Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I confess I don't understand why any owner would enter their dog in such a competition.

Is it me? I find it in rather bad taste. Isn't it making a mockery of dogs?

Wys
x
It makes more of a mockery of the owners than the dogs. I know it's a bit of a laugh for them, but who in their right mind would go all the way to America just to confirm their suspicions "dang, that's the uglies dog in the world!" Oh well, if that's their way to get their 15 minutes of fame, so be it. The irony is, these people probably laugh at people who take part in shows to find the dog that fits the standard of it's breed the closest.

The dogs don't care what they look like and don't know why they are having a day out. Mugly looks more like the world's most bored looking dog to me than the ugliest.
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Poor mugly, im going to echo what has already been suggested and agree that these kinds of competitions are in bad taste. He's not ugly bless his cotton socks hes just unique and had a bad time of it I think he is full on adorable!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:14 AM
i dont get why people think CCs are ugly.. i think hes gorgeous, just needs a bit of a trim around the face to neaten him up..

i also wouldnt want asbo winning that title... i go mad when people call him ugly because he has no hair!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i dont get why people think CCs are ugly.. i think hes gorgeous, just needs a bit of a trim around the face to neaten him up..

i also wouldnt want asbo winning that title... i go mad when people call him ugly because he has no hair!
I do think it's the nakedness that does it. Hairless dogs tend to look like they have a bad case of mange to the untrained eye. And the tufts of hair add to the effect.

The rescue I got one of my rabbits from had a CC cross yorkie. He was a permanent resident and personal house pet as he was unadoptable due to his appearance. He had the sweetest nature, but had the most sour, angry looking face I've ever seen on a dog. He was yorkie shaped and all the bits that are traditionally gold on a yorkie had sparse ginger hair and the rest of him was bald. Even the rescue's vet thought he had some kind of skin disease when he came in and it was only after extensive tests that they realised he was just a CC cross.
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Im the same when people call my Vodou ugly, no hair does not automatically equal hideous!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
I do think it's the nakedness that does it. Hairless dogs tend to look like they have a bad case of mange to the untrained eye. And the tufts of hair add to the effect.

The rescue I got one of my rabbits from had a CC cross yorkie. He was a permanent resident and personal house pet as he was unadoptable due to his appearance. He had the sweetest nature, but had the most sour, angry looking face I've ever seen on a dog. He was yorkie shaped and all the bits that are traditionally gold on a yorkie had sparse ginger hair and the rest of him was bald. Even the rescue's vet thought he had some kind of skin disease when he came in and it was only after extensive tests that they realised he was just a CC cross.
poor guy id of had him! it is the nakedness, hairless crosses dont do too well, because they get the hairless gene, and all the other bits from the other dog. although murf once posted a picture of a cc cross boxer which i thought was boootiful
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by XoloLover View Post
Im the same when people call my Vodou ugly, no hair does not automatically equal hideous!
nope, i love hairless dogs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Hairless dogs don't do anything for me at all, but I think that little guy is kind of cute - in an ugly way iykwim!

I also don't get the mentality of entering your dog in such a competition but then ... "there is nowt so queer as folk"!
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:17 AM
nope, i love hairless dogs
Same, the hairless breeds are so striking to look at
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by XoloLover View Post
I wouldn't necessarily own one, but I think Xolos are handsome dogs. I've had shar-pei for years and I'm surprised more people don't find them ugly. I've rarely had anybody comment negatively on their looks. Especially with the bearcoats. My current one rarely goes out for a walk without a stranger stopping and commenting on how pretty they think she is.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >