View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cadac21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Thank you for this suggestion. I had heard about hydrolysed food but could not find any at a reasonable price. This is vary reasonable considering what the vet wanted.

One of the foods Oreo tried was Royal Canin, and although the choice for vets for an elimination diet it seemed to make my Oreo worse.

I have emailed them to see if they sell a smaller bag to try and also a free sample so I will see what they come back with.

Thank you for your help so far.

It's much appreciated.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:17 PM
RC is quite over priced. We feed Harvey on Hills D/ D & to all intents. & purposes it is best yet for controlling his itchy skin.

If the food is dry, it will have storage mites & only way to kill them is to freeze the food overnight. Freezing is only thing to kill them.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:18 PM
RC is quite over priced. We feed Harvey on Hills D/ D & to all intents & purposes it is best yet for controlling his itchy skin.

If the food is dry, it will have storage mites & only way to kill them is to freeze the food overnight. Freezing is only thing to kill them.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
RC is quite over priced. We feed Harvey on Hills D/ D & to all intents & purposes it is best yet for controlling his itchy skin.

There's no way I'd fit a 15kg bag or even 2kg bag in one of my freezer drawers! .. would be a pain having to defrost it everyday to use.

I'm not sure if a 2kg bag would fit in a tabletop freezer (with shelves removed) and kept for that purpose then could just get out as much as you needed..not sure how hard it be to seperate the kibble once frozen?..unless buy loads of smaller storage tupperware boxes or freezer bags and splitting the kibble into portions first when you get that bag and then freezing it in portions to defrost one at a time? ..if you were gonna feed some raw could keep them in same tabletop freezer just for the dogs food.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Holly has James Wellbeloved cereal free dry food. She also has Lukullus wet food. So far so good, she has not been on both long. I think her coat is looking better. She does also have salmon oil on her food, which is a new thing as well.

Holly can be quite fussy. I tried feeding her the packets of raw food and she went off them after only a few days.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2