View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Suzanne2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Some dogs prefer to drink running water, so you could try putting down an empty bowl, calling the dog and then pouring the water into the bowl from a little way up out of a jug or bottle. He may drink it mid-stream!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I would not worry about the fish mousse, that is not essential to the diet, but water is.
How do you know a dog is getting enough water?

I was talking to my OH about this yesterday... I worry about Jake sometimes because he doesn't drink a lot but I know raw fed dogs can drink less... OH just says that he will drink if he needs to, and he doesn't show any obvious signs that he isn't getting enough...

Originally Posted by BentleyBoo View Post
so is it dangerous to give him water with his dry food so he drinks it at the same time he eats it?? I thought it was better to give water with dry food otherwise it just takes water from the body
If the water is mixed with the food, then IMO it isn't a problem... we used to do that with my previous dog. That way, it swells before the dog eats it. If a dog eats it dry though, and then drinks a lot, it can swell in the dogs stomach which IMO isn't good...
BentleyBoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:51 AM
thank you for all your replys everyone, very helpful as always thankyou x
thorsdad
New Member!
Male 

14-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I had never thought of removing my dog's drinking water when he is having his dry food. Is this generally recommended? He doesn't seem to suffer at all by having a supply of water constantly available.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 09:19 PM
I would never remove water from a dog apart from just after heavy exercise when I ration it, in case the dog drinks too much and triggers a GD/GDV.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2