View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Just to say, in Pet Plan's defence, I was also suspicious that they were just paying to be heavily advertised by vets and were a bit like Hills food. BUT I am friends with a number of vet nurses and I asked them, and they ALL said that having seen the number of problems some people have had with cheaper insurance companies, they would only ever go with Pet Plan. My own vet, who I am very friendly with and trust to be honest, also has all three of her dogs with Pet Plan and would never go elsewhere.

Of course, I'm sure people have had problems with Pet Plan, and I'm sure some other insurance companies are great, but I thought it was a fairly shining endorsement from people 'in the know' who see insurance claims go through vet surgeries every day
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
We are with Direct Line. My two larger breeds are £22 a month (3 year old Slovak) and £30 a month (9 year old Lab). They are usually quick to pay up and and we have never had a problem with them.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Just looked in your other thread (gorgeous girly!) and you say she's around 4 - so definately give it a think as now is probably your last chance to take out Petplan's cover.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Keep missing replies Is that life cover you've got?
Yes all of their policies are life covered i have gold £7500 cover.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
All very helpful, thanks again. I think it's going to be a toss up between Petplan and Axa. Axa is dramatically cheaper than the other, but I do feel more 'secure' with Petplan...and I suppose there's the multipet discount.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm with vetsmedicover.

It costs me £21 pounds a month for lifetime cover, its a 1 fee for all dogs (with exceptions of some giant breeds which are 35). It doesn't go up as you claim, new people and existing all pay the same, but it does rise with inflation.
They offer up to £10,000 cover per year from my memory.

Not claimed yet fortunatley though so cant add much else!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks again all for the suggestions; I decided to go with Petplan in the end as I think it's worth it.
Jenkel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm with pet plan, but due in July, depending what quote I get I may have to move insurance because it was very expensive last year.

Anybody used or know what Tesco are like?

julie
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jenkel View Post
I'm with pet plan, but due in July, depending what quote I get I may have to move insurance because it was very expensive last year.

Anybody used or know what Tesco are like?

julie
I've no experience with Tesco; if you start another thread it's more likely to be spotted by those in the know
Lama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2012, 05:47 PM
all mine are with Animal Friends..life cover 18 quid GSD
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2