View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Sorry cannot help as no experience of this but just want to send your little man lots of get well vibes and hugs to you. Hope all goes well for him and you have him back home soon
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Annaw View Post
My little guy is in kidney failure . the prognosis isn't good.
I am sorry to hear that the news is not good.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 02:25 PM
You vet will advise on the medical aspects, but as far as what you can do, you can make every day special and enjoy your little one.

It's great that the levels are looking more promising and that he can, hopefully, come home.

Treasure however much time you have left with him. We should all do that from the moment they come into our lives to the moment they leave us because weeks, months, years fly by so quickly

Good luck and put on a brave and happy face for your baby xxx
Annaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Winston has been home for a day. He is eating okay and not drinking as much as before. But all he does is sleep I thought maybe its because its taken its toll the last couple of days. But I have been reading some peoples posts on here and I am not confident that he is going to be okay. I want to stay positive but at the same time I want to prepare myself for the worst. Has anyone's dog got through this and come out the other side? I really need to hear something positive .
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2013, 11:22 AM
My little guy is in kidney failure . the prognosis isn't good.
Our little guy has been on fluids overnight . They said the main thing is he needs to eat. And the good news is he has eaten with a hearty appetite this morning his uretha and cretitine(??) Levels have gone way down. They are keeping him on fluids till this evening to see if the levels go down further and we should be able to bring him home. has anyone else had this happen and what happens now
Winston has been home for a day. He is eating okay and not drinking as much as before. But all he does is sleep I thought maybe its because its taken its toll the last couple of days. But I have been reading some peoples posts on here and I am not confident that he is going to be okay. I want to stay positive but at the same time I want to prepare myself for the worst. Has anyone's dog got through this and come out the other side? I really need to hear something positive .
Anna I am sorry to hear about Winston (hugs) , no two dogs are the same and they reach different stages in their condition at varying times.
I lost my dog to kidney failure at 9 months just when I had put in all the hard work and reaches the stage if having a well trained puppy with a delightful temperament.
We have had dogs on here with kidney failure who managed to go on for months so no one here can say really how Winston will be.

I know it is hard but I would try not to dwell on Winston's condition and enjoy every moment you have with him.
Annaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Update.....
We went to the vets yesterday for yet more blood to be taken.
They rang this morning with the results. It looks like his kidneys are a little damaged but his levels are back to normal
But ....his calcium and phosophorous levels are vey high. He has to go in again for yet more bloods to see if he has Addisons Disease .
So I am very very pleased about his kidneys but I know nothing about Addisons Disease
Kusaidia
New Member!
Female 

17-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Definitely contact a vet, could be a multitude of things. My fingers point to UTI.
Annaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks ...but my little guy has kidney disease. It was confirmed today by the vet .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2