Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Some of the voices were straining a bit

the biggest surprise of the night for having the most accomplished voice on the night was grace jones, 64, powered it out #whilst hula hooping!
You must have been hearing a different tune to me then.

She sounded like she was being strangled by the bl**dy hoop she was huling

You would have thought she actually new what the concert was about .........wishing the Queen a happy birthday

The ones that stood out for me were Tome Jones and Shirley Bassey, both still in good voice,

Cliff and Paul McCartney, gave good performances, but their voices have gone , but to be expected at their age.

Loved the show, shame the sound was a bit off, but over all, thought it was a fabulous patriotic spectacular
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I loved every darn minute of that concert, even though there were one or two dodgy notes from a few performers . Rolf Harris! That man may be Australian, but he has a British heart And I adored his quick rendition of two little boys. Can you imagine any of the other acts being asked to pull that off with no rehearsal .
I have spent the last 4 days watching and taking part in jubilee celebrations, and my tivo box is full of recordings of almost every event to watch when I get a spare 2 mins lol. Proud to be British
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 04:28 PM
My favourites of the night-

Jools Holland
Tom Jones
Greg Jane?
Stevie Wonder
Robbie Williams
Paul McCartney

And how dare they interupt Rolf Harris!! I thought that was so rude! The audience really enjoyed him and then he was suddenly cut off what is up with that?
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post

And how dare they interupt Rolf Harris!! I thought that was so rude! The audience really enjoyed him and then he was suddenly cut off what is up with that?
I totally agree. He stepped up without any fuss to fill in some time for them (obviously the chap doing the intro -can't remember who- wasn't up to it on his own!!) and was then rudely cut off by the same muppet.

Rolf always seems such a nice chap.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
and Macca still can't sing........
This really made me laugh, I quite like him but going on last nights performance he is well past it
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
I loved every darn minute of that concert, even though there were one or two dodgy notes from a few performers . Rolf Harris! That man may be Australian, but he has a British heart And I adored his quick rendition of two little boys. Can you imagine any of the other acts being asked to pull that off with no rehearsal .
I have spent the last 4 days watching and taking part in jubilee celebrations, and my tivo box is full of recordings of almost every event to watch when I get a spare 2 mins lol. Proud to be British
It's a delight to read a post like this. Not enough country pride is shown in this country.
It's my belief that this is why we come last in everything. Everyone poo poo's our performance before we even perform!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
This really made me laugh, I quite like him but going on last nights performance he is well past it

It's a delight to read a post like this. Not enough country pride is shown in this country.
It's my belief that this is why we come last in everything. Everyone poo poo's our performance before we even perform!
we dont come last in everything

our athletes have been number one/world class/world champions in all disciplines of cycling for years, but the average brit is more interested in the lamer sports where we always lose, therefore has never heard of the various world champion cyclists we have
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

awww, thank you I make no apologies whatsoever for being proud of my Queen and my country. I'm Scottish, but I class myself as British first (not a common viewpoint I know lol), and I have adored the whole of this long weekend. Roll on 2022 and the platinum jubilee
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
we dont come last in everything

our athletes have been number one/world class/world champions in all disciplines of cycling for years, but the average brit is more interested in the lamer sports where we always lose, therefore has never heard of the various world champion cyclists we have

Completely agree!! I'm so looking forward t the Olympics and hopefully being on home soil and having the crowd behind them will lift our athletes up and they can give the performances of their lives Go Team Great Britain!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
I have adored the whole of this long weekend. Roll on 2022 and the platinum jubilee
For some reason the 60th and 75th anniversary are both Diamond
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
For some reason the 60th and 75th anniversary are both Diamond
Strange But Diamonds are a girls best friend
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Is it really bad to admit that as a 46 year old, dyed in the wool punk, I still well up at the end of Two Little Boys ?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >