View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning fellow members it is very dark and fine snow is falling.

Helena -you have got us all worried I hope Dave is ok .
Chris - you must be relieved Rosie is improving .

I have got another pan of marmalade boiling away, the new muslin didn't arrive so I am using an old linen tea towel. I hope it won't make the finished product taste funny .

Have a pleasant day everyone and stay safe...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Morning All xx

Hope Dave is ok H.... ((((hugs))))

Hope everyone stays safe x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I had terrible problems getting to grips with crutches when I broke my ankle. I found them a lot easier when I adjusted the height and found them a lot easier once that was done.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2013, 11:26 AM
OMG Helena, hope everythings OK up your end, you're the one keeping us all going here, (well me at any rate) let us know what's happened, worried for you.
No dire rear or anything else from Sasha this morning. She had me awake at 7am and then the others started, so got up, put the kettle on and gave them all early brekkie, girlies outside were up then, so they had early brekkie as well.
Mixed blessings on the puppy pads. Took a mug of tea back to the couch and dropped off, woke up to daylight and all very quiet, which is ominous....but no everyone asleep and a couple of firm poos on the pads, nothing from Sasha still, got to be good news this has hasn't it. Changed puppy pads and then I see Che, and he has the squits, so I know who to watch now. Everyone still as lively as ever. Sasha has definitely grown because 2 minutes ago she appeared on the couch next to me, she couldn't do that a couple of days ago. She is making good inroads with the empty box, and when I was doing the fire there was a piece of charred wood (cold I may add)on the hearth and she ran off with it and has been eating it, definitely self medicating here, she knows what she needs, am giving them all carbo veg, they are such fiddly things that I am dropping more of them than actually dispensing, have now run out, and it will have to wait till tomorrow as it is free parking on a Sunday in Bolton and nothing like as busy as a Saturday.
My dire rear tablets haven't arrived as yet, was hoping they would be here this morning. I feel if I can dry them up I may get somewhere. Am going in Pets@Home so will also look for charcoal biscuits when I get them some more tripe
Glad to hear Rosie has had a good night, was wondering if there could be some sort of abcess or something at the base of her tail actually inside her maybe?
Taffsmum, sorry to hear you have it now, with yours being older you will probably just find it is a 24 hour thing.
Glad Kyiro has had a little walk and enjoyed himself.
SASHA FIX
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi folks, just quickly popping in whilst Dave is hoovering!

I'm afraid he's finally hit rock bottom, terrible state he was in when I got up this morning, crying his eyes out, he needs my support now, so I'm afraid I won't be on here until hopefully this evening when I've got him back on track. Poor poor Dave, it's so unfair and to see him like this is heartbreaking for me.xxx Thanks guys.xxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2013, 11:33 AM
'morning all

That picture of Sasha is so nice, I do hope she's over the worst with that illness whatever it was.

best wishes to all out there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Helena, I am so sorry Dave is in this state, he has obviously been bottling it all up for quite a while, and like you say he has hit rock bottom this morning. I am thinking of you both today and hope you come up with some solutions, it was all sounding so positive for you earlier on in the week, low VAT bill and a decision on Dave's living arrangements when he's at work. Big hugs from us all here, and puppy kisses and woo's from Sasha, Ash, Keshi and Che. Cariad, Lona and Mabs send you woo woo's and slobbers
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm afraid I've logged on just to see if Helena had posted but I haven't had time to read anyone else's posts as a friends due here shortly for lunch. Not sure how long they are staying but I'll drop in again asap.

Helena - I am so sorry for you and Dave . All you can really do is just be there for him if he wants to chat. Poor man, this blooody recession etc stinks. ((hugs)) for you to keep strong for him. I've been in the same situation as you Helena and all I can say is that once they really hit rock bottom they do climb back up. Thank goodness you are there to be his 'rock'.

Stay safe in all the snow and ice.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:55 AM
So so sorry to hear about Dave, Helena. I hope with your support you can get him back on track a bit. Life's a bi*ch at the moment isn't it? The harder you work the worse it gets (((hugs to you both)))
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh my goodness Helena, tell Dave that the only way now is up. I can sympathise but there is light at the end of the tunnel, it will take time but things will get better. Meanwhile my thoughts are with you and my prayers.

Dougal and I had just the nicest walk I've had in a while, I usually take him out when I get in from work and it's either approaching dark or already dark, so this morning was a nice change. We went to the sluice, spoke to a pony (well I did, Dougal barked at me cause I stopped walking for a couple of minutes), then I saw a heron on the sluice, even better saw it flying away, they just look so beautiful when they fly, and the sun was out with a teeny tiny bit of warmth in it which was nice on my back walking back home. It was nice, fresh and Dougal is now pooped and snoring.

Don't have to go anywhere now for a couple of hours cause I'm taking OH up the street so he can a) fix a computer and b) go watch Celtic play in the pub. To be fair he hasn't really been out for ages and has been trying really hard with housework, dinners, trying to do something about his health. So I don't grudge him this one afternoon Also means I can get on with ironing and things without him getting in the road

This last couple of days he has been a lot happier than he's been in ages, it's so nice.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »