife when they moved here and then his wife died. His new partner does not sew and does not want it. Lucky me. I will now be able to take the tacking pins out of the ELEVEN curtains in here that are pinned up!

No mean seamstress in my time I haven't missed my machine much (donated it to Jen's old college when I left the UK) but have been thinking lately that I might like to get into a little bit of sewing again now I've got plenty of room to do it and it won't take the house over.

For starters there are 4 pairs of crops that need sewing back up where the cotton rots out of them quickly here - sweat does that! (sorry if that was indelicate - I did of course mean to say 'perspiration'!)

They've been sat in the ironing basket for more than a year and in fact I bought more rather than sew them by hand!

Here it is

Malka
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Ooh, I am dead jealous now Pat - I brought my beautiful brand new sewing machine with me and when my daughter came back from SA after she was married she decided that I did not really need it [oh no?] so she would "take it off my hands".

Not that she had ever shown any interest in sewing - I think she could just about sew a button on - maybe - so it sat, lid never taken off - and was no doubt given away when they boogered off to England a few years later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Morning

Helena - I hope you have a lovely catch up with your friends with lots of fun and laughter. I also hope Zena copes well on the lower dose.

And yes, I most certainly do remember you at Christmas!

Lynn - everything crossed here that Gorden gets some good news, job-wise and that you get good news mum-wise. x

Jenny - I hope you enjoy your busy catch-up day.

Lore - I hope the maths day goes well. I am doing catch-up maths with my daughter - we're on the 5 times table and I am dreading revisiting calculus in the future !

Tangutica - I hope your head feels better. x

Labrador Lover, I hope all goes well at the hospital. x

Malka - I hope you are okay and that Pereg continues to be fit-free.

Madmare - I hope all goes well with the mammorgram. x

Nippy - I'm so pleased to hear your son is doing well. x

Chris - I am sorry that things are not great for you. Life gets like that sometimes, doesn't it? It's awful the way your mum has been treated.

Loki is good. We had a lovely walk this morning, although he's still sniffing like a loon! When he digs his heels in, I can't budge him.

I'm playing squash at lunchtime so Michael is going to the creche for an hour. He's very excited.

I still have details to put on the invitations for Carys' birthday. She's written all the names but I'm doing the phone numbers. It's so boring, I'm putting it off.

I hope everyone has a good day today.x
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »