Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

Back to a dreary morning and rain today but Loki has been fit-free since yesterday - yay! Thanks for thinking about him!

Back later - I must try to do some quick Christmas shopping this morning if I can bear it.

xxx
Morning Linda Great news about Loki

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning all!

I am sitting here in great anticipation as I had a telephone call about 15 minutes ago to say that the couch is on its way and will be here shortly! Problem - where am I going to put Pereg out of their way so they can bring it in?!

Ooer - supposing it is not brown after all... [Do not think about it Malka, do not think about it]

Better give the floor another sweep!
Morning Grandma See, they felt really sorry for you after your telephone calls, and they've now put their act together and you are high priority. I hope you like the shade of chocolate, maybe we can have a piccy when it's finally been put into position, and good luck with that bit too, watch them like a hawk!!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all,

Fingers crossed for Loki

Malka, way to go, new sofa ............ hopefully.

Its wet and dreary here today,

Have a productive one all, and stay safe
Morning Jackie Yes, we're back to all the wet and mud here too this morning, just when they'd promised me a whole month of the dry crispy stuff. Zena will be in overalls from this day forward

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning all,

What a dank Monday morning but a least it feels considerably warmer. Helena, I hope your headache has gone by the time you are reading this. Bev, good luck at the dentist. Chris, I hope Gary is moved nearer to you very soon it must be so hard on you.
Housework, washing, ironing etc for me today , and of course, walk the dogs I still haven't even started my Xmas shopping so sometime this week I must make a start.

I opened the door into the garden last night around 11 to find it was raining lightly and the dogs shot down the 8 steps from our house. Convinced they were on the heels of a fox I followed them down. OMG ... I put my foot on the top brick step and it was black ice. I sort of fell, slipped, ran (all at the same time) down the steps with legs going in every direction. I was fine but a little surprised to say the least. If someone had videoed seen me it would have made 'you've been framed'.

I hope today brings positive things to you all.
See you all later.
Morning Jenny LOL at you there last night down those steps, and hopefully, we're allowed to laugh cos you don't seem to have done any damage to yourself Bet that was soooooo funny to watch though, definitely would have made you've been framed Headache now gone after a morning walk thanks! Enjoy your day
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh dear ( )Jenny, no I'm not really laughing, hope you are alright now.
You are evil laughing at poor Jenny [I only had a little snigger, honest ]

Hope you are OK Jenny - maybe take a torch next time? Just make sure that in the future you

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
'morning Helena and all above

We have +1 C at the moment but it was - 6 C during the night so quite a bit of ice around, OH is going out latter but they have already been down our road with the gritter so hopefully she should be OK.

Jenny, you can buy 'anti-slip' tape from people like Screwfix and a few strips on those steps might be a good idea, it's no joke when you fall, I did it on some wet grass a few years ago and broke my leg and I know someone on here who did much worse.

Hope you all have a good day and if you're into internet shopping (I've given up on it now ) then today is going to be the busiest in the year so expect a few 'server overloads'
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good morning all Dogsey peops

Was having a really vivid dream after being woken up at 5.30 by Zena on the move, so must have fallen back into a really deep sleep, but then she woke me up again at 7 making some strange noise as she got out of bed, so I think she must have been dreaming too. I always wake up with a headache when something has actually woken me up, so hopefully it'll go soon.

It's been raining all night, so we're back to the mud again, and it's looking very dull and dark out there, so that nice crisp spell didn't last long did it. Some of you might have had snow up North

I hope Loki and Pereg are back to normal today, and still thinking of you there Chris and hope you get a good result this week and get Gary moved nearer to home. Really miss you on here Lynn, so I'm hoping there's a new pc coming soooooon

Somehow, it really does feel like a Monday, so we'd better get it over with, enjoy yours
Sorry H, I didn't catch that you had a headache. I'm glad it has gone - the walk does sometimes help, doesn't it?

Ooh Malka, I have everything crossed that your nice chocolate chair will come and be the right shade of chocolate (not white chocolate! )
xxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Good morning all.

Well, a busy, busy morning so far even though my sister is visiting today.

Thanks to a lovely lady on here (and thanks for the pm in case you didn't see my post yesterday - it has been a godsend), I have phoned the hospital twice this morning. I'm still awaiting a call regarding seeing Gary's consultant, but my second call was to the ward. I told them that others have suffered very similar symptoms to Gary after starting on Keppra medication. I also told them that I have now read the side effects this drug can cause (thanks again, lovely lady ):

Keppra XR® can cause serious side effects. Call your doctor right away if you get any of these symptoms:

mood and behavior changes such as aggression, agitation, anger, anxiety, apathy, mood swings, depression, hostility, and irritability. A few people may get psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are really not there), delusions (false or strange thoughts or beliefs) and unusual behavior.
extreme sleepiness, tiredness, and weakness
problems with muscle coordination (problems walking and moving)
They are now ringing the neurologist rather than the duty doctors for advice and are looking at another MRI scan.

As my sister has just said, if it does turn out to be the drug, it's a bit of a ****** that you have to get info from the internet to sort it rather than it being picked up on straight away in the hospital

Anyway, for the first time in two weeks and after a really horrible time yesterday when I visited, I feel more positive. I was really worried that the next move would turn out to be to a psychiatric ward, but now, well.............. phew! (I hope)

Apologies for not getting too involved in the daily threads (apart from to off-load and think out loud), but what a godsend for places like this where people are so willing to help and advise others xx

Have a good 'un all
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I hope it goes well Brierly - look up the side effects on the internet for Keppra - it lists numerous things such as mood and behaviour changes, aggression, seeing or hearing things that aren't really there etc.

Big hugs and I hope they sort this out.
x

ETA - oh I'm so dim you have posted it already. Sorry hun, I'm not with it this morning. (Blush!)

xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all
Gosh what a morning,we all overslept so it was panic stations

Damp morning here,although it's stopped raining now and warmer here this morning

Luke has an appointment at the dentist this morning after suffering toothache all weekend and been in constant pain with it

Nothing much planned for today,

I hope those that are feeling poorly get better soon and the poorly doggies too,

Chris I hope you get some good news about Gary today x

Have a good day all x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Chris that is absolutely shocking - you would have thought that the consultant should have been aware of the possible side effects of Keppra. I do hope it is sorted out and that Gary can be moved to the hospital nearer you.

(((hugs))) xx
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning All,
Wet old day!!! Dogs seem quite happy , Got them a new bed yesterday!!!I have a cage in my bedroom and they now prefer to snuggle up in it togther with all there blankets & there THUNDERCOATS on, Thats good as Eller is Getting away from me as she is so clingy
Luck with all your pets.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Helena and all above

We have +1 C at the moment but it was - 6 C during the night so quite a bit of ice around, OH is going out latter but they have already been down our road with the gritter so hopefully she should be OK.

Jenny, you can buy 'anti-slip' tape from people like Screwfix and a few strips on those steps might be a good idea, it's no joke when you fall, I did it on some wet grass a few years ago and broke my leg and I know someone on here who did much worse.

Hope you all have a good day and if you're into internet shopping (I've given up on it now ) then today is going to be the busiest in the year so expect a few 'server overloads'
Morning Harvey That tape sounds good, and I noticed B&Q also do an anti-slip step paint, so I might well be getting myself a big tin of that for my back steps. I could always let her out the back via the conservatory though if things got really bad. You stay safe in that icy weather H, ours has changed back to mud!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Sorry H, I didn't catch that you had a headache. I'm glad it has gone - the walk does sometimes help, doesn't it?

Ooh Malka, I have everything crossed that your nice chocolate chair will come and be the right shade of chocolate (not white chocolate! )
xxx
Thanks Linda, I'm back on top form again now, nothing survives long inside me before it finds its escape!!!

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Well, a busy, busy morning so far even though my sister is visiting today.

Thanks to a lovely lady on here (and thanks for the pm in case you didn't see my post yesterday - it has been a godsend), I have phoned the hospital twice this morning. I'm still awaiting a call regarding seeing Gary's consultant, but my second call was to the ward. I told them that others have suffered very similar symptoms to Gary after starting on Keppra medication. I also told them that I have now read the side effects this drug can cause (thanks again, lovely lady ):

They are now ringing the neurologist rather than the duty doctors for advice and are looking at another MRI scan.

As my sister has just said, if it does turn out to be the drug, it's a bit of a ****** that you have to get info from the internet to sort it rather than it being picked up on straight away in the hospital

Anyway, for the first time in two weeks and after a really horrible time yesterday when I visited, I feel more positive. I was really worried that the next move would turn out to be to a psychiatric ward, but now, well.............. phew! (I hope)

Apologies for not getting too involved in the daily threads (apart from to off-load and think out loud), but what a godsend for places like this where people are so willing to help and advise others xx

Have a good 'un all
Morning Chris, and thank goodness for that pm or e-mail whatever it was you got, now you can get stuck into sorting out that medication for poor Gary. Imagine the poor people who don't have anyone to do it for them hey? I'll be one of those sadly

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Helena,Morning all
Gosh what a morning,we all overslept so it was panic stations

Damp morning here,although it's stopped raining now and warmer here this morning

Luke has an appointment at the dentist this morning after suffering toothache all weekend and been in constant pain with it

Nothing much planned for today,

I hope those that are feeling poorly get better soon and the poorly doggies too,

Chris I hope you get some good news about Gary today x

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal Hope you get poor Luke sorted at the dentists today, nothing quite like toothache is there. Enjoy a quiet(ish) day then Sal.

Originally Posted by johnboy999 View Post
Good morning All,
Wet old day!!! Dogs seem quite happy , Got them a new bed yesterday!!!I have a cage in my bedroom and they now prefer to snuggle up in it togther with all there blankets & there THUNDERCOATS on, Thats good as Eller is Getting away from me as she is so clingy
Luck with all your pets.
Morning joohnboy good luck with that cage snuggling, that should cure Eller of this separation anxiety, she will now prefer her cage companion to you hopefully and you can then get out whenever you want without any worries. All the best with that, and glad to hear they're still doing well. I'm just giving my girl a 5 day course and she's on her 3rd day now, so hopefully, she'll be fine again by the end of hers.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »