View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 11:25 AM
This sounds to me like a classic wheat and/or lactose intolerance. I personally would feed very small quantities regularly of raw chopped chicken, but I could understand if you feel reluctant to change to raw, so therefore you could cook it or best of all as Zoeyvonne says, Applaws (although very expensive) will give your little girl everything she needs in a non-allergenic way (ie no wheat, no dairy etc., just meat and veg).
CarlaAndgem
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2012, 11:41 AM
thank you so much i will slowly change her to Applaws ill try anything, im gonna go get her some today how should i introduce it without upsetting her further?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 12:01 PM
hi mix about 1/3 of the new food in today and add a bit more each day, to be fair when I got Samson home from his breeder he was being fed a crap diet from tesco so i changed him straight on to orijen as i couldn't bear to give him such rubbish and he had no ill effects but the general rule is that it might upset their tummy, i feel awful for you that little gem has had an op already for nothing so hope the food change will ease her tummy, ah also look on viovet web site they sell pro-kolin (vets prescribe it but at twice the price) its pro biotic so introduces healthy bacteria to the gut Samson had 2ml twice a day for his upset tummy a little while ago and he is 5 months so 2ml a day will be fine for your pup and a tube will last a week then thats it dont need to buy again unless upset tum in the future.
CarlaAndgem
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you zoeyvonne im gonna try this just checked stock online for the food and just my luck they havent got it in stock but will check daily. im hoping this works she has been on and off for weeks now feel so sorry for her
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 01:22 PM
typical in the mean time can you cook her up chicken and white rice in equal portions and feed instead of her normal food? then you could introduce the new food that way as if it is the old food upsetting her then its best to get her off it sooner rather than later.
CarlaAndgem
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2012, 01:31 PM
i was feeding her scrambled egg, rice and chicken and introducing bits of dry food in between. she has only been back on her meat instead of egg or rice and chicken gradullay for 2 days and im noticing problems with it already im just wanting to make sure she getting everything she needs she has lost a bit of weight because of her being poorly
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd still cut it out, a couple more days won't hurt and you can get her on to the kibble as soon as it's in stock, may be worth calling your local pets at home and ask when they'll have some in or maybe quicker to get it delivered
CarlaAndgem
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2012, 01:55 PM
thanks will do. cut it out altogether back to what she was having till i can get her some Applaws to try
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I do understand the worry of no vitamins but rather that for a few days then a miserable pup
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 02:02 PM
You shouldn't do anything without speaking to your vet first.

Although I agree that a change of food may be good for her, it is unwise to do anything that may go against what a vet would advise at this time.

Vets are usually very approachable and will chat on the 'phone between consultations when there is a problem.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >