View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Mocha is doing great today. She's still a little unsure but minimal considering everything. She came right out of her crate this morning and is more than willing to give lots of kisses. She is deathly afraid of having anything over her head so I stopped trying to get a martingale on her. So I decided to try to get a harness on her. No luck as of yet, lol. It's much easier to do with 2 people so I may have to wait until tonight with Mike.

She slept through the night without a peep. I am so relieved because I was so tired after the long day yesterday and it would have sucked if she didn't let us sleep, lol.

I made an appointment for her to get checked by the vet, vaccines, hw check, etc. I hope by then we have the harness on Mocha. I guess worst case scenario would be to do the whole crate thing and carry her to the car.

I also found out that she likes to sing along with me. Don't laugh, but I sing to my dogs all-the-time. So i'm singing to her and she joins in with a long howl with head tilted back and all.

This one is my favourite so far. You can see that Ivan is still hanging around...a big long white Ivan hair is on Mocha's face by her ear.

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Aw Timber what a lovely dog Mocha's eyes say it all...
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
What a lovely story and what a gorgeous dog!
She's so lucky she can stay with you until she finds her forever home. Some dogs are really badly stressed in kennels and for those dogs people like you are their saviour! Now she will be given a real chance to show what a lovely girl she is, instead of having to be stressed in a kennel and nobody wants her because of that..

Well done, you should be so proud of yourself!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Last weeks piccies of her were so upsetting, her body language was telling how stressed and scared she was, and now it is like seeing a different little girl. So pleased you were able to take her in and help her.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Beautiful girl!
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
She is a beauty, and her face seems so happy now. And sad as you were to see Ivan go, it has given this lovely girl a better chance to find a forever home too. x
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry you're missing Ivan - I'm not surprised and so happy you are giving Mocha a foster home.

I have great respect for your compassion and strength. I can't foster because my boy doesn't have a good history with other dogs but I'm not sure I could do what you're doing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Oh what a treat! I came back to see the original pics again and I got some new ones. I LOVE that last pic. How will you be able to part with her?

Agree with Pep Sounds - Ivan leaving was a blessing for Mocha. One very lucky Mocha with you and your man (the dawg magnet man!)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow, that is fantastic - what a total transformation from such a sad scared dog to a happy girlie What a wonderful, wonderful job you do with these foster dogs - WELL DONE
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Good for you Timber for not resorting to the catch pole. You did so well to stick it out. You must have known that she would come around eventually and the way you did it was brilliant.

I did wonder about your other dogs, not knowing that they are all male. LOL, obviously not a problem for your debutante
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >