View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I have a Ford Galaxy. Loads of room and the seats can be removed in seconds so it can be used as a van.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Our 'dogmobile' is a FIAT Scudo (The Citroen Jumpy & Peugeot Expert are made in the same factory and are pretty much the same)

[/IMG]

We removed the middle row of seats and as you can see the sliding door makes for easy access of dogs or luggage, there is also space behind the rear seats.

[/IMG]

It is also a good 'normal' vehicle, hardly any bigger than an estate car, and easy to park as it has windows all round. Not a 'status' car 'tho
Hi One of the Hyundi cars not an estate,has one of the largest boots that a car of its size has,but I dont know which model crystalgirl
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Hubby just said the Volvo is the biggest of the estate cars, and the Mondeo is next, but don't buy the diesel whatever you do cos they're nothing but trouble.

My neighbour has what Losos has in his pictures there, and when he takes all the dogs out, he gets a labradoodle, a collie, a black lab, and a retriever, ALL sitting comfortably along the back WITH all the seats down in the rest of that car!!! I can't quite believe how he does it, but he does this everyday, I stand and watch him at the window, and they all move over as each one gets in and sidles along to the next dog

Hubby said that Skoda Octavia is quite a good vehicle?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi One of the Hyundi cars not an estate,has one of the largest boots that a car of its size has,but I dont know which model crystalgirl
Dave said that's the Sonita, but it's a car and that's just the boot that's big and you can't really put a dog in the boot of a car..... or can you???
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
he gets a labradoodle, a collie, a black lab, and a retriever, ALL sitting comfortably along the back WITH all the seats down in the rest of that car!!! I can't quite believe how he does it, but he does this everyday, I stand and watch him at the window, and they all move over as each one gets in and sidles along to the next dog
OMG Helena that had me laughing and really set me up for today with us it's Rianna who grabs the seat and Bara who looks out of the window and you know what, they always go to the same places, it's like they know where they should sit Of course Bara doesn't always want to come with us now so she stays home, we were a bit concerned at first but she isn't worried, she sleeps, and just lifts her head when we arrive back.

ETA:-
Yes in that photo it's Bara on the seat but that is one of the rare occassions when she has done that.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Hubby said that Skoda Octavia is quite a good vehicle?
There used to be lots of jokes about Skoda but most people do not know that when Volkswagon took over Skoda they completely gutted the factory in Mlada Boleslav and totally refitted it with all new, automated, machinery and it is now one of the most modern VW plants in Europe.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by yaddayadda View Post
Hoping you can all help!

We've two medium sized dogs and have a Rav4 which is fine for shipping them around, but no good for holidays as we can't fit us, the dogs and all the stuff needed in the Rav4.

We don't really want to go down the roofbox solution and the estate cars I've looked at aren't big enough unfortunately (had considered an Audi A4).

A van/truck is looking like the only option, but I need to be able to use it day to day for commuting too. I don't want to spend a fortune on a Chelsea tractor!

Ideas?
Oh well that's my suggestion out then

It all depends on your budget and what you enjoy driving, as it has to double up as your everyday car.

A estate sounds the best option, and them its all down to preference, and money

P.S..... I love my Chelsea tractors.. at the moment I have a VW Touareg which is ideal, but hanker for a new Discovery .....
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel which is really big and roomy inside as well as having an enormous boot for Kodi. I have installed the factory dog grill and don't use a crate. I reckon you could easily get 2 similar sized large dogs in there and still have seating for 5 adults. Had it 3 years now and really pleased with it. Its a sort of poor mans Chelsea tractor and i get around 35mpg around town.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 12:44 PM
My mum had Vauxhall Zafira, ugler than sin, but fit 3 kids and dogs and luggage comfortably. you can also take seats out and flatten them and stuff so it's good in that respect. Now us kiddywinks are a bit older (i dont live there any more and my other sister is 19 so doens't need much driving around anymore) she has a BMW m5 estate. It's lush, and probably just as, if not more spacious. But i'm not sure i'd want to put muddy dogs in knowing the price tag!!!!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Dave said that's the Sonita, but it's a car and that's just the boot that's big and you can't really put a dog in the boot of a car..... or can you???
Hi They often go in the back of the car,I presume boot space
not as locking in a boot crystalgirl
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >