View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 03:22 PM
It is said that min pins resemble little red deer. However I think the size (approx 12 ins tall) would keep her safe (especially in long grass lol!)

I've never heard of a dog being shot because it was mistaken for a deer. I've lived in rural areas and now live where dogs are not generally 'liked'. In both I would say dogs that are shot are shot because they were dogs.

Of course the super foolproof answer would be for you not to walk your dogs where any deer might be. If you really think them being shot because they look so much like deer is that much of a danger.

I have to say again - is there ANYTHING now in the UK that is not considered to be a 'problem' when exercising dogs?

Squirrels
Cats
People
Kids on plastic bikes
Traffic
Other dogs
Low fences
Water (toys get lost lol!)
Horses
Sheep
Cows
Farmers
Deer
People hunting deer
The list gets longer and longer!

I feel REALLY privileged that both here and for many years in the UK, walking my dogs was nothing but a relaxing pursuit for both of us - still is.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2