View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2012, 11:06 PM
My Chi humped one of his teddy's from us getting him at 3 months, he was castrated at just over a year old he still humps the same teddy at the age of 4. He's never scent marked or any of the other things just his little hippo teddy gets humped every night.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes they can, they can also scent mark

And mount and tie with a bitch.
Now that's interesting - I had no idea they could actually "do the biz". Ben was castrated at around the age of 5, and very definitely is extremely interested in bitches full stop, let alone when they are in season. He will go through the yammering, drooling, marking behaviour just like Tai.

Horses certainly who have been cut late will still be very interested in mares in season.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Further reflections make me think how nice that at least some dogs can be castrated, but are obviously still able to enjoy the pleasures of life without the natural consequences!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 12:16 PM
This is why so many advocate juvenile spaying; no hormone memory and what you never had etc

having said that, my wee dog humps the collie. Both female and both spayed but wee dog at well over a year and collie aged five when we took her in.

It is what they call an unresolved dominance issue and as it is going nowhere...
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't want to start another thread on a similar subject so I'll just post on this one.

I recently rescued three street dogs, one male and two bitches. Yesterday Sammy (male) was neutered and the two females,Megan and Blondie were spayed.

Megan and Sammy came home yesterday but Blondie will return on Sunday when the vet has time to bring her.

Megan lost some blood in the night, and this according to the vet was due to her about to come into season when he operated. It's stopped now and she is fine, eating, going to toilet etc. and is getting back to her normal self.

Sammy has recovered pretty fast and is now trying to mount Megan. Poor girl is still recovering from her op, and even though his private parts (or lack of) look sore, it doesn't put him off.

Would Megan still be giving off the scent of her almost being in season? Having read previous posts I gather it is normal for the neutered male to still mount, but was quite surprised that he is doing this less than 24 hours after his op!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I'd never thought of it before but I once walked past a very embarrassed lady in a park with both her terriers 'tied' together. She had been like that for twenty minutes unable to move...and both her dogs were done!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 05:03 PM
But having said that I have had two males and, once done, they showed no sexual behaviour at all. The first I had was rescued at ten years old, and had only just been neutered. ..he used to get interested in bitches, and then wonder off as if he couldn't quite remember what it was he was going to do. Lol
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I'd never thought of it before but I once walked past a very embarrassed lady in a park with both her terriers 'tied' together. She had been like that for twenty minutes unable to move...and both her dogs were done!
I've never been in that situation...poor woman. Actually I don't know what to do if this happens...how do you "untie" them? (just in case I need to know)
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ayak View Post
I've never been in that situation...poor woman. Actually I don't know what to do if this happens...how do you "untie" them? (just in case I need to know)
You don't, you just have to wait for nature to take its course I think! That goodness it wasn't raining that day!
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 05:05 PM
If I hadn't been so concerned about Megan's welfare so soon after their ops, it was almost funny...both dogs have "buckets" attached to stop them licking their wounds. It was quite a picture!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >