View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 07:54 AM
The most amazing thing about it (because it will get much bigger yet) is that it is NOT touching the ground! That skinny little branch is bearing the weight and it is hovering just above ground!

Just thought - until I saw the name of my carving I said it was two people 'cuddling' or 'holding hands' but it's 'wrestling' I think that shows that under my brash exterior I have a soft interior lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Pat - That was strange as you first photo only appeard of the tree and then hey-presto the other two appear later I've seen the first little soap-stone of the 'wrestlers' - I think it should be called 'friends' as it hardly looks like fighters. The other one which was given to you by your son is amazing - what a gift and oh what a lovely body
Snap! Yes he brought that over in a suitcase for me - it is huge and heavy but sadly, after coming from a very humid country Cuba and Caymans into a hotter, drier one Cyprus - it quickly dried and has cracked and also the 'sheen' on it dried out

It won't get any worse - it was a pressie for my 60th. I've tried everything to restore the sheen - wax, oil, (also filled the crack with wax). He bought a dark wood similar one for himself and that hasn't suffered in the UK.

Yes body beautiful - I expect it reminded them of mum's fabulous figure LOL! She has the most marvellous intricately carved flower (Hibiscus?) all over her bum!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 08:20 AM
morning all
Lynn, I can't believe these people, noseying around and not doing anything else
H glad you are normal, thats you and me then good news. Loved the sunset.
Malka, Pepsi did exactly the same, so I have a booga too!
Bev enjoy your Greyhound walk, give them a tickle from me!
Tang love your grapefruit and you objet d'art
Jenny enjoy your day, please take some pictures of "somewhere"!

Hubby is picking up son and family later and I will cook them lunch. It takes the pressure off son, cos he does all the cooking and I will get to see Kyla So I will find out how he is then. Thank you all for asking
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a nice day for you Nippy. 'Tis the opposite here - my son does all the cooking and gets quite 'miffed' if anyone else wants to do it! I let him get on with it (he's a great cook better than me) and as he 'interferes' and butts in all the time if I or anyone else is doing it - well - best leave him to it!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning everyone,
Malka glad you got a good night with Pereg.
Have a lovely day all, like some of you plan an easy day today. God bless all.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Morning all, a lovely day here so far... Might get out in the garden later if the weather holds..

Hope you all have a good day xxx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi yeserday i posted a thread Where have all the flowers gone,it should have been posted to the daily thread,re Jim who died,but got confused and it is just on its own and other people on dogsey will not have a clue as to what it is about
Sorry Gemini54
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Morning all
Just packed some butties & a flask to go out for a nice long walk. Taking the train from town & going to try that loop walk I tried a couple of months ago when I couldn't get far cos of the snow. The sun is trying to come out so it should be a lovely day. Might as well make the most of my last dy of freedom.
OH phoned earlier - he's enjoying himself. He bumped into one of the fellas off "Put your money where your mouth is" off the tele. They were filming a new series there so he got a photo of him. I've put a stew in the slow cooker for tea so I don't need to bother with that when I get back.
Enjoy your quiet day Helena.
Everybody else enjoy your Sunday. Hope poorly relatives are feeling better.
Just going to dash out now. I hope the loop isn't too muddy now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Lily and I also had a lie in this morning till 7am which is unheard of for me, but we were both so tired from yesterday and poor Lily is still too tired to do anything, so I think the 2 day show we are booked to do week after next we will have to say we will do just one day of it, its too much for her now.

We will still go on the greyhound walk this morning as its only about 7 miles away and we only walk for just over an hour and the weather is beautiful out there.

I have to go and pick a very elderly lady up this afternoon, I hadn't seen her for some time and promised I would collect her and bring her round for a natter and a catch up today. I also need to visit Tesco and cook a roast dinner. Oh well at least Lily can rest after our walk.

Hope you get some news on your mum lynn and Gill is feeling a bit better now.

H, normal no way she gave Harvey biscuits and that is just not normal

Jenny hope things are better with your son today.

Take care all and have a good day
Morning Bev enjoy your walk and the natter with the elderly friend you are picking up. Has Ash left again and how is Charly coping ?

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Lovely coloured sky there.

Morning all. We were late going on our walk today so I am glad it is a bit overcast. Just seen this on our way back - huge grapefruit growing on the spindliest little tree at the end of the road - just the one fruit!

Oh and for whoever it was wanted to see my objet d'art from the Auction Rooms yesterday - here 'tis - all €10's worth of it lol! 7 inches high - not much more than a euro per inch!

Actually I assumed it was soapstone and have just had the brainwave of looking on the bottom of it! It is and is called 'Wrestlers' - a Fair Trade product hand carved in Kenya. This one's my favourite - a pressie from Martin - hand carved in Cuba.

Morning Pat that grapefruit tree is amazing. Keep your eye on it you can have grapefruit for breakfast when its ripe.
Love the little statues.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn, Helena, Malka, Bev, Pat and fellow members,

It is definitely warmer here this morning and the sun is out OH is just loading his car and will be off to 'somewhere' for the day I plan to try and creosote the hatches under the house today but will have to keep the dogs well away. I love the smell of it, but not sure what the neighbours will think if they are sitting out by the river.

Lynn - I hope you have your relaxing day and you may still hear from that couple with the dog who were looking at the outside of it. I hope Gill is feeling slightly more normal today, but I think you said days 3-4 were worse. Enjoy your walk with Dillon.

Helena - That photo is gorgeous ...... sure to be a nice day today .... it is here so far. I'm relieved that you and Dave are planning a quieter day today and a nice lunch - you never know you may be able to sit out on you patio to eat it

Bev - Enjoy your leisurely walk today with Lily and all the greys. I'm not surprised you were feeling shattered after yesterday and I'm sure you are wise to only do one day at a show. Enjoy your 'catch-up' with your elderly friend.

Malka - a good night sleep for you last night - a sentence I have possibly never heard from you, so you must be feeling great Enjoy your day and you are ahead of me as I haven't started any jobs yet.

Pat - It would be a shame just to leave one lonely fruit wouldn't it But that is amazing that the little spindly tree could produce a fruit that large. Maybe someone put it there? Enjoy your day and I hope the sun returns for you.

See you all later and enjoy your day.
Morning jenny. Enjoy your day creosoting I won't won't venture for a walk your way today.
Don't work too hard.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
morning all
Lynn, I can't believe these people, noseying around and not doing anything else
H glad you are normal, thats you and me then good news. Loved the sunset.
Malka, Pepsi did exactly the same, so I have a booga too!
Bev enjoy your Greyhound walk, give them a tickle from me!
Tang love your grapefruit and you objet d'art
Jenny enjoy your day, please take some pictures of "somewhere"!

Hubby is picking up son and family later and I will cook them lunch. It takes the pressure off son, cos he does all the cooking and I will get to see Kyla So I will find out how he is then. Thank you all for asking
Morning Jenny enjoy your day with your son and Granddaughter. I am sure a bit of mums home cooking is just the TLC he needs.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning everyone,
Malka glad you got a good night with Pereg.
Have a lovely day all, like some of you plan an easy day today. God bless all.
Morning Moyra. I hope your sons back is better today.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, a lovely day here so far... Might get out in the garden later if the weather holds..

Hope you all have a good day xxx
Morning Jackie. Hope Millie is still doing well.

Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi yeserday i posted a thread Where have all the flowers gone,it should have been posted to the daily thread,re Jim who died,but got confused and it is just on its own and other people on dogsey will not have a clue as to what it is about
Sorry Gemini54
Morning we are all guilty of having a silly moment I know I do all the time.

Had a nice walk with Dillon some mad running around the field and a walk through the woods. One hair raising moment he went to the middle gate way which he can get through and the traffic visiting the crem and the fields comes up there he stopped looked at me looked towards the road so I called him in my silly voice and he came hurtling over. I took his long line then he tried to drag me into a hedge because he saw a cat and then in the woods into the undergrowth because he saw a squirrel.
Another mad run on the field when we came out of the woods now hopefully a peaceful day.

We have a plan. Surprise surprise.
We are leaving the house on the market if Gorden gets this job we will let it run now for the next 6 weeks with the same agent but will change agents when the contract finishes. Not so urgent now but we are very disappointed with what we can get in Essex or Herts we wouldn't be able to go mortgage free and with a small mortgage we are not keen on the areas.
So the plan is Gorden will stay in London we will continue to look Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire possibly Suffolk or Norfolk way all reasonable and easy drives for me so I can visit some weekends and holidays. Plus we will be mortgage free so if the same happens this time the project ends or redundancy we do not have to live this worry again.

Off for some brekkie and to strip the beds.
See's you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Enjoy your walk Lynne lets hope it doesn't snow again.
Enjoy your stew too sounds like a perfect Sunday.
OH will be showing his photo off now to all your visitors.
Have a lovely day.

Helena the pictures are glorious.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »