Had a lovely cold walk this morning with the dogs

Now in work bored!

Stella is back to her usual self bless her
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning Helena and all who follow brrrr it is white with frost everywhere this morning and was very cold when I took Chloe out at 6am.

Baby Hannah arrived at 7am and is now full of porridge and oranges and playing happily with her toys

I hope everyone has a good day...

Hannah says Hi

Hi Hannah What a lovely grandma you have making you a nice breakfast like that Morning Mini, it's frosty here too but warmer than you think now that the sun is out

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Hi Helena, hope Zena enjoys her run with the bike today. Morning Minihaha, hi back to gorgeous Hanna.

Well I'm in the PE kit today, I have PE 3 days a week and fed up of just sitting and watching so wearing my PE kit so I can join in instead I had a ball yesterday playing basketball with the lass so I'm really looking forward to today

Got art later too so fingers crossed I can pick up more tips
Morning Lorraine, your day sounds a bit toooooo energetic for me, but enjoy it

Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Morning All,

Yes the dogs coped very well with the fireworks. Zane is the only one who reacts and that's only if he can't see them. Last night was wat OTT here though - I'm sure people get hold of the display ones they shouldn't have access to.

Anyway, I have to contact the Police (AGAIN! ) this morning. My neighbour was actually hiding behind my fence last night, wearing all black and sunglasses (it was dark!! - there really is no hope for these people).

Because I ignored him when he moaned about the dogs barking (it was only Zane and he was barking at the fireworks that were much louder than he was) he tried to grab my arm. This is after trying to intimidate Oscar who was outside on his bike. We had been at my Mom's and sometimes he's allowed to ride his bike home and I effectively kerb-crawl so that the car is parallel to him all the way back.

So WMP and Housing have an ultimatum. They can rehouse these pieces of scum elsewhere by the end of November or I will make their lives absolute hell. The only difference is that I won't break the law to do it - so there won't be a damn thing they can do about it.

Considering neither the LA or the Police have done anything about the attacks on the dogs,nor the racial abuse dished out by these people, I will now give as good as I get.

I've gone so far as to consider purchasing a protection dog (as mine are not suitable for protection work). I don't appreciate being accosted on my own pathway. Having a go at me is one thing. Abusing my Son (in any way at all) is another thing entirely.

So that's where I am at the moment. once Oscar is in school, I'll contact the Police (Housing already have an e-mail) and my local MP and take it from there.

As it's good weather, albeit freezing I'll then be taking the dogs to the park before visiting my Mom and then going back to fetch Oscar from school.

So, happy days for all. Hope everyone had an easier evening and morning than I.

Laura xx
Morning Laura, Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, you have to do something about this, I wish you all the luck in the world, hope there's somebody out there who wants to listen to you, maybe the police? Good luck.xx

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, and all,
I've got to get the dog beds and toys out in a moment as I am going to pick Kyiro and Lily up from kennels this morning. I have to be there at 10am and then take Kyiro for his vet check on his foot before bringing them both home till Friday. They will go back in kennels then Friday till monday as I suspect there will be quite a few fireworks again this coming weekend as the shops reduce their price to clear them.
Its going to be lovely having them home again I have really missed them, although I havn't missed the 5am get up and walk me call every morning.
H, I would love to see a pic of your glorius view it sounds lovely, my view from here is just boring roof tops.
Mini, Hannah is gorgeous.
Have a good day everyone and I hope Gordon is settling well now Lynn.
Morning Bev Another busy one for you then, good luck with Kyiro's foot I do hope it's healed nicely under the last bandage, but with all this talk of Manuka honey, especially from Bitkin with little Jimmi, it might be worth a try? I'm waiting for the camera to warm up for that pic, coz I stupidly left it out in the conservatory last night and it didn't like it, it's got condenstation all over the lens and view thingy at the back, blimey I do hope it hasn't died

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning All xxxx

Well would you 'adam and eve' it, fireworks everywhere and huge bangs. Ours were not bothered thankfully but I went over to the shop and could hear a really distressed wailing noise....a bloke told me that a cat was under a cat and petried.

I spent 1/2 hour coaxing it, got bitten (ouch) trying, when finally it made a dash and arrived in our house through the front door It was very like a Bengal, such a beauty but poor soul was sick not long after coming in as he was so upset, well he had chicken pieces later and settled on the stairs....my lot had to stay in the living room
When things stopped and all was quiet, around 11.30pm he went merrily on his way Im sure he went home I think he belongs to a family up the road.

Have a great day folks
Morning Steph That poor, poor puddycat, bless you for being such a good samaritan, but then that's sooooo you isn't it!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning all .

Wow, everyone is so busy!

Mini - awwwww, she's gorgeous. We had porridge here this morning too.

Laura, how awful, I hope you can get some progress.

xxx
Morning Linda (although I still like to call you Lucky lol!) Enjoy your day, and don't feel guilty if you're not as busy as this lot

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Nechda, morning all

Mini - Hannah is absolutely gorgeous! you are so lucky to be able to see your grandchildren.

Laura - it is diabolical what your neighbours are doing and I do hope you get some satisfaction from all concerned.

I am currently trying to find a couple of guys who will move my couch from here to my neighbour as I need to clean the floor before the new one arrives - which should be Sunday. She keeps saying she will ask someone but she has a memory like a sieve at times and I must get this moved within the next couple of days. I just hope I like the colour of the new one when it comes as it just says "Brown" but there is no picture so I do not know what shade of brown. Well there is a picture of the couch but only in red.

Oh yes, and I have had confirmation that the money I had paid for the last one which ended up they did not have brown after all, has been credited to me in full, so that is one less thing to worry about now.

Now I am sure nobody wants to know what temperature is currently roasting my left arm - actually almost all of my left side from table level upwards, do you...

...so I am not going to tell you that it is 34.2°c at 10.10am and I am fed up with this bluddy weather.

Have a good day everyone and pleeeeeese send us some rain!
Morning grandma No rain to send you today, it's crisp and dry but cold, so I'm blowing a bit in your direction Does it ever actually get cold as we know it over there then? Anyways, good luck with the moving of the couch, I wonder if you'll find a few old treasures of Pereg's underneath it

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Monring Helena, morning all.

That view sounds stunning Helena pictures would be nice if you get the opportunity.
Good luck at the caravan.
Hannah is beautiful Mini have a lovely day together.
Your situton sounds awful C I hope you get soemthing sorted in your favour.
Bev have a lovely day with the dogs being back.

I have been to the tube station already to drop Michael off and boy is it cold and frosty I now have to get out in it to walk Dillon. I shalll be wrapping up warm. Ideal weather for Dillon though.
I am crossing the day soff the calendar till Gorden gets home. I hope he has had a good first day teaching.

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn Glad you've done the station run and can concentrate on more important things now like walking Dillon. Don't wrap up too warm, coz I've just done my hour with 3 layers on, and had to take 2 of them off half way round as the sun came up Absolutely beautiful out there, couldn't wish for better, plus I had the place all to myself and I did it the other way around so to speak, so I didn't have the horrendous climb back up to the road, and I very much enjoyed the downhill start I can tell ya Hope you hear from Gorden today on Skype.xx

Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Morning all

Shattered this morning, had such a bad night with Harvey and the fireworks. Some idiot was still letting them off at 2am Will be spending the morning put the house back together.

Dogs have had breakfast and gone back to bed, thats my bed tucked under the quilt not their own Harvey's that tired he hasn't even pestered me to go out so I don't think he'll be surfacing for a few hours yet.

Hope you all have a good day and welcome to Dogsey Hannah
Morning Anne Not a good night for you and the dogs there Believe me, I know what it's like to have terrified dogs, Cassie was the worst, sometimes I worried she'd have a heart attack on me she got so trembly and terrified with her panting, it's so, so unfair on these animals of ours. I do hope they'll be back to normal later on this morning once you've put the place back together.

Now I really must get started on my busy day, so this thread is now closed LOL NO! I JEST
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And Hi to you to sweetie

Morning all, its a damp one here .
Morning Jackie It's lovely and bright, crisp and dry here (kiss of death!!!)

Originally Posted by Nikki123 View Post
Morning everyone

Had a lovely cold walk this morning with the dogs

Now in work bored!

Stella is back to her usual self bless her
Morning Nikki Glad you enjoyed your morning walk, not so good you now have to sit in a boring office, I know that feeling only too well too Thank goodness for Dogsey huh?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Good morning all.

Malka, I actually don't envy you those temperatures because although I hate winter, I don't like it overly hot either. Suits me here because, let's face it, we rarely got overly hot summers .

Very cold, but dry for now here. Going out soon because there is rain forecast for later and I don't fancy getting wet if I can avoid it.

We had a couple of hours of bangs last night. Rosie is very uncertain about them, but not absolutely terrified as Jade used to be (thank heavens).

I don't know how you cope, Laura. I didn't get along too well with my neighbour at my previous home and I hated it. It was stupid really because the guy was paranoid about anyone parking on his front and I'm talking here even an inch over onto his front. It started when I had carers in for my son and there was a meeting at my home to see how things were progressing with him (we were monitoring his epilepsy). It meant that there were five visiting cars in total and one of them parked across from his house on the opposite side of the road (didn't block his drive or anything or make it awkward for him to get out if he had wanted to). He came round and blew his top, threatening police and anyone else he could think of including threatening to report the carers to the relevant department. The car parked across the road belonged to the head of social services so. as you can imagine, the conversation got really interesting

I'm already getting that winter boredom setting in - usually happens about now - so I'm thinking of getting the knitting needles out to while away the long dark days.

Whatever you lot are up to, enjoy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Morning Chris Glad to hear Rosie wasn't unsettled too much by the fireworks, that's just what Zena is like, and it doesn't take much to take her mind off them. Enjoy all that knitting over the next couple of months then to while away these dark, gloomy days - I love 'em though, I'm a real winter girl I enjoy my dog walks more when it's colder coz I get too hot climbing up these hills in the summer
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
It will be a wee bit cooler indoors once the sun is not streaming through the doorway - I just checked the temperature on the arm of my chair and it is 54°C which is ridiculous.

Can you tell that I am getting a bit of a complex about checking the temperature?! It does get cold in the winter Chris, although usually it is colder indoors than out as this bungalow is solid concrete and breeze blocks, and there is no insulation in the roof space so nothing between the plasterboard ceilings and the roof tiles. Theoretically it is built to keep the heat out in the summer and in in the winter but that does not work, so in the winter I sit wearing numerous layers [over my thermals], plus Ugg-style boots to keep my tootsies from freezing.

But it is November already and about time it cooled off. Mind you they have said that this is the longest and hottest summer since records began - but they say that every year!

There is no way I am going anywhere outside today - luckily I stocked up on the necessary F&V yesterday, but it is yet another day that Pereg will not get a walk. Not that she bothers, I mean she loves going out but is just as happy slobbing around. She will not even have a flonk outside so the concrete must be really hot.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Raining here this morning was a very frosty cold night last night, must have warmed up a little at some point for it to rain though.
Well...have I had a night and a half, and still nothing to show for it, I would swear I never slept at all, apart from the fact I discovered Cariad had dug up the disposable sheeting, the old sheet, the piece of plastic sheeting and dragged the rug from under the little couch, I must have been asleep when she did it, because I would have noticed that. I have been up and dressed since 4am because it really did look like the babies were coming, she is very restless and panting, digging everywhere, and I am following her putting it back trying to direct her to where I want her to go, but no she has been in the utility and dragged some coats down and made a bed for herself right by the back door, you couldn't pick a more drafty cold place if you sat and thought about it. Fed Lona and Mabs and Hhve shut the baby gate into there, and the door and then put a box there, then after getting myself some brekkie I put Cariad in the kitchen with all fresh bedding down and shut the baby gate into there so I can have a bit of time for me as I am so flaming tired now I have stopped caring, but she must be knackered as well poor girl. I heard all this noise, she had managed to move the box, open the door, get through the baby gate and was esconsed back on the pile of coats I have a dog crate in a box so that has gone against the door now and she is lay there panting.
Going to give it a bit longer, then I think a trip to the vets is on the cards, she should be further on by now and like I said we are both of us getting tired, she miles more than me probably, how she manages to move stuff the way she is doing whilst she is in labour amazes me. Just heard a noise, she is trying to move the box so will bring her back in here with me as she isn't going to give up on trying to get on those old coats in the coldest place possible.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:50 AM
54deg?????? You could cook your lunch on the arm of that chair Better not fall asleep in it grandma you'll be frazzled

Now, I got the camera working, and this is what I woke up to this morning

Seems, Zena likes it too
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Morning all
Pepsi says what fireworks? She doesn't even open her eyes

I do read all the posts but can't answer them all, how do you do it H and Lynn.
What a lovely little girl Mini
Fab view H.

Hubby had to give son a lift to work this morning at 7am so on his way back he stopped at Lidl and bought their fresh rolls for brekkie. Stiil warm .... gorgeous.
Nothing planned for today, may do some housework
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »