Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Thanks for the kind thoughts Moet. And Congratulations on your achievements with your dogs.

It does occur to me that the distance might be not such a bad thing where my son is concerned. As I am always telling my kids 'you've got ONE OF THOSE MOTHERS - live with it!'

I would probably have been forcibly ejected from the ward by now after bombarding docs with questions etc.

He's 6'4" I can hardly scoop him up and march out with him (like I've done several times with dogs when I've not felt happy with the vet!)
Hi Tang didnt getting round to reading everything yesterday hope your son is A OK
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi All Special day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPvYqkz9sqE

Crystalgirl
Morning Crystal, what lovely dogs she has there, aren't they calm and relaxed, and so cleeeeean and shiny too, they brightened my day already, thanks for that

Hope you are doing well this morning, and maybe you've got the sunshine, cos we sure haven't
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Helena /morning all
Hopefully a better day weather wise than yesterday though doesn't look good at th moment
Great news re the van for Dave ,sounds like a plan there hope the boiler man turns wouldn't like to be him if he doesn't
Tangutica
My thoughts are with you and your son today (((hugs)))
Lynn
Hope alls good for you n Gorden today
Nippy
Do hope you managed to get some sleep take care
All those sick n ailing I hope your all better soon ,all doglets to of course
Think we could all do with 1of Malkas poems as it always makes me laugh n makes my day ( no offence Malka )
Mother Hubert's cupboard bare ,must do a shop today
Dogs out for a loooong walk ,whether they like it or not
Hope everyone has a good day what ever their up to
Sorry if I've missed anyone
Take care stay safe xxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2013, 08:00 AM

Trying to remember everyone/everything but lorst me marbles, but 'ere goes.

Nechda - good news about the van.

Pat - everything crossed for Martin.

Lynn - hope Gorden gets good news today.

Jenny - hope the mouthie ouchies feel better.

Gerry - congrats congrats congrats for the Crufts success.

Norma - did my ickle pome when bumpin' up de Steam Mop bonus fred.

Sorry for dem I fergotted.

Oh, and if anyone wants a rather norty dog called Pereg I will start packing her bags so I can go back to bed 'cos I finks I be poorly again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning Norma Enjoy a lovely long walk this morning, and I hope you don't get rained on, it's getting worse here now and poor Dave is out with Zena and he doesn't wrap up too well, he gets too hot, but Zena has her overalls on so she comes home nice and clean. You need a nice long walk to take away all those stresses you've had lately Norma.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Trying to remember everyone/everything but lorst me marbles, but 'ere goes.

Nechda - good news about the van.

Pat - everything crossed for Martin.

Lynn - hope Gorden gets good news today.

Jenny - hope the mouthie ouchies feel better.

Gerry - congrats congrats congrats for the Crufts success.

Norma - did my ickle pome when bumpin' up de Steam Mop bonus fred.

Sorry for dem I fergotted.

Oh, and if anyone wants a rather norty dog called Pereg I will start packing her bags so I can go back to bed 'cos I finks I be poorly again.
Morning grandma, oh I hope we won't have to move you to the sick bay too I shall check to see if there's a bed, cos it's pretty full atm, and we will need some extra space for Pereg so she can keep her eyes on you. I hope she's not being too norty for you this morning, as if!!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi All Yesterday had an incident with a cow,we live in rural wales opposite the cottage is abank,then a field full of cows,
and a busy A road.
Well I took my 2 down to the garden,the pup started barking,there was this cow standing on top of the bank out of its field very interested in the dogs.(it a long time since I trained to be a matador) he was balancing on the top in the rain traffic streaming by.My OH was out shopping,I just had visions of a massive accident,so got the dogs in Cow was still watching,decided if I get out on the field backing us and go down from that,I could get at it from the other end,took one crutch,the terrain was really bad,and Im not a 4x4,so passed our garden,then I had a small wood and I would be coming out some distance from the Cow.Not good at moving quickly,well I felt I was some distance,got out on the main road waving my crutch traffic slowed,walked up to where the cow,it was busy eating,then I thought what can I entice it with its not a horse.Then I heard a voice,Whoa Missus,and this guy had parked his trailer full of sheep outside my house,and had seen what was a really dangerous siuation,he was trying nt to laugh at me,What on earth were you going to do jump on the cow like in a rodeo.No hadnt thought it through.Stay here and Ill get some rope,I was thinking is the rope for me,but I was hanging on to a bush by now,and I was that close to thecow could hear it breathing,and I couldnt even milk it it was male.Anyway this bloke came back with a rope with a loop,told me too stay really still,when the cow had dipped its head,this guy got the rope on just loosely,he then gave me the end of the rope,he then went to the top of the bank straddled it asked me for the rope,there isno way I can throw that straight,so very quietly on my knees I managed to get close enough to the cow who was busy eating and then I was close enough to give this bloke the rope,he then popped over the hedge into the field,pulling the rope but not pulling it tight too quick or the cow would have resisted and there would have been a nasty accident,the next thing I knew was he Cows body brushing past mine,Im still on my knees hanging on to a bush,traffic still streaming by,the blokecame back no cow,he gave me a hand but then couldnt go forward,so it took a few minutes but i was back on the road,thecow was back in its field,and this guy just started laughing,you are so funny,trying to stop the traffic,then god no's what you were going to do with the cow, have you heard of 999 yes but,if that cow had lost it footing there would have been a major incident,so was going to try and get it back in the field.He said lets get you home,you are parked outside it,so he took my arm and got me home,he didnt stop,but by this time I was shaking all over.Just wishing I was at least 10 years younger,I would have shown that Cow who was Boss,by the time my OH was back I was in bed,told him,thought we could have a laugh about it,but he kept saying you could have been killed,you never learn and he was quite annoyed,where I could see the funny side and started laughing hysterically Men crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

I know half of you are in the sick bay, but hope you're all feeling a lot better this morning, and you certainly will be once the drugs trolley does the rounds!

Pat, I hope you managed a bit of sleep, even though you must be worried sick about your son today. It's going to be so very difficult for you being so far away. Has he got a phone number for his bed I wonder, you can maybe ring before he goes down for his op. All the best Pat, I'm sure all will be fine.xxx

Lynn, good luck for Gorden today on that job front, and now that there's a short list, it must be quite soon I'm sure.

Jen, hope your mouth doesn't hurt after all those extrationcs, and definitely not crunchy cereals for brekkie for you!!

All of you feeling poorly, get well soon.

My news is, Dave is definitely buying one of those vans, and we'll do it today over the phone. I can't understand why he didn't actually secure one yesterday, but he told the guy he wanted to discuss it with me first. The site is all good, nice and clean and tidy and quiet. The cheaper of the 2 vans has a couple in it who are upgrading to a bigger one, so if he goes for that, he's going to have to wait another 5 weeks, BUT, it's £3K cheaper and it's identical to the other one which is empty, but newer and he could move in it tomorrow. I've advised the cheaper option (cos of my Dunelm trips!!! ) We've worked out with everything, including gas, electric, the works it's only going to cost him £60 a week and he could stay in it as many nights as he needs during the week at no extra cost and that's been the whole name of the game all the way along. As for renting, I can't do it, because this chap does all the renting himself, and he says he has no call for week-enders, but we've deduced that's probably because of the particular type of people who would want a week-end away (if you catch my drift!!) But that doesn't matter, it's the cheapest and the best option. Yes, he's going to lose the capital over the years, but even when you add the amount on, over 10 years, we're still saving a packet compared to the current situation at the hotel, and a flat would have been horrendous, I'm so glad we never went for that one. It was fate that they were all so awful that he went right off that idea.

Anyway, got the boiler man coming this morning, so one of us is going to have to stay behind as he's an 8 - 1pm man, and hopefully, it'll be me, so that I can give my old legs a rest from all this walking. I'm working on it as I type!!!

Enjoy your day everyone, it'll soon be the week-end.
Hi Glad you have got the van,one less worry,have a lovely day I am going to be tortued soon,Hairdressers worse then a dentist,Im not one of these people that like being fussed over,drives me mad.Will drop in later crystalgirl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - what exciting news .... more visits to Dunelm .... oh I think I should be congratulating you the new van That will make such a difference to Dave having a proper base and £60 a week is incredibly cheap for 2-3-4 nights away Enjoy your walk with Zena. Good luck with the boiler man.

Lynn - I do hope you and Gorden hear something today regarding the job ...... you both seem to always be waiting on something .... so frustrating and stressful. ((hugs)).

Crystal - Thanks for the video clip - lovely dogs I hope you enjoy your day and see you later.

Tang - Everything crossed for your son (and you ) for his op today. I'm sure you'll keep us informed as and when you hear what is happening. ((hugs)).

Moet - Blooming heck your Crufts trip went fantastically well - congratulations I thought of you yesterday when my neighbour was loading her van up to set of for Birmingham. I hope you've got some photos to post later You must be absolutely delighted.

Norma - Hi and have a good day.

Very foggy/misty here this morning and heavy rain due to settle in for the day shortly . As soon as I can (boys only ate 1/2 hour ago) I'm going to take them out and do my shopping etc later.

Sally - I hope your cough isn't so bad this morning - I missed your post last night.

I also hope that all the people who are still in the Sick Room are feeling loads better - there are certainly lots of horrible bugs doing the rounds. My son went down with flu like symptoms 2 days ago but he's such a good patient and never moans just hibernates.

See you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Morning everyone, a very foggy morning out there this morning. Don't know what the forecast is. Have a good day all.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »