View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Even though I prefer dogs to bitches, I have to say that I do not like many of the typical male behaviours. Even though both of my males have been castrated, Jed is very typically male compared to Flynn. He is obsessed with sniffing and scent marking, scratching up the floor when he's been to the toilet, attempting to hump other dogs in dominance etc. The other day I asked them all to sit whilst I locked the car up. Jed insisted on keep getting up and wandering off, something which made me a bit cross. In the end, when I released them, it seemed that there was a scent which Jed was desperate to wee over and hence why he kept breaking his sit stay. This is the kind of behaviour which annoys me because I think their instincts do take precedence in alot of cases, something which bitches do to a far lesser extent.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2012, 04:57 PM
No preference, currently have a female.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Dogs! I like them because they are more cuddly than the bitches I've known well and seem more laid back. I wouldn't want to deal with a bitch in season and I think they can be more sneaky.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd only ever had dogs as I was concerned about hormones running riot, mess during seasons, extra costs of neuturing etc etc. That was, until we got Molly. I had no preference, I just wanted a rescue dog that I 'connected' with. She is everything I could have wanted in a dog, and more besides. No doubt in my mind, I'd have another bitch in a heartbeat.

Just having ever had the one bitch is maybe not a fair recommendation........maybe I just got very very lucky
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Ive not had dogs long enough to know the difference to be honest it does not matter what the gender is as long they have good temperment, good health ect
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I'll never have bitches again. My previous 2 that I had, I had major difficulties with, whereas having had Ranger he's an absolute delight. I know part of the probs with the girls were the crosses/mixes they were, but still. Whereas with my other pets I really don't mind what sex they are
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I prefer bitches i think. Over the years I've had 4 bitches and 2 boys and bitches seem to suit me better somehow as they always seem to want a lot more cuddles and just don't seem to play me up so much!
I will miss our little Lily when shes dies (she is 14.5 years) she is so close to me, my little soul mate and can't imagine life without her. My next choice of dog will definately be female.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I have girls but thats just a coincidence, I would have either sex
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Had both, couldn't care less if it's an only dog. But because I have two I like a male and a female together as it's a lot easier than two of the same sex. Had a mother and daughter and found out the word bitch was invented for lady shar-pei.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Only ever had bitches in over 40 years of owning dogs .
I do have friends with males and even though they can be the nicest dogs in the world they will occasionally be attacked by other males .
In 40 years I have only ever had my bitches attacked once but maybe that is more to do with the breeds I have had .
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >