View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Yep, that's where Zeke was from. Picked up as a stray from a nearby town. Never worried about his owners coming forward after his week was up...he was in the most obvious place for them to find him if they wanted to, he obviously was just chucked out...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I think if a dog is genuinely lost in the area where he is from then most owners would be frantically looking for their dog, and the local pound would be one of the first ports of call ... surely???

I do wonder how many dogs that are lost out of their own area or that are stolen and then dumped end up in a 7 day pound miles from where they went missing and are then either rehomed or pts after their time is up
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:55 AM
having a bambino in the house, I would have a rescue, but not sure about Poundies...Maybe a youngster
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd rescue from our local rescue, Birmingham Dogs home though are full of Bullbreeds

I have traveled to Derbyshire when I was contacted about Tess, but she had only a small time left and although I didn't see her before I went etc etc., they allowed me to have her with no home check or asked if I had any experience of the breed I just paid the money and off we went
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Both our dogs are ex-strays from the local pound. Never had any problems until yesterday.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 11:53 AM
what happened yesterday Pysces
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
what happened yesterday Pysces
I've put it in a separte thread (didn't want to de-rail this one) - http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=163709
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 02:46 PM
We have rehomed from our local dogstust but Cassie was from Ireland. I would be happy to get a rescue from a charity or dogs home but dont think i could get one from a local '7 day' pound.

I wouldnt be able to think right and get the dog i should i would just go for one with no time left or want to bring them all home
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
We ran into who I strongly suspect to be Layton's previous "owners" (I use the term loosely as kicking your dog out cold and collarless in the middle of the worst winter for years doesn't seem like much ownership to me)... we know Layton was picked up roaming with another dog in the area we live in and had done a good month in the rescue kennels that have our local "pound" contract before we got him - and he is, well, a very distinctive looking creature (has been accused of looking like Ming the Merciless, has been told he should be doing sausage adverts with his face...).

Local park, height of summer - kid utterly flips out shrieking "Mummy mummy that doggy looks just like X (I forget the name)" and the flustered look of total terror on mum's face absolutely said it all - never seen a child be dragged away so quickly.

Safe to assume he ain't wanted then! Good job he is here!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2