Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Mornng Helena , morning everyone.

I hope Dave recovers soon and Gary. Just started raining as Dillon and I got home from our walk all lights now on.

Anyone want a very naughty Bernese I just don't know whats got into him espcially today.
I am hoping its his last burst of adolescent naughtiness.
If it isn't get me the straight jacket and padded cell please.

Hope everyone is safe and keeps safe in the flooded areas.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, and all
We most definetly need more days in the weekend.
A friend phoned last night who I havn't seen for a couple of months (although we keep in touch every few weeks by phone) and invited me round for cofee and danish pastry, so I am going off to see her this morning, (I mean who can resist a danish pastry) then back here lunch time, walk the dogs and work.
Its Raining again and I have everyone in the SW and other flooded areas in my thoughts, just praying it stops for you soon, please take care.
Lynn only one more sleep
H, I hope Dave gets rid of his migraine soon, he really does suffer poor chap. Have they done a scan to try and give answers as to why?
Have a good Monday everyone.
Morning Bev, glad to hear that for once in your life, you are actually going to have a "you" morning there!!!! May there be many more of those in the future

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Helena,morning all

Poor Dave,migraine's are awful,I suffer terrible with them,leaves me feeling totally exhausted and feeling like I have been hit by a bus,hope he feels better later.

Luke was having a panic attack this morning in case his college was closed but couldn't find any info so off he's gone,Tom's just gone out to school and been told to stay away from the lake & river and walk through town instead,whether he will or not remains to be seen and I can just imagine what state he will get back in later if he walks the lake way!
Lizzie isn't in college today and off out with her b/f later.

Have some washing to catch up with later,nothing else planned.

It's not raining here this morning but very soggy & muddy,

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal Let's hope your Tom listens to you and stays away from the river, but knowing boys.....I hope he stays safe and gets to school. Sorry to hear you know all about these Migraines Sal, I never get a headache let alone a migraine. I have just the job for that washing up of yours!!!!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning!

Haha hope those lights are sorted now H
Thanks for your thoughts Bev it is pretty grim down here but hopefully will ease in the next day or two.
I have heard of two people killed and damage to lots of property and trees.
Ironing for me today
Enjoy your Danish Bev,
Everyone stay safe and enjoy your day.
Morning Jen Been thinking of you again with all that rain overnight down there, but glad you've stayed safe, it must be the worst thing for those poor people, and two people killed too

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Helena, Sal, Bev and all who follow.

Well, it never rains but what it pours. The ward Gary is on has what looks like Norovirus and Gary has it. The move is off for what looks like at least a week. He looked dreadful yesterday when I went and is very grumpy. One good thing to come out of it is that I've not been too happy with his confusion and really grumpy mood so the nurse is having a word with the doctor today. I'm just hoping that they don't close the ward to visitors

It's chucking it down at the moment, but I'm hoping it dries a little in the next hour so we can get a proper walk in with Rosie before I set off.

I do hope that none of you are affected by the floods - take care everyone
Morning Chris, and just when I said it couldn't get any worse for you (((((((((hugs)))))))))). Have a word with the doctor if you can or the drug's trolley nurse and ask what medication he's been on which might cause that confusion, because a lot of them do, I know that don't I from mum's experience in hospital. You take care, be careful on the journey, and I really hope they don't close the ward.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

It's a rotten morning here, all wet and dark.

Poor Dave, I do hope he feels better soon.
Poor Gary too, that must be horrible.

I hope everyone affected by floods is safe today.

I went to bed last night and knocked a whole glass of water all over the place. Not a good start to sleeping!

Just about to start the school/dog routine but we are inundated with "buy me for Christmas" ads on TV, so all I'm hearing is: "can I have that?"
Morning Linda Oh lol at those kids of yours there I know they WILL be getting this and that though knowing you!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning All

Hugs to Dave and Gary xxxxxxxx hope they both feel better soon

Well whats going on here other than the miserable weather, firstly Patrick was going to give away his Daewoo nothing wrong with it and body work is brill....so why I asked would you give it away some nonsense about it being his brother he was going to give itto, just didn't cut it with me..........mainly because his brothers NEVER give him anything for nothing and in this day and age people can not afford to give things away.......so I stuck it on Ebay.
Thankfully yesterday it sold within 2 hours at ''Buy Now'' price so Im rather delighted.
Then he's asking me to deal with the buyers

so Im realizing that my hubby is stuck in a timewarp of the days when beads were used for trading and grunts and growling plus dragging females to your cave were all in order
God knows where he will be if I snuff it He hasn't a clue

Tomorrow we face a 3 hour interview as Im changing over to Local authority from agency fostering, the agencies just are not paying the money anymore infact putting in their last tender to LA in April us foster carers are facing £200 less in our money, plus they have stopped any money towards taking children on holidays ....to much a chunk to justify, so we are being assessed all over again.....hope we sail through (fingers crossed)

So with all that...............I'll say god morning folks and hope your day goes well
Morning Steph That's a real b*mmer about the agency, hope you can manage to get the change-over to the council, and good luck with the interview there, that's a very long interview Don't fall asleep Steph! Oh yes, cars, why is it that it's always US who has to sell them Dave is even in the motor trade and yet it's been me who's sold every vehicle we've ever owned, he just hates doing it, must be a man thing hey?

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, well we have just beat the weather, its starting to rain here , no surprise there then.

Millie s settled for the day, I am about to have my morning coffee, then will get started , not sure what I am up to yet.

Have a good and safe one all
Morning Jackie Glad you had a nice, dry walk, which is more than I can say for us, I have never seen Zena in such a state as she was this morning Black all over, dripping with it, so out came the hose, and I'm going to get to grips with those overalls today and chop the legs off them, I can't go on like this twice a day. Have a good one

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Nechda, morning everyone

I feel a bit guilty now as the skies are clear and it is very pleasant after a few grotty days, so I am able to open all windows and trissim and not have to have the lights on all day. And enough hot water without panicking that it will run out half way through a shower. And I feel so sorry for everyone who is flooded or at risk of flooding. Sort of puts my leaking ensuite roof/ceiling into perspective.

This morning I telephoned about my new couch and was told that it was put on hold but things should be back to normal, so do not worry as the suppliers will telephone me a couple of days before it is delivered.

Yes. But. Exactly when will they telephone me and when will they deliver it?

Poor Dave, I do hope he feels better soon - has he ever been able to find out what triggers his migraines? Took me years but with the help of The Migraine Trust [no idea if it still exists] I learned my triggers and also warning signs so I could do everything I could to avoid a full-blown migraine.

Chris - poor Gary - it must be absolutely horrid for him and because he cannot be moved it is horrid for you having to make such a journey to see him.

Keep safe, warm and dry everyone.
Morning grandma Thanks for telling us about all that sunshine you've got there, it's cheering me up Good luck with that couch, finger's crossed for you there. Anything could trigger Dave's headaches, he's had these since childhood, he won't have a scan, even though our physio lady thinks there's something serious going on in his neck, but I'm working on that!

Shame about your watershed coz we have two ladies here in desperate need of a washer uppperer and an ironer, but they're just gonna have to wait

Well, got back from the wettest, muddiest walk I think we've ever had, looking at the state of Zena, but at least she had a ball in the woods! I am this morning going to bite the bullet and chop off the bottom of those legs on her overalls, much as it pains me, coz I'll lose the lovely elasticated cuffs and velcro, but I might get me duck tape out and do a bit of modification on them!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

I hope Dave recovers soon and Gary. Just started raining as Dillon and I got home from our walk all lights now on.

Anyone want a very naughty Bernese I just don't know whats got into him espcially today.

Morning Lynn He'll be fine when his dad is back home tomorrow you just wait and see Cheeky Dillon You can always pack his bags and send him down to us Zena will keep him in check, but then I doubt we'd let you have him back and you wouldn't want that would ya! He'll grow out of it Lynn, just gotta keep your cool and do the best you can, but he's a big boy he must take some handling when he's norty I'm sure.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Linda Oh lol at those kids of yours there I know they WILL be getting this and that though knowing you!

Well, got back from the wettest, muddiest walk I think we've ever had, looking at the state of Zena, but at least she had a ball in the woods! I am this morning going to bite the bullet and chop off the bottom of those legs on her overalls, much as it pains me, coz I'll lose the lovely elasticated cuffs and velcro, but I might get me duck tape out and do a bit of modification on them!
Hmph, they will not! When I pointed out that we're not rich, the answer? "But Father Christmas will bring it." I knew that one would come and bite me on the behind because I remember saying that myself a trillion years ago. I had to explain that Father Christmas can only bring one present per child because he doesn't have much room on that sleigh.

Aw not the overalls. I suppose if they are too long you could roll them up?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Just finished making another batch of "dogsicksoup"

My hubby hates pepper and doesn't understand that everything must have salt and pepper added for seasoning and taste.
So I always add it when he isn't around.
He is out with Peps at the moment so heres my chance to make the soup.
Guess what I did, I dropped the entire pepper pot in the sauce pan Luckily it went in bottom first and I grabbed it quickly.

Now I just hope I can stop sneezing and giggling before he gets home
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Lynn he will have been picking up on your anxiety over Gordon going, being away and now the excitement of him coming home. I bet (hope) once Gordons been home a week he will go back to being the lovely gentle Dillon I met.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Morning Helena and Everyone

Cold outside but at least it isn't raining! I had my neighbour's grandson up here before he went to school (his gran is in hospital at the moment) and his Mum starts at the pre-school early, so I have been having him up here these past few weeks - so running late at the moment!

I need to pop into see Anne-Marie in the afternoon for 2 pm and be back here for 4 when Jamie comes back from his footie practice!

I will be taking Lki out after her morning meds and I need to call the Vet for an appointment for her 3 monthly health check, not sure if he will take bloods to test her Phenobarb and Potassium levels when we go!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 10:23 AM
HI All,

We've been very lucky with no flooding near to us but we're on high land up here in Birmingham. Hope everyone is dry and safe, where ever they are!

Haven't taken the dogs out yet. Don't want to go out. I'll be fine once I'm out and about with them, it's just the part where you have to make the effort to step outside that I'm not looking forward to.

No idea why - I've already been out to take Oscar to school.

Don't have any real plans for today other than housework whilst Oscar is at school. He has his self defence lesson tonight and an extra one on Thursday. He has his grading to get his red belt next Monday so I hope he knows what he's doing.

So, am off to brace myself for going back out in the cold, damp grey mist.

XX
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Morning all,

Another day off for me today, got to love long weekends

Sorry to read about Dave and Gary if it's not the dogs that are sick it's the humans hey?!? I hope Gary gets better and can be moved soon and I hope the ice pack and rest helps Dave.

I have a day of food shopping to look forward to. I've got to get some chicken feed and budgie seed, food for me and food for the dogs.

If it wasn't for me having to go to all the different shops I was going to take the boys somewhere new to walk but I can't trust Malcolm with food in the back of the car so he and Bandit will be left behind to man the fort as it were.

Really need to get up and get going and stop reading dogsey
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Not raining here this morning, although last night when I took Cariad for her late walk it was really coming down and I had all my waterproofs on for what was essentially a 15 minute walk round just so she could download
Have got some lovely piccies of babies sat up and am hoping to get to the library today. First of all Cariad will go a walk and then Lona and Mabs. Then do a wood run. On Saturday my exhaust started blowing, so going to take that over to where Eldest Son's unit is, there is a garage place there and they have been doing my cars for a couple of years now, and because of me being sort of 'family' I get the parts trade and Eldest Son does it, however he is away in Oxford working at present, not sure how it is going to work out, they may be able to sort it for me, but sounded pretty noisy to me on Saturday!!! After Exhaust Examination and maybe even Fixing, the library will be next on the list. Eldest son due back up here at some point towards the end of the week, as he gets virtually free B&B here it is one way of me getting some money off him. He does go and do shopping, but really most of what he comes back with is useless to me, wish he would tell me when he is going and he could have a list
I hope the interview goes well for you Stevie, people like you deserve to be paid in sacks of gold in my opinion, I do not know how you do it, my boys barely made it through alive, no idea how I would go on with proper problem children!
Lynn I am sure he is picking up on your excitement about Gordon coming home, you must be so wound up with all that has happened, the Mac not working (oh I can sooo identify with that one) and all the other stuff building up. At least you have got yourself and Dillon to yourself this morning and not doing Tube runs etc.
Is Dave scared he has a brain tumour or something, so he would rather not know it could be just something pressing on a nerve and a bit of manipulation could stop all of the pain. Not had that many migraines, but in a previous life the stress got to me so badly that I woke up with one and couldn't even move my head, so if he is getting regular bouts of anything like that I feel for him. Does he get them when he is away at work in the week as well, must be awful being in a hotel and not well either.
Waiting to see how you go on with the overalls, could you maybe email the suppliers and see if they can enlighten you on how to shorten them, you can't be the only person coming across this problem.
That coffee and Danish sounds wonderful, having a coffee now, but no Danish, because once I get going that will be me for the day and I won't get sat down for hours.
Here is today's Puppy Fix

I have now, finally, got a name for My Little Girl, got to run them past the Registry first to make sure no one else has called their's the same, then I will Go Public
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »