View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 05:59 PM
It was interesting, only one dog really exhibited what I would call overt issues, which was great for the dogs and their handlers, and I was interested in Paddy's views re using the clicker in these situations.

I do not like "Click to Calm" (book and system) approach for various reasons and we appeared to have a meeting of minds on this.

What I really enjoy about days like this is the analogies other trainers use to get their message across, so I found that very useful.

Paddy is wise, kind, funny and very knowledgeable.

She also has excellent observational skills.

We have known each other for years via the internet but this is the first time we have ACTUALLY met!

So it was good to actually get together so to speak.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I like Paddy a lot haven't seen her for years now though. Glad it was enjoyable.

rune
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Sounds like a really good day

I really like Paddy too. She was my tutor at BB for a couple of years and her help was invaluable in my early days of clicker training - had a few lightbulb moments from her

I do like days like the one you've described. Well worth it - and a fab price too!

Wys
x
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It was lovely to meet Chellie, like myself, she is young, thin, beautiful with a "magnetic" personality.
It was nice to see you too SB, an interesting day. A shame that my friends dog or the Estrela couldn't get a place, I think we would have seen some more obvious signs of badly behaving dogs to compliment the more subtle dogs

I'm going to try to get enough people and dogs together to try to persuade Paddy to run another day soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2