Our sister sites
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Morning Lynn/all
Glad to hear Gorden has some work lined up ,and clinic goes ok ,I hate needles
Helena
Hope you enjoy your walk I'm sure Zena will have lost tons with all the exercise you give her
Sal
These men of ours drive you blooming mad enjoy your shopping
Jenny g
Enjoy your visit to view your friends new horse
Madmare
Sorry to hear Kyiro,s not well hope all goes ok at vets and its nothing too serious big hugs to you both
Brierley
Hope your books arrive safely have a good day
Wet and overcast here ,better than the snow that was forecast
Not much going on here today ,same old some old
The hounds had me up at 5am no idea what that was all about ,folk further up the street having a party so maybe someone stumbling home in the wee small hours ???
Sorry if I've forgotten anyone
Have a good day all stay safe
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Good morning from a damp, dark, miserable Devon

Who remembers Mrs Dales Diary? "I'm worried about Jim" Well I'm worried about Brian. He was up in the night to put a sweater on he was so cold, yesterday he was very quiet and sat around all day. None of this is like Brian. He is never cold, when I say I am he asks what ever is the matter with me!
He has taken Pepsi out but says he probably won't go far. Hopefully he will feel better later in the day.

Bev I hope Kyiro is ok and that we get some good news later. Get well vibes are coming from us.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning fellow members what a miserable day,dark and wet.

I was woken in the night by a strange noise, at first I thought it was Chloe dreaming but she was fine when I put the light on. I then realised it was coming from the loft above my head quite loud and very scary . Is it a rat or bird I wonder, there is a hatch to put my head through and even a light up there but I am too scared to go and look.

Think I will shut myself in the kitchen, do some baking and try to forget about it

Enjoy your day everyone...
Meg
Supervisor

09-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning from a damp, dark, miserable Devon

Who remembers Mrs Dales Diary? "I'm worried about Jim" Well I'm worried about Brian. He was up in the night to put a sweater on he was so cold, yesterday he was very quiet and sat around all day. None of this is like Brian. He is never cold, when I say I am he asks what ever is the matter with me!
He has taken Pepsi out but says he probably won't go far. Hopefully he will feel better later in the day.

Bev I hope Kyiro is ok and that we get some good news later. Get well vibes are coming from us.
...yes I remember Mr Dale and Jim, rather 'stiff and starchy ' they were too

Poor Brian, I guess he has the dreaded man flu or a cold coming, lots of nice hot drinks and a bit of TLC should do the job Jenny
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Morning to all who have replied so far I will not reply individually as I have just received a phone call from Bev and she has asked me to update about Kyiro.
Sadly he had to be put to sleep. The vet thinks brain tumour or stroke. He was limping when Bev got up this morning so she thought it was to do with his toe but his left front and back leg stuck out when he tried to walk so she took him to the vets and sadly decided to say goodby as he was clearly suffering.
Bev will be along later to update or put a new thread up but she is at the moment trying to pull herself together to drive home. She has Charly at home when she gets back.

Big (((hugs))) to Bev and run free at the bridge Kyiro you have been such a brave boy lately.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Poor Gorden will be like a pin cushion soon with all the shots - I am not sure whether he needed any for Kazakhstan or not though - old age = memory loss for me these days.

Nechda - with all that walking and running about, Zena [and you] must be positively sylph-like now!

Sal - I certainly do not envy you with your O/H at the moment, but IIRC casts do tend to feel tight at first but as they fully dry out they loosen slightly. Pity about your car though - that is all you [do not] need now.

Bev - I do hope Kyiro is OK so sending {{{vibes}}} for the vet visit.

Everyone else - apologies if I have missed you but I am running rather late today having spend a couple of hours trying to find why Java will not re-install. Apparently there is a problem between Firefox and the Java update and I cannot as yet find out why - something about a file being corrupted and I think that could be the reason I am stuck on Chrome for Dogsey again - although everything else on Firefox is fine.

Still, once Effie brings the new special hard drive and then transfers all my backed-up stuff onto it, everything should be OK. I hope.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you have planned.

EDITED to add that the news about poor Kyiro was posted as I was typing. Poor Bev must be absolutely devastated.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Oh no, poor Bev and poor, poor Kyiro.

Run free brave boy. You put up one massive fight to get well after all your foot problems. You have some pain-free fun at the Bridge while you wait lovely boy.

Bev, you must be so devastated. Thinking of you xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Poor Kyiro, run free brave boy. Massive hugs from us all here Bev.
Was woken at just before 5am, so into the kitchen and small brekkie for them, cleared up 3 perfect poos and then went back for more sleep. They woke me again just before 8am. As Keshi is at the vets for her 2nd vax today I didn't mind too much as if they had been an hour later they wouldn't have got 2nd half of their brekkie. Fed girlies, cleared more poo's changed paper and pads, put them on the fire and had a cup of tea and another hour. Am now on my way outside to clear yard and clean up, babies can then go out earlier than the norm and I can crack on with the kitchen and crate and then have an hour for myself before setting off to the vets, the appointments at 2pm, so not rushing about.
Feels quite cold and damp here this morning, red sky is not good news because it does mean rain. I was watching Countryfile last week and they had the weatherman on going through the old sayings and whether they were rubbish or not, and the red sky one is true and he explained why, something to do with the sun reflecting on crystals I think
We have snow forecast for tomorrow, and I had planned to go and get my micro simcard then. You don't have to pay for parking on a Sunday and I really begrudge having to pay so much for half an hour to nip in and out, so I never go into Bolton now except on a Sunday if I really have to. When I first came here it was lovely, lots of little independent shops and a victorian market hall with more little shops, all that has been swept away, just chain stores now, no character and high parking charges. So, like many others, I have voted with my feet. I go to Bury now because although it does have the large stores, it has also kept the outdoor market and indoor market more or less the same.
Heard from Che's family yesterday, they have sent me piccies which I will put up when I have them on photobucket. The dog that ate the sock has pulled through, one part of the sock was in the bowel and one part wasn't and they ended up having to take 6cm of intestine away, worst still by the time he was actually diagnosed they were in out of hours time to do the op and the bill is large shall we say she says thank goodness she is with Petplan as they settle the bill direct. I would imagine they will pick him up today.
Hope Gordon goes OK with the jabs Lynn, like everyone says it is a nice little earner for him, and best of all he won't lose any money from over here. Now he has the jabs he will be able to take any other jobs like that as well straight away without having to go to the Travel Clinic.
Sally you go out shopping and stay out for as long as it is physically possible.
Malka I hope you sort your computer problems out this morning and you can get back on here as often as you are able to.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all

Can't stop have to take Kyiro to vets now as something has happened during the night. He can barely walk a few steps and then seems like he can't co=ordinate his legs on his left side. He is either in a huge amount of pain or has had some kind of stroke.
I will update you all later.
Bev, I can't believe it Words cannot express how sorry I am for you after everything that has happened regarding getting Kyiro sorted. Whatever catastrophic event he suffered must have happened so quickly. Run free Kyiro and well done Bev for giving him a wonderful pain-free time that he enjoyed so recently. (((hugs))).
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members what a miserable day,dark and wet.

I was woken in the night by a strange noise, at first I thought it was Chloe dreaming but she was fine when I put the light on. I then realised it was coming from the loft above my head quite loud and very scary . Is it a rat or bird I wonder, there is a hatch to put my head through and even a light up there but I am too scared to go and look.

Think I will shut myself in the kitchen, do some baking and try to forget about it

Enjoy your day everyone...
Ooh how frightening Possibly a squirrel as they make a hell of racket and can squeeze in the smallest of gaps. Hopefully whatever it is will find its way out and leave you in peace. I don't blame you for not wanting to put your head through the loft hatch because if it is still in there it could try and make its escape through the hatch

I tried to walk the dogs this morning but ended up taking shelter behind a neighbours gate and calling my OH to come and collect me. I had only walked about 200yrds up from my house and I could hear a voice some way off shouting. I walked over the white bridge by us to see two greyhounds sprinting flat out coming my way about 100yrds away. Thank god I decided to take the action I did which was to run in the opposite direction (dragging my boys) and go into a neighbours garden and close the 5-bar gate. I had just slammed the gate when they appeared. Unfortunately a black cat chose that moment to run across the road and one of the greyhounds grabbed it and tossed it into the air I screamed and fortunately the cat ran off in the direction of the river bank. I felt absolutely sick and certainly wasn't going to open the gate until I knew that these out-of-control dogs had been caught.

OH collected me and we drove round the estate and couldn't see the dogs, just other neighbours who had seen them racing around.

I've sent an email out to all residents mentioning about the black cat.

Think I'll wait for an hour or so before I venture out again.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »