Female 

02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes there are clear stages of development

Unconscious incompetence
conscious incompetence
conscious competence
unconscious competence

So where are you now................... ?
I think that happens to us all with each dog we get as they are all a different challenge. If you think you know it all because your first dog was an absolute dream, dog number two is sure to kill your silly notions of grandeur and slide you back down the scale to stage 1.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
i was that new dog owner for a long time, i panick very easy if phoebe doesnt come back first time shes called. i spend most of my walk fretting about something or another - i am getting better now buts its taken 5 years to even relax atall on a walk. I even take a brew and my fags now and sit on the fence and just let her get on with it. But this is at 11pm when i know nobody will disturb our walk and she has a tini torch clipped to her collar so i can see where she is. she calls back every few mins for a check in then comes and sits at the gate when shes ready to go home. It has taken a long time to trust her, but i now find our late frolics quite relaxing now and she seams to enjoy. she doesnt explore as much during the day
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2