Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Is the kennels near you....can I share this amongst my BC friends
Yeah share away I'd love to think of these two finding somewhere, I think the pound charges £110 per dog but no home check etc you can just turn up, pay and leave with the dog It's where all the dumpees go that the dog warden picks up

The brown one has a brand new set of pearly white teeth the black one still has a couple of baby ones left, they look in quite good condition and are lovely and fussy if a bit timid initially but the pound can't be helping that

If anyone definatley wants one - I'll happily go and bring it back here and keep it until they can get up for it and pay me back I just wish I could afford to get them both out and re-home them from here ;-(
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Very sad for so many dogs nowadays.
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
They are both so beautiful and still babies, I wish I could help them both. I have posted a link to this thread on the search and resue dog forum, can't think of anything else I can do. Lets hope a breed rescue gets in touch. Do you know how they ended up there, what happened to their breeders? Does the pound just keep them for 7 days and if there not homed?
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Did you get any background on these two?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 07:58 PM
How sad that these two gorgeous BCs are in rescue However, they are so lovely that hopefully some lovely people will come along and give them forever homes. If I could have only one (not possible) I'd go for the black and white girl

I'm quite shocked that no home checks are done.
With so many staffies there, what stops some horrible yobs turning up and buying one only to 'toughen it up' as a 'trophy dog'?
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by CharleyMaddison View Post
They are both so beautiful and still babies, I wish I could help them both. I have posted a link to this thread on the search and resue dog forum, can't think of anything else I can do. Lets hope a breed rescue gets in touch. Do you know how they ended up there, what happened to their breeders? Does the pound just keep them for 7 days and if there not homed?
If they're not re-homed or picked up by a rescue centre then they'll be PTS

Originally Posted by CharleyMaddison View Post
Did you get any background on these two?
No, I daren't ask - for some reason they really just wrapped themselves around my heart strings and I knew if I went down the line of background etc I'd end up taking them home
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Yeah share away I'd love to think of these two finding somewhere, I think the pound charges £110 per dog but no home check etc you can just turn up, pay and leave with the dog It's where all the dumpees go that the dog warden picks up

The brown one has a brand new set of pearly white teeth the black one still has a couple of baby ones left, they look in quite good condition and are lovely and fussy if a bit timid initially but the pound can't be helping that

If anyone definatley wants one - I'll happily go and bring it back here and keep it until they can get up for it and pay me back I just wish I could afford to get them both out and re-home them from here ;-(
SHARED....thanks hun have shard amongst some of my BC friends ....fingers xxxxxxxxx
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post

How long do they have left before the unthinkable happens?

I can put a few feelers out, Jon's father has always had Collies but Sam passed on last year and now they just have the Schipperkes. I can find out if he's interested in taking one of these girls.

My mum is also a big Collie fan and doesn't have a dog at the moment.

Is there any chance you could get more information or provide contact details for the pound please, as both will probably have a ton of questions about these two.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Search for mount pleasant dog kennels, hampole. It's on the a638 road between doncaster and Wakefield. It's boarding kennels as well as a rescue.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 10:29 PM
All stray dogs found within the Doncaster Borough are taken to Mount Pleasant Kennels, Wakefield Road, Hampole, Doncaster. If your dog is lost, you should contact the kennels between 8.30am and 5pm any day of the week, on 01302 722748.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »