View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Nechda - it is not the the Shopping Channel who are messing me about - I have nothing but good things to say about their service and the products I have bought from them. It is the [now] two suppliers who "all of a sudden" do not have a brown couch to supply.

I do not want a black couch, or a white one, or a red one, or a blue one, or a green one, I want the brown couch that I ordered. Twice. Two different couches from two different suppliers. I mean heck, I have just bought two brown/beige throws for it. At the moment it is just too much for me to cope with.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Good morning fellow members I can't believe it is dry for the first time in 8 days. The mud is still with us though and my first job this morning was to wash a ton of dog towels.
Chloe really needs a bit of a trim but it is too cold to stand in the garage doing her at the moment.

I really must do some cleaning today, the house is looking a mess. It is tempting to sit here all day and do nothing else though .

Lynn I hope Gordon had a safe journey,

Linda I hope little Carys is better,

Chris I hope your son is getting better,

Malka I find it disgraceful that you have received such poor service and still don't have your sofa after all these months . Do you have anything like a Trading Standards department over there.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Big smile for Lynn and DD for your reunions.

Good luck for your sister's operation moetmum.
Hugs madmare for poor Kyiro's foot and I hope Charly is okay.

Oh Malka, I can't believe this latest episode with the chair. That is very poor service indeed.

Good luck Loki at the vets. I'm glad she has her favourite.

Aw Mini we have more rain - argh!

Carys is still off school with this amoxicillin reaction/allergy thing. I think the rash is fading though, although it is very itchy. If there are no other complications she should be okay to go back tomorrow. She hates being off school. She still has that cough rattly chest though.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Morning, folks.

We had a bit of a disaster yesterday. Found out we couldn't get out of the back garden because it seems the gate, which was damaged by someone who tried to break at the rear of the house, has now reached the point where the hinges are too buckled for it to open.

We don't use the front door, and it couldn't be opened because the (very large) sofa was almost touching it. We've had to move the sofa and stand it up on one end against the wall so that we can get in and out until we can get the back gate sorted out.

I'm trying to work out a new layout for the room so that the sofa can be used whilst allowing access to the front door, but because it's so big and there is now Guinness's large crate to consider as well (he wasn't with us when the sofa was originally placed against the door), I can't for the life of me see how it can be done.

I'm not very happy about it at all. The sofa has been there for years (since some idiot tried to smash the front door down looking for a guy he'd had an argument with and got the wrong house). Since the door has been effectively barricaded for a long time, I now feel very exposed with it in use again. The problem is, I can't let on because Jon suffers from paranoia and I don't want to set him off.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
:39: Helloooooooooooo here I am!

Wow it's chilly out there brrrrrr

Harvey, hospitals are the most unhealthy places there are. If there is a virus, you will catch it in hospital

It sounds like a day of ironing because thats what I've got planned. So much excitement, not sure I can take it all.

I hope you are all well and that that couch arrives safely Malka.
See ya all later x
Morning Jen Oh wow, you're in for an exciting morning there then with all the ironing, I'm busy polishing, it doesn't get much better than that does it! Where did our lives go???

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Nechda - it is not the the Shopping Channel who are messing me about - I have nothing but good things to say about their service and the products I have bought from them. It is the [now] two suppliers who "all of a sudden" do not have a brown couch to supply.

I do not want a black couch, or a white one, or a red one, or a blue one, or a green one, I want the brown couch that I ordered. Twice. Two different couches from two different suppliers. I mean heck, I have just bought two brown/beige throws for it. At the moment it is just too much for me to cope with.
I can imagine it's stressing you out there grandma, it would do me too *sigh*. Who would have thought that two companies then could get it so very wrong deep breaths then grandma, sit yourself down with a nice cuppa and pick up the phone when you feel ready to do so, meanwhile have some ((((((hugs)))))) from us. Not good is it xxxx

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members I can't believe it is dry for the first time in 8 days. The mud is still with us though and my first job this morning was to wash a ton of dog towels.
Chloe really needs a bit of a trim but it is too cold to stand in the garage doing her at the moment.

I really must do some cleaning today, the house is looking a mess. It is tempting to sit here all day and do nothing else though .

Lynn I hope Gordon had a safe journey,

Linda I hope little Carys is better,

Chris I hope your son is getting better,

Malka I find it disgraceful that you have received such poor service and still don't have your sofa after all these months . Do you have anything like a Trading Standards department over there.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Morning Mini Yes, poor washing machines at the moment with all these wet, muddy towels, I keep putting mine on "bulky" but of course, it doesn't spin them enough, so I then have to cross my fingers and put them on an 800 and see what happens! I might put mine on the line today cos the sun is shining, it'll take the edge off them for the tumble which costs a fortune for towels

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Big smile for Lynn and DD for your reunions.

Good luck for your sister's operation moetmum.
Hugs madmare for poor Kyiro's foot and I hope Charly is okay.

Oh Malka, I can't believe this latest episode with the chair. That is very poor service indeed.

Good luck Loki at the vets. I'm glad she has her favourite.

Aw Mini we have more rain - argh!

Carys is still off school with this amoxicillin reaction/allergy thing. I think the rash is fading though, although it is very itchy. If there are no other complications she should be okay to go back tomorrow. She hates being off school. She still has that cough rattly chest though.
Morning Linda (have I said that already )Oh dear, poor Carys still. You want to watch that amoxycillin one there Linda, especially if she's having a rash as a reaction, because, this is the very same ab that I got the anaphactic shock from and YET, I had been taking it many times over the years and once had a rash, so please be careful and keep a very strict eye on her. I don't want to frighten you of course, but it needs mentioning.xxx

Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Morning, folks.

We had a bit of a disaster yesterday. Found out we couldn't get out of the back garden because it seems the gate, which was damaged by someone who tried to break at the rear of the house, has now reached the point where the hinges are too buckled for it to open.

We don't use the front door, and it couldn't be opened because the (very large) sofa was almost touching it. We've had to move the sofa and stand it up on one end against the wall so that we can get in and out until we can get the back gate sorted out.

I'm trying to work out a new layout for the room so that the sofa can be used whilst allowing access to the front door, but because it's so big and there is now Guinness's large crate to consider as well (he wasn't with us when the sofa was originally placed against the door), I can't for the life of me see how it can be done.

I'm not very happy about it at all. The sofa has been there for years (since some idiot tried to smash the front door down looking for a guy he'd had an argument with and got the wrong house). Since the door has been effectively barricaded for a long time, I now feel very exposed with it in use again. The problem is, I can't let on because Jon suffers from paranoia and I don't want to set him off.
Morning Bek What a paraphernalia for you there with that gate. If you want to sort the lounge out, my advice would be to do what I did here when we moved, I measured everything precisely that I wanted here, there and everywhere, rather than start humping stuff about only to find it didn't fit! So if you get the tape measure out on that couch, you can see where it will and won't fit. Best of British! Hope it hasn't worn you out all that moving stuff about.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning Helena and all,

What a lot is happening in peoples lives a the moment .... nightmare. I wish each and every one of you a calmer day, with good news all round

I think I'm going mad because I came on site here this morning and thought I'd posted a hello .... clearly not A 'boring' day for me today, but that word is music to my ears I really want a quiet day when I can just get a few jobs done, but not too many

I'll drop by later after I've walked the dogs. Take care and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Afternoon Jenny Yes, I'd agree with that one a boring day is a good day, it means you've gotta actually look for something to do, and if you can't be bothered, then don't!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Now they tell me that the supplier does not have it in brown and they will refund my money.

But it still shows on their website as being available in brown.
Malka, this has happened to me too, it seems that in these days of internet shopping no one bothers to check that the stock situation matches what the web site is saying.

I don't know about your country but in England I'm convinced that part of the problem is that many web sites are created and maintained by companies that are NOT part of the supplier, i.e. they are independant IT companies who are always chasing new business, if one of their customers rings up and says "We've run out of brown sofas can you delete that image from the web site" they'll either reply OK and then forget all about it OR they'll say that'll cost another £X hundred pounds, so then someone has to make a case and take it to the financial controller and get permission to spend £X hundred.

So what happens no one does anything and the sales people just take the order (and most importantly the money) and then some days / weeks latter they tell the customer it's not available in that colour.

I've more or less given up on ordering over the internet now, too many cases of bad packaging, wrong post code ('cos mine doesn't look like the typical UK ones) stuff being out of stock and taking months to come in, the list goes on, not to mention all the fraud and identity theft that is going on.

Now, if there's something I want I put it on my list and I go to a physical location and I ask the sales staff to put it on the counter, I inspect it, and if it meets my requirements I buy it and these days I pay cash too 'cos I don't trust these credit card companies either
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Morning Linda (have I said that already )Oh dear, poor Carys still. You want to watch that amoxycillin one there Linda, especially if she's having a rash as a reaction, because, this is the very same ab that I got the anaphactic shock from and YET, I had been taking it many times over the years and once had a rash, so please be careful and keep a very strict eye on her. I don't want to frighten you of course, but it needs mentioning.xxx

Thanks H - don't worry, it's not a groundhog day moment.

I am keeping a very close eye on her. She's never had antibiotics before so it's a bit worrying. My dad had a bad reaction to the same ones earlier in the year.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Morning all - Hubby arrived home safe and sound and boy does he know the way to my heart... this was my present!!

2 enormous jars of marmite and all the chocolate anyone could ever need for Christmas!!

He said he had a lovely time with his parents and really enjoyed seeing them but was SO happy to be home with me and the girls. They were very excited to see him!! I don't mind him being away but I was very happy to have him home as I miss him!!

I expect Lynn is overjoyed today!!

Hope that everyone is having a good day and any op's, vet visits, pooryly doglets etc are all ok!! and Malka I hope they sort your sofa out for you!!

Happy Wednesday!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »