Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Butchers tripe tins ....
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I use Butcher's Tripe and/or raw eggs or raw minced beef. Mine get a combination of kibble and raw, sometimes in the same bowl, sometimes not.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Butchers is Whisper's favourite tinned food lol. xx

The tripe loaf stuff is the best but Madam prefers the gravy varieties.
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2012, 07:13 PM
poo is finally back to normal fingers crossed. is it ok to give butches tripe to a puppy or keep her on the puppy tins? She does only have a large spoon full of wet mixed in with her complete.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by kimberleythomas View Post
poo is finally back to normal fingers crossed. is it ok to give butches tripe to a puppy or keep her on the puppy tins? She does only have a large spoon full of wet mixed in with her complete.
That'll be fine, puppy food just has different nutrition and as she gets such a small amount it won't harm her in any way. Some dogs aren't fed age specific food at all and grow up fine - some people believe it's a 'con' so that they can sell more products and charge more.
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2012, 07:25 PM
thanks I think I might get some then and slowly introduce her to it I just dont want to go back to her having soft poo it made me gag picking it up.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2013, 11:50 PM
I have naturediet. I got some cheap and the options were puppy/junior and senior/lite thats all they came in for the reduced price, looking at the small print on front of protein/fat etc there's not that much difference so I just pick a flavour and only open one tray for them to share and alternate it.

I think one of them is turkey (probably the senior) and the puppy one is lamb or something both with veg & rice.

one dog is 12yrs old, other is 6 months old. The older dog was on senior food dry JWB senior I think the protein is 18% and the fat 8.5% where as the puppies (adult working dog food) is 22% protein, 12% fat & oils.

Recently I tried older dog on Fish4dogs weight control which was higher protein but less fat & no carbs (potato or rice in it) but she hasn't done well on it. She's going back to her old food.

The puppy also had issues on very high protein multi meats/egg or red meat based foods so he's going to be starting a basic chicken & rice one soon. (delivery was cancelled due to snow )

At the moment they are both briefly using a sample of an Hydrolysed protein one to settle their tummies again after the issues the richer dry foods caused...and I got them fishmongers wet which is just basically fish with potato..so basically just plain fish & potato for a week or so.
Surrey Hounds
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Butchers tripe variety
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2013, 02:35 PM
there's lots of good quality wet foods. naturediet and natures harvest are good. there are also things like natures menu, and even butchers.
applaws is good but not complete, so you would only need a tad for flavour.

just remember if you do feed a complete dry food remember to cut it down a bit if you are portioning it with complete wet.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Holly has Lukullus wet food mixed in with her dry food. She used to have Naturediet until she started throwing it back up. Took her off it and she stopped being sick. Never tried Butchers though, although i can't stand the smell of tripe!.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >