View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I know what it is that brings these dogs to people like the OP.

People like them have an invisible tattoo on their forehead which reads ... MUG!

Dogs can sort a 'softie' out from the crowd!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 06:16 AM
OMG, hope Bill is fine.. good luck today xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Hope you find where she came from...she is lucky she found you though and I hope Bill is ok xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Update - surprise surprise NO CHIP!
She is back here with us again - have put her details on various sites and have now spoken to Jake's trainer who pretty much said we've done the worst thing we could possibly do as regards Jake! well, I knew that already but what else could I do? He (Jake's trainer) re-homed a GSD last week apparently in 1 day so I am hopeful that he may be able to help with her. She is lovely, she was a bit nervous at the vets, she met Bonnie the Pit Bull X, remember her? and was a bit wary of her....bless her..and didn't want to mix with the other dogs but certainly wasn't aggressive. Eventually she laid down in the back of the car and wasn't stressed out. I would so love to keep her but it's just not an option for any of us. My husband is very keen to keep her I want to kick his **** to be honest.....I've told him he can't cope with Jake's antics let alone adding another Shep to the equation. It's awful, you grow so attached don't you? but have to be realistic and not sloppy........
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I know what it is that brings these dogs to people like the OP.

People like them have an invisible tattoo on their forehead which reads ... MUG!

Dogs can sort a 'softie' out from the crowd!
Mug? Hmm, no I think it would say DOG LOVER!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
She is back here with us again - have put her details on various sites and have now spoken to Jake's trainer who pretty much said we've done the worst thing we could possibly do as regards Jake! well, I knew that already but what else could I do? He (Jake's trainer) re-homed a GSD last week apparently in 1 day so I am hopeful that he may be able to help with her. She is lovely, she was a bit nervous at the vets, she met Bonnie the Pit Bull X, remember her? and was a bit wary of her....bless her..and didn't want to mix with the other dogs but certainly wasn't aggressive. Eventually she laid down in the back of the car and wasn't stressed out. I would so love to keep her but it's just not an option for any of us. My husband is very keen to keep her I want to kick his **** to be honest.....I've told him he can't cope with Jake's antics let alone adding another Shep to the equation. It's awful, you grow so attached don't you? but have to be realistic and not sloppy........
No surprise about the lack of a chip really, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't an owner out there frantically searching for her (you have to remain optimistic!). She does sound lovely, poor girl. Have you introduced her to your two yet?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Thanks for the update Gill, so no surprises about the chip, but as Moobli has said there maybe an owner out there looking for her.

I agree with you that it would be terribly difficult if you keept her because of Jake and he has to be your priority especially as you've started the trainning and over time it will help Jake with his problems.

I suppose all you can do is put her on the web sites and maybe your trainner can find a home for her, it's so hard isn't it when they have such a good personality. Wishing you all the best in your endevours.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh bummer Gill but you had the feeling about not having a chip.. you are doing everything you can to re home her and maybe there is someone who misses her who hears about it.. shame about not being able to keep her as she sounds really lovely but the risk is too high with Jake being as he is.. good luck and hopefully she will have a lovely new (or old) home soon..
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
No surprise about the lack of a chip really, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't an owner out there frantically searching for her (you have to remain optimistic!). She does sound lovely, poor girl. Have you introduced her to your two yet?
Oh yes! they have only seen her in the cage though. Jake threw himself at the cage and in his frenzy managed to bite Bill (see my previous post) so am not going to get involved in that again soon. Ailsa went and sat by the van this afternoon and then mooched about being watched by Ziva (yes, I've given her a name). Ziva has now stopped chewing the plastic base of the crate so is obviously feeling less stressed. I am taking it in turns letting them out in the garden. Pup was out for quite a while this afternoon with Bill, she really is a little love. No one has claimed her yet sadly. I have a feeling she may have been dumped, I am only praying she isn't pregnant, she is only young herself.
I am training with Jake tomorrow morning so will see what the trainer has got to say about finding a home for Ziva on the coast. xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Good luck Gill.. hope it will have a happy ending xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >