View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 07:27 PM
EEEK.........I have just been given two packs of Milbemax for Jimmi; the vet has written the dose as two tablets every three months. I have to say that Jimmi is a little heavier in that he is 9 kg, but I am rather nervous now of giving them to him

I know that any dog or person can react badly to something that thousands of others take without harm, but it does make you worry.

I have just checked out the package and leaflet carefully, and the ones that Jimmi has been given are for tiny dogs and puppies.......therefore not the high dose that the op is referring to.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by abba View Post
Hi everyone,

no that was not the type of wormer it was a problem of dosage. When he was a puppy he got the same medicament only small dosage. The problem is the range written on the pack it was 5 to 25 kilos. In this case it would have been better to take more puppy tablets according to his weight. Vet just saying it was overdose. And the hair will never grow back, that was like a very bad skin burn.
Did you give him a whole tablet? One for dogs weighing 5 to 25kg?
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Poppy, my Dalmatian had her first seizure 6 hours after taking Milbemax. She'd never had it before, I'd always used Drontal but I was at the vets and she was due to be wormed so I just asked the vet for wormer and that's what they gave me. The vet said he couldn't say whether it was definitely the Milbemax but that she shouldn't have it again.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by ruthshaw9 View Post
Poppy, my Dalmatian had her first seizure 6 hours after taking Milbemax. She'd never had it before, I'd always used Drontal but I was at the vets and she was due to be wormed so I just asked the vet for wormer and that's what they gave me. The vet said he couldn't say whether it was definitely the Milbemax but that she shouldn't have it again.
I have always used Drontal up to now too, but the Vet sort of pushed Milbemax saying that it was better.

Is it relatively new? It is a bit worrying.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Milbemax is not a new wormer and is a very good one. My JRT Milo could only take Milbemax any other wormer gave him a terrible reaction.
Any medication can cause a reaction if you are sensitive to an ingredient. Milbemax and Drontal and any other medication carry the risks.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Did you give him a whole tablet? One for dogs weighing 5 to 25kg?
yes my question too
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2