View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Now she DOES look sorry for herself doesn't she? Bless her.

Bella had a claw removed. It did grow back but took AGES to do so.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Now she DOES look sorry for herself doesn't she? Bless her.

Bella had a claw removed. It did grow back but took AGES to do so.
I can't remember how long it took for Tonks to grow it back previously. Poor girl has had so many days of no walks recently.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Aw bless her. Hope it heals up quickly for her.

She is lovely.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw bless her. Hope it heals up quickly for her.

She is lovely.
Thank you. She seems quite chipper this morning now the anaesthetic has worn off. She didnt touch the bandage all night, but she hate wearing the drip bag she has to have over it to go out in the garden. Poor Tonks.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Jack recently lost a nail. He 'twanged' it quite badly and was left with a flap of nail digging into the nail bed. The vet trimmed off the flap as much as possible but decided not to remove the nail as it was still quite well attached. A few days later and some very frozen lumpy ground and it was gone and he was left with the quick. I taped a sock on his leg so that he wouldn't keep licking it and he's fine now. It was an inside toe so not too prominent.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Jack recently lost a nail. He 'twanged' it quite badly and was left with a flap of nail digging into the nail bed. The vet trimmed off the flap as much as possible but decided not to remove the nail as it was still quite well attached. A few days later and some very frozen lumpy ground and it was gone and he was left with the quick. I taped a sock on his leg so that he wouldn't keep licking it and he's fine now. It was an inside toe so not too prominent.
Oooo, it all sounds very painful. Tonks' was up inside the toe too and was sticking up at a very odd angle and oozing blood. Think she had vibe big snorkelling with it and got it infected. Yuck!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Thank you. It was a bit of a hectic day as my 2 year has chicken pox (hundreds of them literally), my 3 year old is possibly coming down with the, the dishwasher is broken, my partner is away until Thursday and Remus has never been without Tonks for more than a few hours. Everyone was feeling a bit fragile! Only when I got home did I realise the vets didn't send her home in a buster collar. She usually doesn't bother her bandages...but I might have to wipe a tiny bit of bitter apple on it before bed time...just in case.
Hi Poor you, was it the dew claw,I have heard that it can be quite painful,how about wearing a little bootee on that paw,as she must have a weakness there,when you take her out for walks,I think recently there was a post about bootees,chin up crystalgirl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Aw, poor Tonks What a very clever girl to know to keep it elevated I hope you kids get over the chicken pox quickly, but much better for them to have it and get it over and done with.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi Poor you, was it the dew claw,I have heard that it can be quite painful,how about wearing a little bootee on that paw,as she must have a weakness there,when you take her out for walks,I think recently there was a post about bootees,chin up crystalgirl
Hiya, no it wasn't a dew claw it was front right paw, second toe in from the left. Now it's gone she's weight bearing fine on it. Remus is very interested in the bandage but Tonks ignores it.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Aw, poor Tonks What a very clever girl to know to keep it elevated I hope you kids get over the chicken pox quickly, but much better for them to have it and get it over and done with.
Thank you. Tonks seems fine really....and the poxy one seems fairly chipper too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Well when I say Bella had one removed - vet wouldn't remove it but just trimmed it right back. She removed it herself the same day.

It didn't bother her at all tho' - not when it happened (apparently - she was in the boarding) nor when I noticed it, nor when he trimmed it and not when it was gone either.

Only that you could see it was gone - or you'd never have known. I gave up looking to see if it was growing back and then, months later, I noticed it had!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >