View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2012, 11:03 AM
My dad used to breed yorkies and he has 2 that came back when there homes didnt work out. spike came back after 3 years (he nipped the new baby) the man who owned him came over on saturday and the reaction he got from spike was amazing he was screeching and weeing himself. The man regretted coming over as spike tried to leave with him and was quite upset. Spike has been back at dads for 6 years now and obviously not forgotten his old owner. But in those 6 years at dads he has been a very happy little dog and settled quite well to start of with and now is a firm part of the gang and his twin that dad kept was very happy to have him home. They do get over things and it depends on each dog really.

hope he picks up soon
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the advice

Hopefully he will get back to being himself soon , no doubt Gypsy will nip his bum if he doesnt start playing with her again properly , lol (he kinda does play now but like the eating its halfhearted and he soon comes looking for me for a cuddle)
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ah, he's a lassie ... they are particularly pack loyal, bless him the dear sweet boy. My boy Ben has started to see his last owner after a gap of nearly 2 years (this isn't the abusive home) and he goes mad whenever he sees him, leaps all over him, breaks all the rules but as long as he gets down when we tell him to, that's OK with us. They adore each other, and Ben is a bit "quiet" when he leaves, but he just accepts that this is life ... he has moved on.

I know that lassie collies can be far more loyal to individual people though ... it breaks your heart to think what they go through.
With him it is a breed ring too you're quite right, I remember the last my grandparents had died in my opinion of a broken heart after my grandad passed as she just gave up entirely. Hunter stil gets ancy at the time shed come home at, and over certain car sounds etc
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2