Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi Tang

The times I have been having a shower,and in my head had worked out what my day should be,in a past life,being a chartered accountant,get into the office,the phone starts ringing non stop,and I end up with umpteen new things plus the ones that I had thought about in the shower,its called ''sods law'' and happens every time when any one tries to be ultra efficient.crystalgirl
That is my life on a daily basis there, especially when my husband is home!!!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That is my life on a daily basis there, especially when my husband is home!!!
Hi Helena,I know how you feel,was just going to have a fry up ingredients singular,OH comes in is that for me,so I end up giving it to him and having a piece of toast,that sod law is following me about today as well as tang crystalgirl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Pat by the pool (table)

I hope the rest of the day goes better for you and you get that patio table and chairs by the end of it

Chris on the sofa (just a sofa)
For some reason your siggie line has me giggling like a schoolgirl here! (Hysteria setting in methinks!)

Helena was of course right - she could see the way it was going and so could I. And that's the time to rethink and best to just cancel the original plans and do it all another day instead of pushing it all back and then having one thing after another go awry.

It's almost like I am the catalyst for the disasters. On account of being so tired mentally, fractious, tired physically ergo CLUMSY.

I am pleased with the little patio set. It ain't new it's second hand but I tend to leave the stuff I've bought for rented accom behind (not my bed and sofas tho!) so don't want to pay a fortune. And it's just ME most of the time so one decent 4 seater and another smaller one to bring out if needed does the job.

Of course dunno why I bothered - we could seat about TEN of us round the pool table when I've moved it out onto the verandah!

Another PLUS for the day is I spent some time in a big pet shop I discovered over that side of the island waiting for the Auction Rooms to open. Found some dog treats Bella is actually CLAMOURING for! Yay! Rubbery bits of duck?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Pat by the pool (table), what a morning you've had but I have to say I know only too well what it is like when all well made plans go up in smoke.

Never mind, pour yourself a large drink, take your kindle and go and relax by the pool(table) .... I mean on the balcony.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2013, 04:47 PM
We're booking our flights as we speak to come and sit round the pool table.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
For some reason your siggie line has me giggling like a schoolgirl here! (Hysteria setting in methinks!)

Helena was of course right - she could see the way it was going and so could I. And that's the time to rethink and best to just cancel the original plans and do it all another day instead of pushing it all back and then having one thing after another go awry.

It's almost like I am the catalyst for the disasters. On account of being so tired mentally, fractious, tired physically ergo CLUMSY.

I am pleased with the little patio set. It ain't new it's second hand but I tend to leave the stuff I've bought for rented accom behind (not my bed and sofas tho!) so don't want to pay a fortune. And it's just ME most of the time so one decent 4 seater and another smaller one to bring out if needed does the job.

Of course dunno why I bothered - we could seat about TEN of us round the pool table when I've moved it out onto the verandah!

Another PLUS for the day is I spent some time in a big pet shop I discovered over that side of the island waiting for the Auction Rooms to open. Found some dog treats Bella is actually CLAMOURING for! Yay! Rubbery bits of duck?
Hi Tang Glad you got the patio set,so really today has'nt been a disaster,crystalgirl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Footnote to the previous. When I'd struggled it all up in the lift and got it out onto the verandah I was feeling quite pleased. I got a snack and a nice G&T to sit out at it.

Shoved my lappy back a bit and knocked the G&T over (missed the lappy and my phone THANK THE LORD) but went all over the sofa, floor and glass everywhere. I cleared all that up and poured another one. Sat down to make sure I hadn't lost all info on the phone after it was operated on. Decided to charge it and promptly knocked one of my solid glass photo frames off the glass shelves and THAT shattered everywhere too!

I took Bella for her last walk earlier than usual, got out of my clothes brought 2 pillows in and decided falling asleep in front of the telly was a great idea. Just dozed off when I was woken by one of my tenants holding out a carrier bag to me with his S bend broken in two bits inside it. I assured him I would find him a plumber today but he insisted I go down to his flat (next door) to see (see WHAT? The hole where it used to go of course duh!) OK there is a bit of a language barrier but I do know what an S bend or trap is and I don't need to see the hole where it used to fit to understand the problem - esp. if I am in a fluffy robe.

I've put out a call for a plumber or handyman but so far no response but it's early in the day yet.

Another lovely day - neighbour coming in to do some odd jobs for me and finance bod bloke coming later on to depress me about money.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:14 AM
If I were you T I think I'd retreat to my bedroom and have a duvet day! Personally I'm thinking of having a duvet weekend, sod the housework.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi Tang if you get through today unscathed,I would either buy a lottery ticket or have a spa day,because I think Murphy/Sod has you in his sights.crystalgirl
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2