View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
All the time at work and i know what you mean about some being so well behaved they bore me. But now im thinking if phoebe was exactly the same but somebody elses dog i propably wouldnt want her either. I have the same thing with breeds i love. I have a thing for really big long haired dogs the bigger the better but dont see me with one as i dont have the dedecation for hair like that and having phoebe and seeing how hard work a big dog is if they are naughty not sure i would have another big dog or atleast for a long time
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
i couldn't own a northern breed, too much hair and sound a bit too tricky.

i don't like the look of poodles/shar peis
i really dislike terriers as well. Though this influenced by the fact i'm yet to meet a pleasant JRT, i don't like the look of many either
i don't like dogs with toooo much hair.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
i couldn't own a northern breed, too much hair and sound a bit too tricky.

i don't like the look of poodles/shar peis
i really dislike terriers as well. Though this influenced by the fact i'm yet to meet a pleasant JRT, i don't like the look of many either
i don't like dogs with toooo much hair.
Well that's my whole gang all sad now
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
hahaha! Sorry!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Tut tut! You must do what I do and don't let the dog read what's on the screen!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I know I would never be up to having any extremely strong willed, 'pushy' breeds - mastiffs, most bull breeds etc. Also any dog that needed a huge amount of exercise and mental stimulation. I like active dogs but there is a limit; I am realistic about what I can provide. Watching Don't Blame The Dog the other week I was thinking how totally stunning Dutch shepherds are but I wouldn't dream of owning one. Ditto northern breeds, HPRs, border collies etc.

I would also never go for an extremely brachycephalic dog because in all honesty I don't think it's ethical to breed them, and aesthetically they aren't my cup of tea at all.

I don't like grooming so any breed with a glamorous coat would be out.

Last but not least - bichon frises. I just don't like them
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Lots of Mals go off lead - they are not like Sibes really. My Mal has ace recall and so do other I know
That's really interesting, I thought (wrongly, I guess) that Malamutes were not meant to be ever let off lead. Wow, does that mean I could possibly have a Malamute one day....??????
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Last but not least - bichon frises. I just don't like them
I'm kinda with you on this. I've looked after a couple. The dogs are no problem but they just don't do anything. I find them bland. Maybe it was just the ones I met.

I walk a couple of fab staffs but again I could not own a bull breed. Same with boxers. I like them but I could not own one.

Golden retrievers don't do it for me either although I don't dislike them.

My experiences with airedales has not been good but I have only actually met three. They were all out of control and one bit me.

I've never fancied chihuahuas but I have recently started walking a long-haired chi. He is just so cute. I could just kiss his little face in.
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Every day
I've been completely spoiled with Luke. No matter what dog I meet, how much I might even like them, I know I could never have one. Luke is the one and only for me, that's for sure.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
I'm kinda with you on this. I've looked after a couple. The dogs are no problem but they just don't do anything. I find them bland. Maybe it was just the ones I met.
Most of the ones I have met have been complete pains in the ****! I think it might just be that their owners have spoiled them and allow them to get away with murder. I'm sure they're a lovely breed really :P Not my kind of dog though.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »