View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Well I was quite amused anyway - just picturing it in my mind from your description!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I really wish you had video of that Annie!

My boys have all viewed their bum burps with distaste!

Scooby has an odd habit. He has basically learnt to sit in the doorway of the spare room first thing in the morning. He waits for me to come out of the bath room then prods the back of my legs and pounces on my feet all the way to the kitchen to get his breakfast. Woe betide me if I'm not quick enough! On top of that when he first came home he used to bark for his dinner. We worked on stopping his barking but did allow a certain level of noise as he wasn't capable of not barking. He now sings for his food, it's not a howl and it's not a bark, it's like he's humming and muttering at the same time...

Malcolm trims his own nails as well, I'm quite relieved really since it means I don't have to.

My old dog Bob used to nudge things with his nose. He loved things that wobbled and would nudge them, watch them, nudge them, watch them. He'd do it all day!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well I was quite amused anyway - just picturing it in my mind from your description!
It was hilarious and carried out every evening and only in the evenings, never at any other time.

Bizarre
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Another of Freya's more annoying habits.. after reading Wyrekins post, she likes to nose nudge things too. She uses her nose to turn on our touch bedside lamps when she thinks it's time we were up. Failing that ploy she uses her nose to flip the duvet off of us.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I also knew shepherd who came in to rescue at 11 years old. She wouldn't squeeze squeaky toys she'd squish them with her nose against the floor. Whenever a dog went home we would let her go in to their room and sort through the toys. She'd squish them and if they squeaked she'd scoop them up and take them back to her room, if not she'd leave them and move on to the next one.

She was a lovely dog but sadly passed away a year after being handed in, she never found a home
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Wyrekin little Bella never makes her squeak toys squeak by biting them. She holds them down on the floor with one paw and thumps them really hard and rapidly with the other paw. Seems to know just where to thump to make it squeak! Everyone finds that highly amusing.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Wyrekin little Bella never makes her squeak toys squeak by biting them. She holds them down on the floor with one paw and thumps them really hard and rapidly with the other paw. Seems to know just where to thump to make it squeak! Everyone finds that highly amusing.
Haha brilliant! I love the way her mind works. Bella and Abby would have made quite a pair
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Our old GSD used to run off with one of Mum's slippers. Poor Mum always had odd slippers cause Cleo would go and bury them.

Dougal, if he thinks you aren't paying him attention will either a) stomp his feet and whuff at you, or b) (while you are standing up) come up behind you and stick his head between your legs, rather disconcerting when you are carrying something at the time!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
(while you are standing up) come up behind you and stick his head between your legs, rather disconcerting when you are carrying something at the time!
This is Freya's fav move when trying to rid herself of her head collar.. i'm only 5ft 1.. so she has me on tip toes

Brilliant stories everyone.. keep em coming!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2