View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2012, 09:51 PM
When I got with my BF, I warned him there would be 2 dogs and 4 cats in the bed with us hahaha
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I changed my dogs sleeping arrangments - cos I wanted a dog hair free room and cos I was seeing someone new

From my experience I would say it depends on the dog
Mia is fine - dosent care
Ben cried and cried - but got used to it
So if your dogs are like Ben then you have to change the roitine and stick to it
If they are like Mia then you can have them up when you want
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 12:08 AM
We just recently did this when my OH & I moved in together. Molly has slept in my bed with me pretty much every night since I got her but when we got our new house, we decided we wanted a dog fur free bed.

We went about it by buying Molly a 'special' bean bag to go at the end of our bed & making a huge fuss of her whenever she went on it, making it a nice place to sleep etc. Honestly, the act of it being new & smelling interesting really helped matters because she took to it straight away. We did have a couple of nights of her jumping up on the bed when we were asleep but as long as you wake up & tell them 'off, go to your bed' or put them there, I'm sure they will get the picture quite quickly

Personally, I would say if you intend to have the dogs sleeping in their own beds, stick to that & don't let them on the bed at all but that's only from my own experience. We were doing great with Molly then I let her into the bed for no more than an hour one day & she immediately regressed back to trying to get in the bed Never again!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 11:17 AM
The rule here is dogs downstairs, cats upstairs. The house has only one door ( old Irish way) so the cats learned to leap up the wall to the bedroom window within days of us getting here.
The dogs bed hop. They have hay beds in two places and change around. Collie likes the cold floor.

At night they are in a warm shed now; collie barks at every noise and we were getting no sleep so this had to be, and they love it as they get fed in there.. hay bed again.

The cats sleep in or on the bed or in the boxes of knitting yarn
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2