View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 07:02 AM
I did the Bishop Burton foundation degree course - it's good because you can go with your dog, and you have to do practicals to a certain level (think it was intermediate and advanced). Very useful. We used to go up for the week and stay in a b and b with our dog

Also check out this:

http://www.apdt.co.uk/dog_trainer_courses_uk.asp

Wys
x
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by brittany View Post
The Kennel Club do an accredited trainer course. You have to have at least 5 years experience of training before you can be assessed. You have meet their criteria, how you do it is up to you. It doesn't cost much and is aiming to be the industry standard.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/kcai/
Aren't they all?

For me there is good and bad things in all courses.
I'm waiting for the KCAI to be on-line so you don't need loads of paper and a pencil with a rubber!
A simple data base where you tick radial buttons would work. Easy to view and easy to update.
charliejay
New Member!
Male 

17-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi About dog training,to much paperwork.I learned by being with very good trainers,and picking things up,cant beat people from what you call the old school.What you find these trainers dont hold any paperwork saying they are trainers.
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by charliejay View Post
Hi About dog training,to much paperwork.I learned by being with very good trainers,and picking things up,cant beat people from what you call the old school.What you find these trainers dont hold any paperwork saying they are trainers.
It is also extremely important to keep up to date with dog training and behaviour. there have been some huge leaps in dog training and to ignore those will not help the dog.
If you don't like paper then get the books which are necessary to read on Kindle!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2