Female 

12-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Brierley ....how is your son?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I am exhausted just reading about all you manage to get done in one day Nechda, no wonder you need your nanny naps!

I am a bit out of the loop at the moment due to Pereg still not being right so I seem to have either missed on a lot of happenings or have forgotten what I have read within minutes of reading it.

Have a safe journey and a good time at the Bernese garden party Lynn - I hope the weather is good for you, and Bev I hope Lily enjoys the dog show [and that you feel better once you are there. Poor Charly and Ash - I hope you have stocked up on tissues.

Chris, I am embarrassed to say that I have no idea what yesterday's celebration was for, please forgive me. Also Jenny - I seem to have missed all about your visitors. I seem to be suffering from CRS Syndrome - Cannot Remember Sh!t

Have a good day everyone.
It was my mum's 90th birthday, Malka (and my little niece's first birthday too )

I do hope little Pereg is settling down now on the new dosage of her meds xx

I miss all sorts of things on here and I've no real excuse. I also tend to read, meaning to comment later and then forgetting . I put that down to 'senior moments'
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Helena you can buy those rings as spares.....
Lynn enjoy your day out - sure it will be brilliant weather - sure Dillon will enjoy meeting fellow Bernese, think the key is to realise everyone else is worried about their own dog's behaviour. So relax and enjoy the day.
Madmare hope you feel a bit better sure Lily will not mind a day at home.
Brierley that sounds like a brilliant day was had by all hope you all found the right shoes - have a restful one today.
Nippy the good thing about being the one who is invaded is you don't have to drive home.
Jackbox - back at you with the good day.
Malka - Hope Perg is a bit better today and you worry a little less
Mini You are a bit of a busybee this morning.....have a great day my friend.
Too anyone else who has posted while I have been replying, have a great day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Late for me but the dogs were settled so decided to go and have a shower and wash my hair What a great sleep I had having the bed to myself last night Sunny but very chilly out there. I couldn't hear our 'visitors' under the house last night but by the looks of things theve spent the night emptying the skip next door onto their lawn They'll have a lovely surprise when they arrive back from their weekend this afternoon, but they really shouldn't have put household rubbish in there. Off to walk the dogs soon as rain forecast from lunchtime onwards

Helena - Hopefully that was your REALLY busy day over with for another week. Sorry about your back and neck - maybe it would be a good idea to have a chill day with Dave. I'm more than happy to eat all the norty food today to save you being tempted. Good luck with the bloods tomorrow.

Lynn - Have a wonderful day at the doggie garden party - I'm sure Dillon will. I hope the sun shines for you all. Hopefully you'll have remembered your camera.

Bev - Have a lovely day with the birthday girl at the show. I'll be thinking about you all what with Ash going off tomorrow . Lots of luck for Charly and her exams too.

Chris - Sorry to hear about your back - I have to be so careful too - and yes it 'stinks' getting older. Yesterday sounded wonderful and how nice for your Mum to have so many family members under one roof. Hopefully lots of photos were taken to keep the memory alive. Enjoy your quieter day.

Jenny - What a fab hostess you are .... that is probably why you always have a house full . Enjoy it and see you later.

Jackbox, Mini and Kazz - Hi and I hope you all enjoy your day.

Malka - It's great that I now have a diagnosis for my problem - CRS - I love it I hope Pereg and you have a nice settled day.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and see you later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Good Morning everyone, Well late this morning as I had a lay in until gone 9 but Steve with his bad back decided he needed a walk to ease it up so took Amber out for me. It was lovely not having to get up to walk her.

I hope Lynn has a fantastic day with all the other dogs.

H do rest that back of yours today. Have a lazy day, I intend to.

Bev, hope you feel better later on and enjoy the show.

Malka, I hope you and Pereg have a good day.

Everyone have a good day and take care and stay well.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Good luck with the blood test tomorrow Helena.
Have a super day up there Lynn.

We've just walked Loki complete with squabbling kids on scooters. Loki was being a real pain too, pulling and lurching . We're going to Church soon and then to do some shopping, then it will probably rain!

Steve is doing some work in the bathroom - he's building some removable cupboard/panels around the pipes. We had that leak and had to rip off the old non-removable panels to get at the pipes.

Have a great day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Brierley ....how is your son?
Very, very up and down at the moment. We don't know if it is still the very low dose of anti-epileptic drug he is taking or the brain damage left by the fall (confirmed in the recent MRI scan).

We are keeping the low dosage on to see how things go, but, at the moment it's looking very much like we'll be taking him off them yet again.

Right now, he's either very high or very low and either loves me to bits or hates me with a vengeance.

He goes back to Queens in July at which point I'm hoping we can get some answers and possibly some solutions
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Good afternoon one and all. Note to Helena - obviously there is 'someone up there' orchestrating it all down here - sounds like he is a sort of omnipotent 'store detective'?

Well - ain't no sunshine when she's gone - She arrived home safely at about 4am this morning - the weather changed yesterday and it has remained very unsettled. Menacing clouds alternating with hot sun, thunder and gale force winds with the occasional short, sharp shower.

I always make myself VERY busy the day after my family leave to stop me missing them too much. And have done so today. Started out with an early and longer than usual walk. We found a rottie puppie that Bella adored. Nice dog, nice owner and they had some fun.

I've washed about 10 sheets and pillowslips, dozens of towels - sunbed covers and all sorts - mopped right through (the wind has helped dry it in record time) and basically got the apartment back looking as it did before my sis arrived.

Also put in about 2 or 3 hours work online catching up there. I might throw myself onto the verandah sofabed for half hour soon (might as well keep up the tan I got while they were here - all I have to do then is lose the weight I put on while they were here!)

Mart & Monny were planning to come over in June but it looks as if that is when he will be having this second spinal op (the big one) now so I probably won't see any of them before I fly out 3rd week in July for the wedding.

Also had another ruthless sort through wardrobe and given lots of clobber and footwear to the girl next door. Also got lots of sewing jobs to do but they can wait until another weekend.

Was going to drag muttley out to pee while sun has broken through (she hates rain and thunder) but she is zonked out on my newly made clean bed!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Helena, just a thought, grapefruits and grapefruit juice help to lower cholesterol, worth a try
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Helena, just a thought, grapefruits and grapefruit juice help to lower cholesterol, worth a try
Careful if you take any other regular meds with the grapefruit - you can google which meds are affected by grapefruit juice. I believe it's a no no for BP meds.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >