Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Sorry to be a bit dense, isn't that a link back to this topic?
it is. i do make sense, honest
SB is making to a making a point to a few of the members over this thread:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=163556
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Hardly in the same context I think.

If running with the hare and the hounds is aimed at me and many others that had empathy for that poor woman so be it. Sometimes I cannot believe some people.

This was a dog mauling children not a dogs owner making the biggest mistake of her life possibly and now having to live with the regret. Hardly the same thing at all.

What relevance has the other thread to do with this report ?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hardly in the same context I think.

If running with the hare and the hounds is aimed at me so be it. Sometimes I cannot believe some people.

This was a dog mauling children not a dogs owner making the biggest mistake of her life possibly and now having to live with the regret. Hardly the same thing at all.

What is the problem outwitted over the other thread so this has to be brought into the equation ?

Get over yourselves. God sometimes I get so angry at how this forum has been brought down by some.
Lynn I completely agree with you,

Not foresight in my opinion just complete stupidity!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Urgh, things like this infuriate me. What on earth was this dog a "service dog" for? is the South African so-called "Dog Whisperer" visually impaired/deaf/disabled etc.?

You could see the dog eyeing the girl up at the beginning of the video. Poor kid.

What a stupid, selfish man.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
That's not lack of foresight - that's a comnination of arrogance and delusion IMO.
exactly, someone whos '100% sucess rate' was more important to him than the fact it was clear that dog was NOT safe to be around children

The dog had a history of agression before the first attack but the 'trainer' thought he was rehabilitated to the extent he took the dog to far too busy a place and didnt pay attention to what the dog was up to till it was too late
Then after that he STILL believes his own hype and lets it happen again

The only way this would be similar to the other thread would have been if the old lady had rehomed the dog knowing he had a history of running into icy lakes and having to be saved
If last year the dog had again jumped into the icy lake and she had to revive it and still let it go on and jump in again
Yup that way the situation would be similar
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Exactly, my colours are always firmly fixed to the mast, and I do not hunt with the hounds one day and with the hare the next.

A great compliment, many thanks.

If I had wanted to be underhand I would not have titled my post in this way.

That is what everyone calls for is it not? Greater transparency whether it be in government, the police or individuals.
In this case I think you've got your apples mixed up with your bananas. This wasn't lack of foresight, it was a lack of humility and the ability to learn from one's mistakes from yet another self proclaimed dog whisperer (aren't they all).
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Poor poor children, and what an idiot trainer

This is an obvious case where foresight should be used, given that the dog had previous aggression... the owner in the other thread though could, for all we know, have had no prior warnings to what her dog did... They aren't the same thing...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
In this case I think you've got your apples mixed up with your bananas. This wasn't lack of foresight, it was a lack of humility and the ability to learn from one's mistakes from yet another self proclaimed dog whisperer (aren't they all).
Totally agree with this, poor dog and poor little girl.

Rather ironically this thread should be re-titled "What happens when people are so arrogant that they believe themselves to be perfect".

What was it that was said on the other thread about pedestals......
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2