View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Of course I expect people to want to interact with my dogs, they are gorgeous after all

However I also expect people to speak to me first and make sure it is ok. My dogs were right by my feet so not to ask was rude and it wasn't as if I wasn't there to ask.

As already said I wouldn't go up to someone and touch them or their belongings (woe betide any stranger that dares to touch my bump if I ever have children ) so I don't accept anyone doing that to me and my dogs.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
for me if you take your dogs to car boots, pubs, market stalls etc you've got to expect some random human interaction.
No, you don't.

I do not approach other people's children and randomly prod, poke or stroke them. I would either get arrested, or get a mouthful of abuse if I did. It would also be a very rude thing to do.

I do not expect anyone to randomly touch my dog. They will get a mouthful of abuse if they do.

My dogs do not bother people. I expect the same in return.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Would I prefer people to ask? Yes. Do I assume in busy places where people are hanging around doing nothing I'll get some random interaction? Yes. Bound to be someone who doesn't think to ask. No excuse for rudeness but no point in getting worked up over the inevitable. I think some people just think any dog will enjoy a fuss & act accordingly.
Bevm
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Not long after we got Ben who was 13 months and needed socializing ,some horrible small child about 6 came up behind Ben a whacked him for six on his rear while I was talking to someone.Ben jumped about 6 foot in the air (he is a wolfhound).I was really cross and told the child and mother that it was good job Ben was a nice dog or he could have got bitten.The mother then said yes hed done that before and been snapped at by a St Bernard.You would think the childs mother would keep a close eye on the child but she didnt seem worried.I bet she would have been yelling though if Ben had bitten her precious son.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
The amount of small children I have come running over and try to pick Luna up when we're out and about the parents just stand and watch and think it's funny!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I find its because their jelous!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Can you imagine the reaction if someone grabbed a passing child and ran their hands through their hair...
lynni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm a miserable cow as well because I wouldn't let a bloke feed Benji his (heavily salted) chips when we were down on the beach last week! The over powering smell of salt and vinegar made my eyes water! Apparently it ''wouldn't hurt him'' because ''his dog loves salt and has a portion of chips from his local chippy every week''!
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Chavvy woman...............nuff said!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2