Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
The best one for me is whatever is cheapest as they are only go and get filthy again ten minutes later!!

You've made me laugh! Remembering my GSD days. They got hosed down in the back yard! No pincy poncy baths for them!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

You've made me laugh! Remembering my GSD days. They got hosed down in the back yard! No pincy poncy baths for them!
yep! I like to hose them down whilst muttering "it stays bloody clean or it gets the hose again........"
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
yep! I like to hose them down whilst muttering "it stays bloody clean or it gets the hose again........"
Haaa! Yes mine used to come down to the Canal to our boat and get absolutely FILTHY. Whilst hosing her (often down at the boatyard) I could be heard muttering 'Didn't hear you complaining that the CANAL water was cold!'
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2012, 05:37 PM
It totally depends of how hard/soft your water is, what breed of dog you have, type of terrain its walked in (ie beach, clay, sand on a common, mud or just grass). Everyone is different. There is always a lot of debate amoungst groomers re shampoo. A lot rave about the Animology, but for me it was pants - didn't like the smell and it didn't clean well enough.

I personally like the Kelco, which comes with 50-1 dilution rate or one even has 100-1 which is great for the really stinky farm dogs. Best Shot is another favourite, or K9 Competition. I use Quistel on dogs with bad skin, I find it an 'OK' shampoo as far as cleaning goes
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Haaa! Yes mine used to come down to the Canal to our boat and get absolutely FILTHY. Whilst hosing her (often down at the boatyard) I could be heard muttering 'Didn't hear you complaining that the CANAL water was cold!'
Oh I'm not THAT cruel - I do use warm water!

Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
I personally like the Kelco, which comes with 50-1 dilution rate or one even has 100-1 which is great for the really stinky farm dogs.
Ooh I shall need to take note of this!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I was also unimpressed with Animology. It wasn't cheap either and it didn't leave the dogs smelling nice. I use Mutneys shampoos. I find they don't dry my hands, therefore they must be good for dog's skin. They smell great and dilute well, and they are great value too. I also love their multi use conditioner if I'm doing Yorkies or Bichons.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I like the Wahl range, but one of the groomers shampoo (can't think which one now) is also very good and smells wonderful.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:39 AM
thanks for all the replies certainly lots to choose from!
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Mine!...............because they're worth it!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
Mine!...............because they're worth it!
Must admit I used my shampoo and conditioner last time I bathed Parker and Izzy as I had run out of pet shampoo.

I had to be really careful when I had Cherry as she would get very scratchy/itchy with some pet shampoos but both Parker and Izzy are fine with whatever they are bathed in and obviously I make sure I rinse them well.

They had green apple shampoo and coconut conditioner and smelt really lovely!

Does it matter using human stuff if it doesn't effect the dogs?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >