Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Morning Lynn, Morning All

We have got a lot of snow here today. I only have one client's dog scheduled for a walk today but her owner has cancelled as she cannot get to work today so I will only be going out with Max and he loves the snow We only had a bit of snow last year in the February and he missed out on playing in that because it was when he had torn his claw off at the time so he is really making up for it this time. The chickens however are not enjoying it and have not left their run in days

Have a good day all and stay safe if you have to venture out
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Cold here, and icy.
Had an hour watching the tennis before I start on the chores,& running around after O/H.
Again he had a rough night last night.

Nothing much planned for today apart from the usual,

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Morning everyone

And what a snowy morning it is! I had a lovely walk with Loki this morning - he will miss the snow when it eventually goes (there may be more coming though!). He has somehow scratched his head during the night and there is a nasty looking raw patch under the fur.

We were finally told the school is closed early this morning. I feel for people who work and who only found out at the last minute that they needed a day off or find child care. I rang one of the families this morning to let them know it was closed and they have no possibility of alternative child care. Imagine how many parents are having to take a spontaneous day off work today!

The main roads are really good - and quiet - so Steve is going to work on his motorbike. It's just the side roads that are nasty - our neighbour had to dig a path out this morning.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

I managed another sleep after Pereg's pill again today and had just opened the door to let her out when the bin men arrived - a day late as sometimes happens, and I got the usual waves and big smiles from all the guys and a toot on the horn from the driver! Good thing I had not only put my dressing gown on but it was fully buttoned up!

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my Little One leaving me so I am feeling a bit teary. I miss her every day but sometimes it hits hard.

Anyhow, I am going to buzz across the road now before Xanadu's batteries run out as I need courgettes and pumpkin, and then I will put him on charge, so I will be back later to catch up on everything.

Keep warm and if you really have to go out, keep safe.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone xxx

Loads of snow here, the weather knocked the Sky TV signal off last night so that turned Pat's life support machine off
(bad mood or what)

Well I have managed to get it up and running using the Skyweb site just can not get 101 102 103 & 104 as yet.

People are digging their cars out here, upto now two of them have taken over half an hour and the cars are still stuck...personally I'd give up

Had to dig the rabbit & guineapigs cage out this morning (second morning running) thankfully they are well covered over. Schools are shut so later we will be off walking the dogs somewhere. Not sure how things are going for Pat he has gone into work but the buses were stopped Saturday and Yesterday midday. However Birmingham airport has re-open and the odd plane is taking off

Take care folks and keep safe and warm xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:52 AM

I just cannot believe these snow stories We are such a small country, comparatively, and yet other that just a few flakes in the wind on Thurs we have had nothing here
It is still below freezing, see my pic in "other pets"
Stay safe everyone
Meg
Supervisor

21-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning fellow members cold and grey again here.

My TV went off yesterday , a message said 'no signal' so I pulled out the aerial from the recorder and water ran out which was a bit scary . I think my 40 year old aerial cable may need replacing so am waiting for 'a man' to ring.

I am now heartily sick of the snow as is Chloe. Thank goodness I stocked up well with provisions so have lots of food and the milkman still gets through in his little lorry.
I haven't seen a postman delivering since Thursday and when I posted a letter yesterday in the box by the church there had been no collection since Thursday either.

Roll on spring. I think I will go and make some bread to cheer things up .

Stay safe everyone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Morning all
Hope everyone had a good night and all poorly dogies are feeling.better
Snowing thick and fast here with a wind behind it so lots of drifts
Got woken up a 4am by cats skirling in the garden Gemma going daft with the noise
Afraid to say got up and let her out they soon scarpered (I'm a nasty person ,sorry anyone that's got cats )
Back to bed didn't surface till nearly 9
Boring housework to day mite try to venture out later
Stay safe driving or dog walking everyone

Malka
Big hugs winging their way to you from us here xxxxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Morning everyone

It's an age since I was on here early enough to join in this thread and may be another age till the next one .

lots of snow here and still falling fast. Was very worried earlier about daughter who is a physio at the hospital in Harrogate (terrible journey from here to there with snow in the mix) but she's texted to say she has arrived. Mobiles really come into their own at times like this
Sooo, hope everyone has a safe day and that it's a good one.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Horrible here, just about had enough of this snow, its not good is it

Hope all those who are poorly and have poorly dogs soon feel better.

If you have to go out, be careful and stay safe xx
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »